Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by KMS
One of my customers, an Iraq war vet, shot the neighbor's pit bull after it chased his daughter. The guy shot it with a pellet gun and the dog ran home and died. The guy that shot it went next door to tell the owner what happened. The prick pressed charges. 12K so far and the case doesn't seem to be close to over yet.

Did this happen in Texas??? Maybe in Austin but not where I live in Texas.

GB1

P
PVT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Worthless pieces of crap. Zero redeeming qualities. Kill them all.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
It doesn't matter what breed it is they are trained right or they are not.

You don't know much about dogs.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by PVT

On its own,
This leaves a lot of options open, theoretically speaking.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Not one of them had a handgun?? Great argument against remaining unarmed.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Doesn't anyone carry a good pocket knife anymore?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
It doesn't matter what breed it is they are trained right or they are not.

You don't know much about dogs.

Travis

its largely true been around agressive individuals of most breeds but TRH's long held claim is aggressiveness towards people was bred out of the breed due to the circumstances the breed is used in originally and he is right, if this was the year 1900 but outside of good ol boys raising hounds when is the last time you heard of anyone culling sub par pups in the last 30 plus years? it doesnt happen and hasnt happened for a hell of alot of generations....alot of fuggin time for back yard breeders to undo chit....hell look how far most golden retrievers are from what they were before the AKC crowd got ahold of them...whole lot of them arenear worthless as hunting dogs after generations of being bred as nothing more than family pets that meet a body type...

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH

actually surprisingly i live in a largely rural area and amsurprised how often someone asks if i have a knife they can borrow for a seck.....most people most places dont anymore....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Bipolar disorder runs rampant in the breed.Seen it happen from 20 feet away.The switch trips and they are insane, ten minutes they return to normal as if nothing had happened.Scary s&%t.Shoot em and be done with it.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The one moron drags his child into the maylay,idiots abound, the first clown looses his baton, the rest don't even look for weapons.
This is what happen to people that go through life with out a plan, reality over whelms them and adversity kicks their azz.

That is truly sad those dogs should have handled easily, how many of you don't wear a leather belt for God sake.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Expect some nitwit to come along soon and earnestly explain how his two pits named piddles and cuddly-bum are just about the most wonderful creatures on God's green Earth and that the problem obviously stems from lack of owner love and proper training.

Then some other halfwit will announce to all and sundry that should anyone shoot his "gawddamm dawg" with a pellet gun or any other type of "gawddamm firearm" he will "by gawd golly" bury the heartless louse.

There you go, thread summarised.

Interesting in that when we moved to Australia, pit bulls were forbidden for import. We arrive and 75% of the dogs we saw are pitt bulls. Stranger yet, not a single Australian Shepherd in the two years there.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by rattler
if this was the year 1900 but outside of good ol boys raising hounds when is the last time you heard of anyone culling sub par pups in the last 30 plus years? it doesnt happen and hasnt happened for a hell of alot of generations.

I'm raising the BS flag on this one. Deer and Bear hunters do it all the time.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
if this was the year 1900 but outside of good ol boys raising hounds when is the last time you heard of anyone culling sub par pups in the last 30 plus years? it doesnt happen and hasnt happened for a hell of alot of generations.

which are what? hound men

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Figgin dog racers do it all the time here too.

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
No one said Pitbulls aren't capable of great harm. They may well be the breed most capable of harm. They're extremely powerful of jaw and body, extremely determined to finish what they've begun, and to never quit. They are the breed least prone to fear or intimidation. They disregard injury more so than any other breed. But whether the behavior engaged in by any particular Pitbull is deemed good or evil is far more determined by who has owned him from the time he was a puppy, and who is currently in charge of him, than by any other factor.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 700LH

actually surprisingly i live in a largely rural area and amsurprised how often someone asks if i have a knife they can borrow for a seck.....most people most places dont anymore....

There aren't near as many MEN as there used to be. When I was growing up, my old daddy wouldn't be caught dead without a pocket knife in his pocket, and it had better be an Old Timer..........

I picked up the habit from him, but am partial to Kershaws.

To be fair, though, that could have happened in one of the liberal chitholes that frown on knives almost as much as they do guns.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500

Figgin dog racers do it all the time here too.

show me where it happens anywhere around any 'pet breed' like what most pitbulls have become since dog fighting became not allowed....outside the two groups, racing dogs and hounds where the general public aint looking to scream.....other than the rare person every pup gets sold....or do you really think backyard breeders are drowning sub par pits and have been for all of the last 50 years....

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by ringworm
All dogs can be trained to be aggressive.
Some dogs are naturally aggressive but can be trained to be gentle.
The thing is that when a spaniel goes crazy you can boot them through the uprights. Not so with pits, dobermans, Shepard's, rotts, mastifs, ect.

But the thing is, we simply do not ever hear of a properly raised doberman, rottie, or shepard turning on its master or his kids for no apparent reason.

Several times every year, we hear a story in the news about a pit raised in a fine family situation which goes totally berserk and kills or maims a person in the family which raised it and loved it.

I have good friends who raise pits, and they love them to death. They claim there is not a better family dog on the planet.

I have never and will never let one of my kids or grandkids play around a pit with out my supervision. I always have it in my mind that I may have to kill the SOB to save my kid.

I never had that fear around my Mom's rotties. I have never heard of a rottie being anything but the perfect shepard of what he had been trained was his domain.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
P
PVT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by PVT

On its own,
This leaves a lot of options open, theoretically speaking.

Well, yeah. Over the years people have selected the qualities they most desired from breeds like this. At best, they are on the edge of out of control. At worst, well we just witnessed that. It's a bit too late to save this breed. They need to go.

And, I agree with statements about being ready for self defense. A gun, a knife, a belt, your boots...something for God's sake!

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Hey T, all this being said, I have a Bud with a hard line on pits from a breeder out of Arizona with isolated bloodlines from back in the Jack Johnson days, a time when dog fighting was considered a gentlemanly sport, these dogs can't be bought, if your 'in' and the old man likes ya, he'll give you a pup.

If I were to ever want a pit, it would be one of these.

Trump Won!
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

391 members (163bc, 10Glocks, 160user, 1lesfox, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 38 invisible), 2,025 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,658
Posts18,512,809
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.