Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
yep, like Tito of Yugoslavia, he held the lid on a volatile combination of different tribes, sects, groups, clans, and cults.

it takes a strong man to do that, and that's exactly what Saddam and his family were.

now, they're gone and the world is reaping the whirlwind. so be it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If only his father would have hugged him as a child....

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
To me the biggest mistake Bush made was to think the democrats wouldn't use the Iraq war for their political advantage at the expense of the good of the nation and the world. They care about nothing except their political advantage, nothing else matters; a fact reinforced by their support of the recent Iran deal.

The Iraq was was the right thing to do morally, but the wrong thing to do for long term political consequences.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Bump

It was Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver (SFC E-7)who said:
"No, no, I've got them right where I want them -- surrounded from the inside."

http://www.macvsog.cc/1969.htm
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by RickyD
The fact remains that George Bush (and Rumsfeld and Cheney) lied this country into a war in Iraq with false claims of terrorism and weapons of mass destruction.
The fact remains that's a lieberal lie.

laffin'

Plenty of documented proof...places easily found on-line...where the President 'himself' (George Bush) CONFIRMED that there were NO weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, and Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11.

But some Internet 'patriots' know better than the President himself...!

laffin' some more

Don't be so sure.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[video:youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENAV_UoIfgc[/video]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Isn't it AMAZING... hind-sight is still pretty much 100% accurate !!!

Life can be "difficult"... and not for the "faint-hearted", but life becomes MUCH MORE "difficult" when the decision-makers are stupid and make stupid decisions to "solve" problems their own stupidity created !~!~!

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
The fact remains that George Bush (and Rumsfeld and Cheney) lied this country into a war in Iraq with false claims of terrorism and weapons of mass destruction.

As if all the Repubs and Dems in Congress who agreed to it were all just brainless sheep!

(Well, perhaps they were, but the Dems are presently trying their best to field them to be the next pres.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Thank you Bear. Finally someone found Clinton and the dems talking about WMDs.

I read years ago about their authorized use of force, but the ball lickers forget about the clintons envolvement.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Whether you want to admit it or not, this is the truth. For the Bush Administration to be lying, they would have to know that it was not true. At the time basically the whole world thought that Saddam had, or was building WMD's, including most of our allies and the Democrats that would mostly oppose anything that a Republican did. Now, in hindsite, we know that Bush was wrong about things but it was not a lie. If you can't see the difference, I can't help you. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Johnson is still WAY worse than Bush or Obama; he takes the cake for being the worst president of the 20th century by a good margin. Any other 20th century president could only be competing for 2nd place.

For me, the Iraq invasion was the best think we could do to help out Iran, and it has been borne out. We all but gave control of Iraq to Iran, and in the process massively strengthened Iran's influence in the Middle East.

Iran has been angling for the rebirth of the Persian Empire since 1979. If we had stayed in Iraq and Afghanistan we would have had Iran covered on at least 2 sides. Now, they are allowed to run free and do what they want.

I guess now is as good a time for Armageddon as any time. Let's get it over with before my grand children have to fight this war.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 62 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,265
Posts18,486,514
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.