Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

[b][color:#3333FF]Link..![/color][/b]

Late in Jay’s 15-9 loss at Marble Falls, one defensive back ran from 7 yards away into the back of an official watching a run play unfold 9 yards in front of him.

After the referee fell to the turf after the first hit, another player standing to the right of the referee and several yards away led with his helmet and dove into the official.

Both players were ejected. Northside ISD athletic director Stan Laing said the video was “very disturbing.” Laing said the district is investigating the sequence of events leading up to the play, and the UIL is aware of what happened.

“The question of what instigated that is what we’re trying to figure out,” Laing said.

Laing said the officiating chapter that oversees the Austin-based crew that worked the game is in the process of getting statements regarding the incident.

Before that play, two Jay players were ejected on separate plays. The incident occurred with about a minute left in the game, according to Marble Falls coach Matt Green.

Marble Falls was looking to gain the yards required to extend its possession and effectively run out the clock and called for a handoff toward the left side of the line of scrimmage.

The penalties stemming from the incident gave Marble Falls a first down. After the game, Green said Jay coach Gary Gutierrez apologized for the late events.

Green said he had to believe there was no way Gutierrez condoned the behavior and was upset with the behavior of those players. Laing said the district is trying to get multiple accounts of what happened leading up to the play and determine what instigated those events.

Green said the play was unique from others he’s witnessed during his career.

“I’ve coached 14 years and I’ve never seen anything like it,” Green said.

R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
They should be charged with assault.

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
assault and then some. Maybe even with a deadly weapon.

WTH is wrong with people these days?

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by RNF
They should be charged with assault.

This.

If I was the local police cheif, those two would be aressted at gun point, and jailed.

MOLON LABE
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
In addition to assault charges, they should be banned from playing football at any level for life. However, I am sure that some liberal will say that they are just misunderstood youths and should be given one more last chance...

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone know if these are more of Obama's sons behaving badly?

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ConradCA

...either that or are Univision watchers. whistle

Both need a few years behind bars to figure out some rules in general.

Last edited by luv2safari; 09/06/15.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by CraigD
In addition to assault charges, they should be banned from playing football at any level for life. However, I am sure that some liberal will say that they are just misunderstood youths and should be given one more last chance...

Banned?

The Raiders will take them.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Banned?

The Raiders will take them.

Sheet, your'e living in the past friend, the Niners have far more arrests than the Raiders.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I agree completely with the lifetime ban.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
They should be hung by the nuts on the goal post,with the whole school watching.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The coach is looking for a reason - who cares. These PUNKS are PUNKS. Put them in the locker room with a couple of the coaches, and the fathers of young players who have raised their sons well - and let be there be NO retribution for the hammering these punks deserve and will get.

Terry

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I wish the video was longer so I could see the coach's reaction.

It's been a long time, but I can just imagine how the football coach at my old high school would have reacted.

He would have gone nuts on those players right there in front of the fans,...seriously.

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
There is the possibility the coach put them up to it. I hope not.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
There is the possibility the coach put them up to it. I hope not.

I considered that possibility,....but surely not. If he did, it would definitely be discovered and that would be the end of his career,..and he makes $81,000 a year. Pretty good bucks for a high school football coach.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

That's what I thought when I saw it this morning.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Yeah there wasa 16 year old boy (Stoney point) that won't walk again account of a helmet to helmet hit. That happened last Wednesday.

We had a game Thursday (freshman) and one of our QBs got hit and laid there for a while. He walked off but the ambulance hauled him off. The team we played was pretty dark.

I can see football changing in the near future.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ConradCA
The 1st one is for sure. I can't tell with the 2d because he's wearing sleeves & gloves.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The misunderstood kids need to learn about the
consequences of attempted murder....now.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yet another reason as to why I don't follow football anymore, at any level. Come to think of it, I don't follow sports at all any longer. Not even the Army=Navy game.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 45 invisible), 2,237 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,248
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.