B
when hunting with horses or mules? Do you like
<br>
<br>A cowboy pull on
<br>
<br>B regualer water proof hunting/hiking boots
<br>
<br>C other (tell what)

Truck 22,000 Dog Box 500, Shock Collars 500, Rabbit Dog 500, A Kid Shooting His First Rabbit PRICELESS!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Them pull on cowboy boots will git you kilt! What happens ifn you gotta walk out? Foot keeps slidin' forward, no stable heel. Suicide. Lace up packers are better, but you cain't walk on rock (as in rocky mountings), and they are NOISY. I use a good huntin' boot (Danners) unless I'm on a summer ride round the ranch. Got some Whites riding packs for deep white stuff.

Mule
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cowboy boots are fine for riding. They were developed just for that. That is about all they are good for though other than to look cool on the dance floor.
<br>If you like pull ons all I can tell you is that I have worn steel toed Wellingtons for general ranch work for about the last forty years. Put lots of miles on them foot and horse. Several differen styles of soles are available.
<br>
<br>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never fergit a feller what wore pull-ons on a bear hunt in the Grahams down in AZ. Me an' my cousin ended up havin' to take turns carryin' the feller. His feet were hamburger.

Mule
404 Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I like ropers, or about any kind of round toed boot...The leather tennis shoe called Horseshoes for cold weather and they have a spur ridge...I like the Whites packers with the heel lowered a bit, but they are heavy...hell I just don't care ones about as good as the other and I havn't lost a horse in years....

If it is cold I wear rubber boots over cowboy boots or in really cold weather I were sorals and put on the big stirrups with toe fenders. better yet go to the house and wait til it warms up.

Ray Atkinson

Atkinson Hunting Adventures

10 Ward Lane

Filer, Id. 83328

208-326-4120

atkhunt@mindspring.com

www.atkinsonhunting.com
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Boots ( cowboy that is ) see out here.. if you say cowboy boots.. your redundant.. boots are cowboy boots...

Olathes.. ( the old ones ) great for workin the ranch, w/spurs if needed... or go to town boots..
Now a pair of Hawthorns or Whites packers.. much much better and all around except when hunting...but I have worn them packing in, if it ain't to cold.....

when hunting wear hunting boots, just make sure your sturrups are wide enough...

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
If hunting, I wear Rockies if not too cold, but prefer hiking boots. In cold weather /snow I go with sorrels. Since I'm a wuss I always use the chemical toe warmers. And us ethe over size stirrups. Just trail riding in the summer, I'm usually in ropers. It's been a long long time since I had to walk back to camp or the truck, and don't plan to

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I am a little late, but . . .

I always wear pull on "cowboy boots" when riding. The old timer that taught me to ride forced this into my brain so deep, that I can't get it out. I cheat though and slip a pair of sneakers, Danner hunting boots, etc., (depending on conditions) and an extra pair of socks in the gear bag. If I have to walk out, I can. Better yet, if me and the horse take a streamside break, I can give my feet a little break from the confines of the cowboy boots.

When I am in the feild, I always figure, you can't take too good care of your feet.

Just my 2 cents . . .

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

406 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 163bc, 39 invisible), 1,496 guests, and 1,054 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,216
Posts18,524,435
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.