Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

[b][color:#3333FF]Link...![/color][/b]

SAN ANTONIO - Julio Perez, 22, is accused of causing about $250,000 in damage to the Alamo by carving his name into an interior wall with a key.

According to a statement issued Friday morning by Mark Adkins, chief of the Alamo Rangers, an Alamo tour guide noticed Perez as he was carving his name into a wall inside an area of the shrine known as the Monks' Burial Room. The incident happened around 4:30 p.m. Thursday.

Perez tried to get away when confronted by the guide, but was detained by Alamo Rangers.

San Antonio police were called to investigate and arrested Perez on a charge of criminal mischief causing damage in excess of $150,000. Due to the amount, he faces a felony charge.

"The material that he was etching it into is, of course, of historical value. And the dollar value of (the damage) was in excess of $250,000,” said Sgt. Javier Salazar, a spokesman for SAPD.

Police said that the carving was of the suspect’s name, “Julio,” and that it measured about 3 inches by 1 inch.

While the damage may be relatively small in size, it was a big deal to Friday morning visitors.

"I think it's horrible. Absolutely horrible," said Debra Blanchette, who traveled from Phoenix to visit the national monument. "I think it's appalling. This place has been here for many, many years. What's the point?"

Although the area where the damage occurred was open when KSAT 12 News visited the site Friday morning, Adkins said it has since been cordoned off from the public.

He said historic preservation and restoration experts will assess the damage to determine how best to make repairs.

“In Texas, we take our history seriously and consider the Alamo to be sacred ground,” his statement read. “Desecration of any part of these hallowed grounds, especially the walls of the Alamo Chapel, will not be tolerated, and we will support prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.”

This is not the first time someone is accused of desecrating the Alamo. Several people throughout the years, including rocker Ozzy Osborne, have been accused of urinating on the sacred grounds.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He's [bleep], no better way to piss off Texans

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tracks
He's [bleep], no better way to piss off Texans

Dude is in a heap of trouble, not going to see daylight for quite some time. eek

[Linked Image]
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'd put him in a room with Phil Collins; armed with a set of lead-tipped drumsticks.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is not the first time someone is accused of desecrating the Alamo.
That's for sure. A few years back a bunch of Mexicans shot thousands of holes in it.

I don't know why some people think they have to damage things of value. He's an idiot.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

wait till Trump hears this story.......

Jose' will be phhuucckked......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Obviously I don't approve, but 3x1 inch name is 250,000.00 in damages.... Wow has inflation set in.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The value of something is the price people are willing to pay for it.The Alamo was expensive.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just by looking it becomes apparent that that Perez guy is a no-life loser, and I hope they DO throw the book at him and throw away the key.

The Alamo averages about 2.5 million visitors a year, if that were evenly distributed it would be more than 68,000 per day. It is open every day except for Christmas Eve and Christmas.

There is an enormous amount of trust involved here, access is unhindered, IIRC the briefest sort of bag search upon entry into the chapel, no search at all for those coming onto the surrounding grounds and museum.

It will only take a few d&&kwads to screw that up, give that Perez guy something to frown about, lock his a$$ up for some period of years. Won't be any sort of loss to society.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
^^^I approve this message.^^^

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
He looks like a miserable soul.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can I carve ALAMO on his Forehead with a Bowie, and rub it full of wet diesel exhaust soot ?

Please....

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
When his sentence is finished - deport him.
No matter where he was born.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
He looks like a miserable soul.

Yep. He also has that arrogant stare in his eyes that says, "GFY."

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mark shubert
When his sentence is finished - deport him.
No matter where he was born.

Pizz on that,....While he's in the slammer, periodically strap him down on the execution table,... trank him, and let every Tattoo artist on what will become a LONG list,....COVER him with "Remember the Alamo" themes.

Let Birdwatcher be his probation officer, when he gets out.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

P
PVT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by jdm953
The value of something is the price people are willing to pay for it.The Alamo was expensive.

Well said!

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Should'a learned this:

Thoughts from TX

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Let Birdwatcher be his probation officer, when he gets out.

I wish I was mean enough fer that... grin

Not coincidentally, I was standing out in back of the chapel at the Alamo all day long on Saturday as one of the regular reenactors.

I've worked up a kit, everything a guy would carry on his back back then. This has a real practical application on account of I can carry it all from my car in one trip, same thing at the end of the day going home.

Translates to a 9'x 11' pecan-stained cotton tarp, a wool blanket and a piece of oilcloth for a groundsheet. Got a 4ft cedar pole I use as a center pole for a lean-to type set up. Some wrought iron stakes to guy it out, sisal rope.

Plate, cup, utensils, water gourd, flint and steel, sewing kit, extra pair of period shoes all laid out. The best piece I got is an original brass trade kettle, contemporary to the period.

Plus I bring an extra shooting bag, longrifle, haversack, pistol and horn, all left hanging from/leaning against the center pole.

Backpacking circa 1836 cool

Looks pretty sharp if'n I say so myself, makes for good photos, kids and women like to sit in it to get their pics taken.

I need to bring a camera next month and post photos of the set-up here.

Anyways, the usual happy, interested crowds from all over the planet.

And I'm happy to say not one of us brung up what that no-life punk had done just the day before, never came to mind.

Ya, as was said, when he gets out, send Julio back to Mexico, even if he ain't from there...

...with "Remember the Alamo" carved backwards on his forehead and rubbed with grease and soot grin

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This kind of crap goes way back. Read Mark Twain's "Innocents Abroad". His newspaper sent him on a tour of Europe to write about what all the tourists were seeing and and doing. He was part of a large tour group doing all the favorite places. There was a guy in the group who carried a geologists hammer and he took a souvenir chip from each of the big places, like the Roman coliseum, leaning tower of Pisa, etc.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can you say "reconquista"?

The Alamo is getting over run again. smirk

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (10gaugemag, 308ld, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,617 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,630
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.