Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
Amazon reviews are like ass holes, anybody can show theirs. And one rotten one proves nothing.

Kind of like your posts.

A wise man is frequently humbled, and a douchebag just keeps sticking his foot in his mouth.

The really sad part is the moderator left this forum because it smelled so bad here. smokepole try a vinegar douche and your breath won't stink as bad.

GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by mathman
Did the reviewer consider that a person who's already checking/turning necks, monitoring runout, et cetera isn't the intended audience?

Is a book on advanced calculus, a subject likely well beyond what 99% of people know about math, a bad book because I'm already conversant with what's within its covers?

What does calculus have to do with you being a douchebag.

And you are part of this five page douchefest and the intelligence and oral hygiene hasn't improved any in this posting.

And sorry, I have to go now, I have 500 5.56 Lake City case to prep and resize. But before I forget mathman do you use vinegar when douching, I mean wet tumbling with SS media.

Last edited by bigedp51; 08/25/15.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Calculus itself wasn't the point you dullard.

Obtuse, it's not just for angles anymore.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You seem to be intimately familiar and obsessed with douches. Why am I not surprised.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think we have seen what this poser is here for - gunning for JB, thinking he is going to have a trophy. What John said in his first post did not warrant this assinine display of a mental case. I do believe we have Larry's brother here.

little ed, you remind me of a petulant school boy that wants so much to be liked and thinks he can get that by being numeral uno. We do not work that way here, we do get crabby with one another but trade in ideas or answers in a generally respective manner. Obsessive/compulsive does not work on this site.

Back off the net, go play in your basement and then go find a friend face to face. And for your own good, get some Valium.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
You seem to be intimately familiar and obsessed with douches. Why am I not surprised.

Your not surprised because a forum member here with 3246 postings in this fun filled forum decided to start the douching.

Originally Posted by Higbean
I've only been reloading for ten or eleven years and have already figured out big ed is a douche. YMMV.

And then "someone" with 15427 postings here decided he was intimately familiar and obsessed with douches and added his 2 cents.

Not sure how many douches there are here. But one thing's certain, we now have one more.

So now you know smokepole you were the second douchebag to douche in this douchefest.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Colo_Wolf
I think we have seen what this poser is here for - gunning for JB, thinking he is going to have a trophy. What John said in his first post did not warrant this assinine display of a mental case. I do believe we have Larry's brother here.

little ed, you remind me of a petulant school boy that wants so much to be liked and thinks he can get that by being numeral uno. We do not work that way here, we do get crabby with one another but trade in ideas or answers in a generally respective manner. Obsessive/compulsive does not work on this site.

Back off the net, go play in your basement and then go find a friend face to face. And for your own good, get some Valium.

What a shame, you were doing so well in your first post and even stayed on topic. And now your just another douche with a oversized ego like your buddy MD. (Mule Droppings)

Originally Posted by Colo_Wolf
mmm How about using an "O" ring, leaving the stem to wobble a bit and use the carbide expander from Redding ?

Been working for me. And I have been using the old school neck sizer.

Makes me wonder what the heck they are burning in the campfire here that's effecting so many people? It must be pure horseshit.

Last edited by bigedp51; 08/25/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigedp51
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
At least he's consistent. And I suspect you know what Emerson said about consistency.

With all due respect (yeah right) MD you are the biggest a$$hole in this forum along with your douchebag buddies. So grow up and try and at least to act like the respected writer you think you are.

Your rating at Amazon tells it all, John Barsness (Author, Actor, Director)

I agree, a child actor, it fits, and if you had written something worthwhile I would have remembered.

And the review at Amazon tells the real story about your ability.

By CA Mike on March 27, 2015

Okay, I gave it a 2 star because they shipped it to me properly and in time.

As for the content, I didn't believe the other 1-2 star reviews and purchased the DVD anyways.

However, the other reviewers were right, there is nothing on there that I do not already know or am already doing in regards to precision reloading.

If you are on a budget, you can learn everything you need to know about precision reloading on Google and Youtube!

P.S. You could even try selling the Vern Juenke machine at your website and see if it compensates for you lagging DVD and book sales.

And guess what just appeared in my mail box John Barsness (Author, Actor, Director) AKA Mule Deer.

Below the PM sent to me here.

"FWIW, I share your view entirely. I am a bit shocked at his change in attitude recently, and very disappointed in his lately acquired arrogance. Don't leave this forum. I'm sure there are many reloaders like us that have learned the hard way, know what has worked for us, and prefer not to get into BS discussions like the one you're in. You're right, there is a cult that seems to believe he is God. I can name several posters here who KNOW what they're talking about and would agree with you. And me."

And its not just me MD, I have read other comments in reloading forums about you. And you need to BACK OFF and rethink your approach in this forum when talking to other people. Because if you don't your headed for a down hill slide that you will never recover from. So rethink what your douchebag buddies are dragging you into and doing to your image MD.

Mr Bigedp51,

You haven't gotten off to a very good start have you. This is a hunting, shooting, gun, and other-things-related website where folks come to chatter about the same. And quite a lot of them too--I haven't looked lately but maybe 40-50,000 members--so, it's quite a popular website where there are a lot of very knowledgeable, skilled, and otherwise interested people sharing information.

You obviously know something about hand loading, probably very much, maybe a lot more than I do though I'm going on fifty years of filling brass too. But what you don't seem to grasp is where the line is between affable disagreement and dogmatic knuckleheadism. And what's more you are either apparently completely unaware of when you "cross over" or you simply don't care. The second is a little more problematic for getting along here.

