Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
On a 40hour week-they work more-that comes to $9.61/hour. With benefits it would be less cash to live on. They could make more at McDonalds and not have to arrest people carrying.

On your best day you wouldn't put up long with what they have to do for 20K. However, a new class of GW are being considered right now. I think you should apply and get in on making their bloated salaries.

Like I said, what a joke.

Addition: Just checked and they are not hiring. Missed the boat, sorry.

Last edited by battue; 09/09/15.

laissez les bons temps rouler

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Ain't no game warden worth more than 20,000 a year. Benefits included

Are you pissed you couldn't pass the physical or pissed you got a ticket?

YGTBFKM if you think they're not worth $20K/year. What are you so pissed about? A pay hike? Everything goes up, I can't believe they didn't do it every few years.

The no Sunday hunting is pretty chickenshit I'll give you that one.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by battue
On a 40hour week-they work more-that comes to $9.61/hour. With benefits it would be less cash to live on. They could make more at McDonalds and not have to arrest people carrying.

On your best day you wouldn't put up long with what they have to do for 20K. However, a new class of GW are being considered right now. I think you should apply and get in on making their bloated salaries.

Like I said, what a joke.

Addition: Just checked and they are not hiring. Missed the boat, sorry.

Actually I spent almost 15 years as a cop dealing with lots more than they ever thought of dealing with

My issue is that there is no Deer worth 175 bucks,

As far as their benefits. You can add asddnother roughly 5,000 to their wages just on the take home car program

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Guess you never will hunt out West. Your loss, not mine.

You use your own car on the force? If so and didn't get reimbursed, don't blame anyone but yourself.

Probably best you quit and don't even buy a license. Doesn't seem like the time you spend hunting is worth all that much.

Last edited by battue; 09/09/15.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I keep seeing 175.00 to hunt deer for two weeks with the increase. That is not the way I read the notice.

To hunt just the two week deer season would be 39.00 + what ever for a "doe tag".

The 175.00 is for the ULTIMATE OUTDOORSMAN LICENSE which is

General hunting license
Furtaker license
Special wild turkey license
Bear license
Archery license
Muzzleloader license
Migratory game bird license/stamp (waterfowl,doves and woodcock)
And with this you have more than just two weeks of deer.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I spend more than on gas to and from the deer.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
If they want a license fee increase it should come from the non residents

And as I said a $2000 surcharge to anyone from New Jersey

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Last year drove 60mi each way for every day but one of the two week Deer season. Saw one nice Buck and one giant, but didn't get any shooting. Shot a Doe the next to the last day and on the last passed on a little Buck that was legal.

Glad I don't know what a bad time I had. Dumb ass me bought another license for this year.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by NWPA
I keep seeing 175.00 to hunt deer for two weeks with the increase. That is not the way I read the notice.

To hunt just the two week deer season would be 39.00 + what ever for a "doe tag".

The 175.00 is for the ULTIMATE OUTDOORSMAN LICENSE which is

General hunting license
Furtaker license
Special wild turkey license
Bear license
Archery license
Muzzleloader license
Migratory game bird license/stamp (waterfowl,doves and woodcock)
And with this you have more than just two weeks of deer.

Correct, but still outrageous. My cost for all that, minus the muzzle loader is currently around 70 bucks

And if you figure in that a working man only gets one day a week to hunt, two weeks is about about l you get for the entire seasons of archery and gun combined

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Last year drove 60mi each way for every day but one of the two week Deer season. Saw one nice Buck and one giant, but didn't get any shooting. Shot a Doe the next to the last day and on the last passed on a little Buck that was legal.

Glad I don't know what a bad time I had. Dumb ass me bought another license for this year.

It ain't about having a good/bad time. It's about an our of touch government agency

Let's look at their land maintenence crew, most of these guys are high school grads. Starting out are 15 an hour plus union benefits and a pension to do what boils down to lawn mowing

I walk out my front door and go hunting on my land I don't need to spend any gas.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Used to be able to walk out and do the same then things changed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pointer understands the reason to keep the GC as independent as possible from the general fund. Sean understands GC is hurting financially and Gitem thinks he knows how much someone should make or be willing to spend on their hobbies.

Just came from the dentist. Be a good idea to make what I can while I can. Nothing of value costs what it did 16 years ago. Hunting included.

What I think is that PGC is an over bloated agency

They have 714 employees, yet they think they need 86 million to fund those 714, something is askew

Ain't no game warden worth more than 20,000 a year. Benefits included

That's crap. Would you work a law enforcement job that has you consistently dealing with ARMED individuals, often alone, for less than $20k/year including benefits?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It ain't about having a good/bad time. It's about an our of touch government agency

Let's look at their land maintenence crew, most of these guys are high school grads. Starting out are 15 an hour plus union benefits and a pension to do what boils down to lawn mowing

I walk out my front door and go hunting on my land I don't need to spend any gas.

There's your problem...

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (BALLISTIK, beefan, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 8 invisible), 1,289 guests, and 975 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,227
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.