Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Here's why....

Idaho Supreme Court Allows Lawsuit against Boy Scouts, Mormon Church to Move Forward
KIMBERLEE KRUESI Associated Press
BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Idaho's highest court has ruled that the 16 men who say they were sexually abused as youngsters by scout leaders in Idaho filed their lawsuit on time against the Boy Scouts of America and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

The lawsuit — originally filed in 2013 — is still pending in federal district court. All but one of the plaintiffs identified as John Does allege they were sexually abused while attending scouting functions during the 1970s and 1980s.

The men are suing for constructive fraud, meaning a type of fraud that doesn't require proving malicious intent but does involve a breach of the relation of trust and confidence.

In their suit, the plaintiffs argue that scout and church officials knew scout volunteers were dangerous, but chose not to disclose that information. Instead, each scout leader was described as a "great guy" and a "friend to whom you can always turn for advice," according to court documents.

After attorneys for the church and Boy Scouts challenged the statute of limitations on the fraud claim, U.S. District Court Judge B. Lynn Winmill requested Idaho's Supreme Court justices to determine if the plaintiffs filed the lawsuit within the appropriate timeframe under Idaho law.

"We note again that is left for the trial courts to determine whether a plaintiff's cause of action is, in substance, a true constructive fraud claim, or a breach of fiduciary duty claim or something else, wrote Justice Roger Burdick, in a unanimous ruling.

Plaintiff attorney Gilion Dumas says the lawsuit would have been over if Idaho's highest court had ruled differently last week.

"This is a big victory for child abuse victims, in this case and others," Dumas said.

In a statement provided via email to The Associated Press, the Boy Scouts said it was thankful for the Idaho court's decision to consider the issue.

"The Boy Scouts of America extends our deepest sympathies to victims of any kind of abuse. In the more than three decades since these incidents took place we have continued to develop and enhance our efforts to protect youth," the statement read.

In an emailed statement, LDS Church spokesman Dale Jones said the church "has zero tolerance for abuse of any kind, and works diligently to prevent abuse and provide support and assistance to victims of abuse."

He also said it's difficult to provide information in this particular case since the cases are about three or four decades old, many of those involved are now dead and nearly half of the claims do not include the church or church-sponsored troops.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"The Boy Scouts of America extends our deepest sympathies to victims of any kind of abuse. In the more than three decades since these incidents took place we have continued to develop and enhance our efforts to protect youth," the statement read.

By openly allowing f-a-g-g-o-t scouts and f-a-g-g-o-t scout leaders.

Last edited by Armednfree; 09/02/15.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Armednfree

By openly allowing f-a-g-g-o-t scouts and f-a-g-g-o-t scout leaders.

Maybe openness is a better way forward. I'd trust a self-identified homosexual more than the Denny Hasterts and Josh Duggars out there.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
JBARTRAM,

Maybe openness is a better way forward. I'd trust a self-identified homosexual more than the Denny Hasterts and Josh Duggars out there

How do you know the difference until it's too late?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
....the "self-identified" thingy....

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Because they're sexually attracted to males.

I don't know why we've been given a false choice between open and closeted gays.

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is no choice available because you can never define whom the closeted gays are.

Self identified gays can be subject to the same scrutiny you would place upon say; a male coach of a girls' high school softball team.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JBARTRAM
There is no choice available because you can never define whom the closeted gays are.

Self identified gays can be subject to the same scrutiny you would place upon say; a male coach of a girls' high school softball team.

yeah, because that never ends badly....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE

yeah, because that never ends badly....

Always works out for the predators.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Maybe openness is a better way forward. I'd trust a self-identified homosexual more than the Denny Hasterts and Josh Duggars out there.

why does it has to be one or the other? Ban them all, whether or not they are in, or out of the closet.

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Boy Scouts is a private organization and as such has the right to determine who is allowed to join.

[Linked Image from ]
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

why does it has to be one or the other? Ban them all, whether or not they are in, or out of the closet.

Wait, what?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is all about making a moral choice. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. No biology, no psychology. No background checks are going to completely protect us.

Anybody who proclaims their f a gness has made their moral choice and it's the wrong one. Keep them away from my kids!

Islam is a terrorist organization.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
The BSA permits heterosexual female Scout leaders and volunteers. Is that a problem as well?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by DoubleH
The BSA permits heterosexual female Scout leaders and volunteers. Is that a problem as well?

They should only allow lesbians....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The solution is to put all the Gay Scouts under a Gay Troop Leader and all the straight ones under a Straight Troop Leader

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Leviticus 20:13

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I would have thought that most would not appreciate their teenage son returning home from camp with a busted arsehole and muck dribbling down his chin.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It could be, witness all the cases you see of teachers banging students. But at least a female identifying as hetero has made at least 1 moral choice. She's not proclaiming to the World that she's a pervert.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by BarryC

It could be, witness all the cases you see of teachers banging students. But at least a female identifying as hetero has made at least 1 moral choice. She's not proclaiming to the World that she's a pervert.

Agreed. Just like John Wayne Gacy's neighbors saying what a great neighbor he was, till they found the 33 boys buried under the house.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (2500HD, 270wsmnutt, 260Remguy, 1234, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 53 invisible), 2,779 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,130
Posts18,502,601
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.