As to MD, though he doesn't need any defense from me, I'll chime in anyway. The guy is encyclopedic for "this stuff," but even more, as to this site, he's has shown himself to be patient, and generous with his time. I've met him personally and communicated with him here often and I would call him a gentleman. On my Forster Arrogance Inspector, there is no run-out with him that I've detected.

My advice for "some brass and case polishing and refurbishment" would be to post here again, subdue your lofty opinion of yourself a bit, and come in for a soft landing Mia culpa. This advice comes not even at the traditional $.02 charge; it's free.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not the one who started it. I just pointed it out.

Mule Deer is a good fella no matter how you shake it big ED. You are obviously an ass hole and here to pick a fight. Posting pics of the books you read was fugging epic and won't be topped anytime soon. Now run along and GFY.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep, I didn't start it either, I was just responding to one of his gems:

And the shear number of rats that came out of the wood pile making comments here that "NEVER" offered the OP any help just shows how many douches there are in this forum.

Not sure how many douches there are here. But one thing's certain, we now have one more.

What a moron. Go read some more books and regurgitate the stuff to someone who won't know the difference.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ed,

I am not sure why the need to run down JB. I met him here on the Campfire, years ago. We were discussing the virtues of a 204 Ruger against a 220 Swift in a prairie dog field. Unlike you, I was able to engage in a discussion of why one was better than the other.

Few people here have shot more varmints than I have and I was still eager to learn how a 204 was the best prairie dog cartridge. JB and I met and went to a prairie dog field and shot prairie dogs.

I can tell you a few things:
He doesn't hit every prairie dog, but neither do I
We had a great day and he listens as well as talks
He does know a lot about the entire shooting industry
He will forget his ammo on occasion
He never talked to me like I was stupid

We have become good friends and I haven't bought into the 204 stuff and doubt I ever will. That doesn't change a thing about being able to share a day shooting or discussions about guns and ammo etc.

He has been recognized by his peers in the writing industry and has received some real prestigious awards accordingly. Whenever I have a question, I can call John and get all the technical data I want without having to look it up. He has helped me to be a better shooter and has asked nothing in return, he can gain nothing by knowing me.

This isn't gratuitous back patting, it is the truth. Why you continue to run John down gains you nothing and hurts no one but yourself. If you feel bold enough to contact me through a PM, I will gladly talk with you about the whole issue and it is bigger than can be discussed on this forum.

Waiting for your next move...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
shrapnel and George_De_Vries_3rd

I didn't come here to be insulted by anyone and that's all Mule Deer has done from my first post telling the OP to remove his expander. Guess what, the OP removed his expander and his runout was cut in half.

Now go back and read the thread from the beginning and read each of Mule Deer's reply's. "NONE" of my initial posting were wrong or out of line to deserve Mule Deer's overbearing caustic replies. And Mule Deer's actions here turned this simple runout posting into a train wreck where only his replies mattered.

Mule Deer's comment below was the last straw.

"Several times in this thread I've demonstrated what you've posted is irrelevant or wrong"

And my reply to Mule Deer is "BULL $HIT", the OP removed the expander and the runout was cut in half. And this procedure is called trouble shooting.

If your Mule Deer's friend then find out what is eating at him and causing him to act the way he is. When you read the PM that was sent to me you will "SEE" I'm not the only one who thinks something is wrong with Mule Deer and he is acting strangely. And this isn't the way for any gun writer to act anywhere.

The ball is now in your court and if you want to fix the real problem then find out what is eating at Mule deer.

Last edited by bigedp51; 08/26/15.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry eddie, the subject matter changed, changed by yourself in bringing all the attention to yourself like a little whore.

Understand that better?

If you had let it go with your first remark of taking the stem and expander out and checking the case there would be fewer pages and the OP would have learned a heap more.

And to add to others, I have followed JB for many years, from the 70's I think it has been now. He hasn't been my only source of information but I trust what he says as taking much of his advice has made my shooting life and hunting life much more enjoyable than it would be otherwise.

I really would like to know this - what is the problem that someone is recognized as being knowledgeable, and what is the problem of someone being a fan or follower?

Anyway, JB has given me a lot based on his working and not regurgitating what has already been written by repeaters. You, well, not so much and from your cut and paste, probably never.

Want to continue being the class douche? Well, good luck with that, though you do seem to handle it well with out the luck.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Mule Deer's overbearing, caustic replies and Mule Deer's actions here turned this simple runout posting into a train wreck where only his replies mattered.

Not true.

The train wreck occurred right after you drove up.

For a Fire newbe, you sure take up a lot of bandwidth.

DF

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ed,

If you are intent on establishing dominance, I suggest you head over to the Hunting Rifles or AR & Tactical Rifles subforums and challenge Big Stick.

Wear your big girl panties when you do.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
ed has mastered the "I'm a victim" mindset beautifully. Insecure people do this a lot.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Winston Churchill

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Welcome to my world. I have been told more than once I wasn't relevant, I have lost bets to John, but undaunted, I prevailed. I have also won bets with him and he has always paid off in good humor.

You, Ed, for your reasons only, will never see this side of John, my guess is you won't see it with many people at all. The common denominator in that equation is you, not John...

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Sort of like if the first person you meet in a day is an a$$hole, he might be an a$$hole.

But if you're meeting a$$holes all day every day, then ...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At your suggestion, I went to Amazon to get the crappy reviews on John's writing. You were reading something other than the reviews I saw....

This is not a "how to" book, nor does it claim to be. One of the promoters for the book claims you must read it twice: once for fun and twice for information. His comment is spot on. Each chapter takes the form of a story but each is also laced with tips and tricks to hunting if you read closely. ...
Read full review

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (907brass, 6mmbrfan, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,469 guests, and 914 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,214
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.