Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by rost495
amazing how many male chauvanists remain these days. Guess having pigs around annoys the muslims at least.

So, guys not wanting women killed in front line battle in war situations are male chauvinists, Rost?

Im thinking that will include most Christian pastors.

So thinking we wont see female NFL hall of famers is chauvanistic?

Hell, they can make babies, make men happy, own half the wealth and all the good stuff and they have to be as tough as men too?

Ok, they are better than us in all things.

Last edited by eyeball; 08/23/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by rost495
amazing how many male chauvanists remain these days. Guess having pigs around annoys the muslims at least.

Amazing how many people think bleeders can cover all the bases these days.

Guess having retards around keeps the wrong people in office.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by eyeball

Im thinking that will include most Christian pastors.

That demographic is almost as worthless as a bleeder.

Almost.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Thank you for the clarification.

The ultimate object of this is nothing more than a continuation of the emasculation of men with the ultimate aim being to prove them to be inferior humans.

Please browse away from the conspiracy theory websites.

What's really behind this is promotion opportunities.

A Ranger Tab = promotion points.
Combat = opportunity to earn medals = promotion points.

In many commands, real combat experience is highly valued during the promotion process.

So part of pushing the equality agenda it opening up these experiences to women, and the points that go along with them.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I believe these women are the exception to the rule, and are personally driven to 'prove a point'. I commend their toughness.

Most female (and male) soldiers have no interest in going to Ranger School. That trend will continue.

IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Eat it up guys.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
My unit spent 6 MONTHS in the field. Jorge,Kamo Gari Webster Parish and Woody and 4ager can attest to how much combat we were in,they read the reports. Stress levels are off any known scales and tensions between us were high as it was. Water was for drinking. Showers were monsoon rain or a waterfall,otw hygiene was very difficult. 100 lb+ rucksacks were our "house on yer back". WOMEN would NOT been welcome and a SEVERE detriment to unit morale and cohesiveness.

There's only one way this is going to play out.

They'll be put in the field. They will not do well.

No idea, how do the Israeli women do?

The Israelis used them in direct combat during the 1948 war because they had no choice. Those units with women suffered casualty rates in excess of 60% higher than all male units, for the simple reason men spent an inordinate amount of time trying to rescue wounded females and ostensibly "protecting " them in firefights. The Soviets had the same issue and BOTH stopped the practice and in fact I was present at the conference where they advise us against it.

Pregnancy rates in the US Navy for females E-4s and below during their first enlistment is as high as 64% and six months prior to a deployment it would spike as high as 80. And of course not enough time to replace them so men had to take up the slack. When I was on the JFK, in the two years I was there, we had 423 pregnancies, including officers. I can tell you without reservation, Naval Aviation cut back physical performance requirements as well as academic and flight standards in order for them to make it. Do some research on the Kara Hultgren incident and that is but one. GUARANTEED, books were cooked for these two...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
eyeball, here's a news story that will cheer you up,

"MOOSE, Wyo. — Two women died when they fell about 200 feet while trying to climb a mountain at Grand Teton National Park....."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/2-...on-national-park/ar-BBm1vBG?ocid=DELLDHP

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whether or not the standards were lowed or not is not the issue or the point of the media hype here. What you phuggs are too stupid to realize, is that all of this media attention is a prep show. And why? Prepping everyone for Hillary.

The DoD lifting of DADT was a precursor to allowing gay marriages nationwide.

Truman did the same thing prior to the Civil Rights movement.

DoD is and has been a big social experiment for many years.

They have all you numbnuts worked up about a couple of chicks wearing a Ranger tab, meanwhile, they are trying to figure out how to get Hildabeast in the WH.

Dont loose focus on the real issue here.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by deflave
We still arguing about bleeders? Where'd Splittail and her husband run off to?

Travis

East Texas

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jorge,

A lot women not in college the age of an E-4 and below are having babies. Just observing out loud.

So are their Navy spouses. However, only the women show the physical signs.

So, what's the point???

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

"MOOSE, Wyo. — Two women died when they fell about 200 feet while trying to climb a mountain at Grand Teton National Park....."

Sorry, i abhor the thought of our men suffering at the hands of muzzy enemies and that pales in comparison to what i feel with regard to our service women will and hsve suffered at the hands of arab men.

I guess if you fell you have the license to mischaracterize me i can do the same for you, you slandering pos.

Why do you get your kicks wanting to ser our women suffer unspeakable horrors at the hands of our enemies? Do you get off on it.

How can you have insanity to the point of thinking i would be happy to hear of women falling and being hurt or kilked. I woupd much prefer it have been men.

My argument, you imbecile, is made with respect to protecting our women, while all you are concerned with is allowing them to have their PC pushers gush over how women can contribute and suffer as much as men can.

