Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
this runs on netflix, and is absolutely fascinating about a majority whip in congress, and what he does to advance.
Keep in mind it's several years old.
I am at the stage in watching it where a news guy is looking into the internet to recover emails, text messages and so on from the guy, that would pin a couple of murders on him in his quest for power.
The people that wrote it didn't have to go far for material, i think.
art immitating real life.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
GB4

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

House of Cards is right up there with Breaking Bad.

- Rogue
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's on "My List" to watch as soon as I get through binge watching some other series. A friend watched it on HBO and loved it.

I tend to think that as outrageous as some of actions on the show are, real life in Congress is probably worse... shocked

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I think it probably is not far off the mark as to how washington really works, the quest for power, and the deals made to obtain it.
I was telling a guy today you could extend that down to a state, county, and local area, probably encluding the local H.O.A.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
House of cards is a great mini-series. I truly believe the story line parallels real world Washington, as in more fact than fiction.

As Rogue mentioned HoC and Breaking Bad is the only tv I've watched in years that really captured my attention.

Both series need to be seen, well worth your time.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
this runs on netflix, and is absolutely fascinating about a majority whip in congress, and what he does to advance.
Keep in mind it's several years old.
I am at the stage in watching it where a news guy is looking into the internet to recover emails, text messages and so on from the guy, that would pin a couple of murders on him in his quest for power.
The people that wrote it didn't have to go far for material, i think.
art immitating real life.
Bill himself said he thought it was a documentary until he saw how fast they passed an education bill.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
house of cards was very good

check out new series on netflix
'
"Narcos"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Heard an interview on NPR (yeah, I know. Gotta keep tabs on the enemy) when this started. Seems that there was a similar show on in the UK, and per Kevin Spacey he saw it while making a movie or something over there, and spent all the cash he made getting US rights and hiring the guy who directed it. it has been a smash for Netflix and while not Godly, I have to admit it is good.

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RogueHunter

House of Cards is right up there with Breaking Bad.

Just started watching season 3 of Breaking Bad. smile Next up will be House of Cards.
Friends say its the Bill and Hillary story.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I just finished narcos. Called someone i know that was well, kind of, there, sort of. At the time. I will be curious to see what his thoughts are.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I loved House of Cards. Don't really want to wait until 2016 for the next season though!

I've certainly binge watched a number of series on Netflix. It's pretty good for that.

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I gave up cable TV a while ago and now only have NetFlix and Amazon for TV shows and movies.

Last night our ISP was down for over an hour. I couldn't connect to the internet on my computer and couldn't watch Netflix.

Didn't know what to do with myself, I just wandered aimlessly around the house with a blank stare.

It was horrible......

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

311 members (14idaho, 16penny, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 48 invisible), 2,055 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,992
Posts18,481,107
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.