Kiss my rosey red you mischaracterizing ass.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
You sound as if marines like you would like to get women involved to take up some slack, or do you just figure it would help you get a female subordinate in the sack?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Sorry, i abhor the thought of our men suffering at the hands of muzzy enemies and that pales in comparison to what i feel with regard to our service women will and hsve suffered at the hands of arab men.

I guess if you fell you have the license to mischaracterize me i can do the same for you, you slandering pos.

Why do you get your kicks wanting to ser our women suffer unspeakable horrors at the hands of our enemies? Do you get off on it.

How can you have insanity to the point of thinking i would be happy to hear of women falling and being hurt or kilked. I woupd much prefer it have been men.

My argument, you imbecile, is made with respect to protecting our women, while all you are concerned with is allowing them to have their PC pushers gush over how women can contribute and suffer as much as men can.

eyeball,

here's some unsolicited advice. switch to the smallest smoothest iphone you can find. If you are using a full size ipad, it is going to really hurt when someone shoves it up your fundament!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Read jorges post. You got the nuts to call him a liar. Of course, with libs like you, facts dont matter.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wow.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
http://sofrep.com/42761/really-happened-women-ranger-school-class-06-15/#ixzz3jh5fXBNh

The following was written by Rudy Mac, a Ranger-qualified, company-grade infantry officer serving on active duty in a light unit in the U.S. Army.
Related Posts

By the time most of you read this story, 96 newly tabbed Rangers and their friends and families will be celebrating the completion of one of the most arduous and demanding courses that the Army has to offer. For them, this coming weekend will undoubtedly involve hours of some of the most satisfying sleep of their lives, interspersed with exorbitant feasts of all of the foods that they have been dreaming about, talking about, and listing in their Rite In The Rain notebooks for weeks and weeks.

They will return to their units with a few new skills and a better understanding of small-unit tactics, but more importantly with a new confidence in themselves and their fellow tabbed Rangers. They will be marked for the rest of their careers with a $1.80 strip of cloth that tells whomever they meet that when tested with adversity, pain, and discomfort, they can be trusted to find a way to get the job done and complete the mission. For the first time in history, two women will pin on this badge of survival and perseverance, and you know what? They f*****g earned it. Every last thread of it.

I started and finished Ranger School this year with Class 06-15, although since I neither recycled nor had to endure a winter phase of the course, my tab should probably be just a little bit smaller than the tabs that many of my peers wear. We were the first gender-integrated Ranger School class, starting on April 19th, with 19 female and 381 male students.

Since my graduation, I have followed the progress of these remaining female Rangers with interest. Although virtually all of the discussion I have heard surrounding their advancement through the course has been pretty positive up to this week, since the Washington Post broke the story of Ranger Griest and Ranger Haver getting their go’s in Florida, I have read and heard an increasing amount of bad-mouthing from a plethora of haters, dismissing their accomplishment as the product of slipping standards or some ultra-liberal, feminist plot by the government and Army leadership. I am speaking out to tell you that these insinuations could not be further from the truth. Ranger School is still hard, and these women earned their tabs.

Before I discuss my own subjective opinions, let’s talk about the numbers, starting with my class (Class 06-15). In 06-15, we started 400 Ranger students in April and graduated fewer than 100 in June. Twenty-eight of us (that’s seven percent), went straight through the course without recycling. In Darby Phase, our recycle rate was almost 75 percent—the highest for the phase in over five years. In my squad of 17 Ranger students, only four of us went forward to Mountain Phase. Another squad in my company (Alpha Company) sent only two of 17 forward. In Mountain and again in Florida, we only had enough students for one platoon in my company. I believe the same was true of Bravo and Charlie.

For those who have claimed that the packing list was reduced for this year to make patrols easier: We weighed our rucks before the Mountains FTX and the Florida FTX. My ruck was 85 pounds at the start of Mountains as a team leader and over 100 pounds at the start of Florida as a SAW gunner. For the past three classes of the course (06-15, 07-15, and 08-15), the course graduation rate has been about 30 percent, much lower than the average for FY10-FY14 of 42 percent, and significantly lower than the historical average of nearly 50 percent. If you believe that the standards at Ranger School have been lowered for recent classes in order to pass the women who attended, you are simply wrong. The numbers reflect what the Ranger Training Brigade officers and NCOs have been saying for months now: The standards at Ranger School are as high or higher right now than they have been in many, many years.

Now, let’s discuss the process that the Infantry School went through to select and prepare female soldiers to attend the course. After the Army sent out the ALARACT message looking for female Ranger School volunteers, they had nearly 400 female soldiers express a desire to attend the course. One hundred and nine of those female soldiers eventually attended the RTAC, the ARNG Warrior Training Center’s two week Pre-Ranger Course, which is second only to the 75th Ranger Regiment’s SURT (Small Unit Ranger Tactics) Pre-Ranger Course in terms of success rate at Ranger School. Several of the women who failed RTAC went back and tried again, for a total of 138 attempts by female students.

Twenty female Ranger Students eventually passed RTAC, and 19 of those 20 started Ranger School with Class 06-15 on April 19th. From this point on, anyone who has followed the story probably knows what transpired. Eight of those 19 female students passed RAP (Ranger Assessment Phase) Week at Camp Rogers, where about 60 percent of Ranger School failures historically occur. All eight went to Camp Darby with Class 06-15 and were either recycled into Class 07-15 or dropped from training. After another Darby Phase with Class 07-15, again, none of the female students received their go’s, and three remained in the course to start over as day one recycles with class 08-15. As an aside, during RAP week with class 08-15, Ranger Kristen Griest finished second out of the entire class on the 12 mile ruck—an astounding achievement, especially considering that she had just gone through RAP week, two Darby phases, and another RAP week, all back-to-back. CPT Griest and 1LT Haver went straight through the rest of the course with class 08-15, finally earning their Ranger Tabs today after 124 days in Ranger School.

Lastly, for what it’s worth, I would like to offer my own impressions of what our class was like with female students in RAP week and at Darby. Unlike many, I didn’t doubt that some female soldiers in our Army would at least have a decent shot at getting their tabs. There are a whole lot of female collegiate, professional, and Olympic athletes who can PT a whole lot better than me, so why shouldn’t they be able to at least come close to passing a course like Ranger School? Like many, however, I was somewhat skeptical that the cadre at RTB could successfully administer a course with extremely close living quarters and significant field time like Ranger School without compromising the integrity of the training.

I quickly found, however, that the gender issue was a non-issue. The barracks at Camp Rogers are shaped like a ‘U’, with a latrine and shower facilities forming the center of the U, connecting two long bays of bunk beds and wall lockers, with doors at the end of the bays. The female students in our company slept towards one end of the bay, where an enclave of wall lockers formed an area for them to hurriedly change in when the need arose. In the latrines, during the absurdly short time hacks we were given to use the bathroom, the women simply walked past the men and used the stalls. After the first real smoke session of the week on day one, nobody cared much about using the same latrine. We were all just Ranger students.

During the few times we were able to take showers, the cadre dedicated the showers on one side of the bay to female students for one quarter of the shower period, and a Ranger instructor and female NCO stood in the center of the ‘U’ to avoid confusion. RAP week passed and we were on to Darby. In Darby, the female students in our company dispelled any doubts of their ability to hump weight on patrols during the first few days in the field. If I remember correctly, Ranger Griest carried the M240 for her squad on day one of patrols and another female in her squad carried the radio as the RTO. The next day of patrols, they switched, with Ranger Griest humping the radio and the other female student carrying the M240. Physically, they were studs. They carried their own weight and then some.

In the two months since I have graduated, I have spoken with countless fellow tabbed Rangers on the topic, both from my class and from previous classes. Every morning, my Facebook news feed is filled with statuses from my peers, with links to articles on the topic and discussions on the progress of the females left in the course. We are universally in awe of what these two female Rangers have accomplished. Everyone I have talked to is of one mind. They earned it. Without the same wide shoulders, large frames, and high testosterone levels of their brother Rangers, they earned it. Unfortunately, the naysayers will continue to talk trash and belittle CPT Griest and 1LT Haver’s historic accomplishment. In response, I would like to close with a recent quote from MAJ Jim Hathaway, the current RTB executive officer:

No matter what we at Ranger School say, the non-believers will still be non-believers. We could have invited each of you to guest walk the entire course, and you would still not believe, we could have video recorded every patrol and you would still say that we “gave” it away. Nothing we say will change your opinion. I and the rest of our cadre are proud of the conduct of our soldiers, NCOs, and officers; they took the mission assigned and performed to the Ranger standard. Rangers Lead the Way!

Read more: http://sofrep.com/42761/really-happened-women-ranger-school-class-06-15/#ixzz3jh5fXBNh

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Griest, who has served one deployment to Afghanistan, said she was glad to be done with the grueling course.

“I came here to be a better leader and improve myself, and I feel like I did that,” she said.

Ranger School is the Army’s premier combat leadership course, teaching students how to overcome fatigue, hunger and stress to lead soldiers in small-unit combat operations, but it is separate from the 75th Ranger Regiment.

Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1badf350, 163bc, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,627 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,597
Posts18,473,504
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.