Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
WHo did the Pollsters Poll? Was it taken in Greenwich Village,NYC or somewhere in the flyover area?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Your stupid to even bring this up. Have you heard that we have an electoral process in this country?

Try putting a candidate out there who will not get laughed at.

Last edited by northwestalaska; 09/12/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
16 months and he's gone as it is.

I'm afraid the POS is going to do a lot more damage in those remaining 16 months.

MM

The Muzzy POS usurper is doing all he can to shred the Constitution before he is stopped or the election. I still do not feel he has intentions of stepping down as a result of the election.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Now you know why many of our best military leaders were either fired or forced into retirement. Only the yes men were allowed to keep their jobs. As far as 71 percent not having balls, I would have figured it would have been closer to 90 percent. it figures. I read that when we revolted against England, 10 percent took up arrms, 10 percent wanted to stay with the British and the other 80 percent sat on their fat asses and waited for the outcome. &1 Percent? Maybe that's actually an improvement such as it is.
Paul B.

This exactly

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is easy to fantasize and complain –– but the problem with coups is the unintended consequences and the extremely bad precedent it sets.

Frankly, the way the Republican debates and campaigns are going, the GOP is going to be forced into having some backbone. The problems may solve themselves without such a poor solution.

There is a fellow named Luttwak who wrote a sympathetic book about coups maybe 40 years ago. He made the point that in countries like Egypt and those in South America, the military views itself as the last resort in caring for the best interests of the nation. Some countries have had many military coups.

How do you think that has worked out? Would you really want to live in such a place?

Last edited by Anjin; 09/12/15.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
The way things are going, I think there is at least a 50/50 chance he will declare martial law and not leave office.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
The way things are going, I think there is at least a 50/50 chance he will declare martial law and not leave office.

I do not see that. I think he wants to get on the gravy train like the Clintons.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At least 29% would favor the military ousting any President because their guy lost. We are not a Banana Republic. Go down that path and you get a Castro.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In one of those articles, titled “Alea Iacta Est: The U.S. Coup of 2017,” he argued that military officers, far from simply having the right to overthrow the government, may have a duty to do so if the federal government acts against the best interests of the country.

I can see how a person could think that it was in the oath that they took, upon entering the service. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Your stupid to even bring this up. Have you heard that we have an electoral process in this country?

What does it feel like to wake up retarded?

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Toddly
Originally Posted by northwestalaska

What does it feel like to wake up retarded?

He has done that for son long he no longer knows the difference. He would just rather vote in Communists that want to systematically destroy our country.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
walter and his ilk will be the first ones fed into the woodchippers on roundup.

Trump Won!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by gunner500
walter and his ilk will be the first ones fed into the woodchippers on roundup.

We can only pray

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I personally think a "coup" is needed for Boehner and McConnell and 1/2 of our problems would be solved. We know the CiC has gutted the military of it's leadership with virtually no feed back from the Congress. It's time we have new leadership in Congress and get rid of the dead weight at the top.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by watch4bear
n a poll taken by YouGov, 29% of Americans would support a military style coup to remove Obama from office. 41% say they could never support such a move.
http://www.thepcgraveyard.com/2015/...ilitary-coup-to-oust-obama-and-congress/

Read this very carefully.....and I mean the latter part.....41% say they would never support such a move.....this means 59% would support it!!!!!(possibly) to some degree!!!!!

Roughly translated we have serious discontent with the entire establishment of Washington D C.....and it took Obummer to point this out to us in clear transparency.

This poll comes as no surprise to many Americans who are fed up with complete fiscal mismanagement and continuous attacks on our way of life.....

It's why Trump is leading the polls lately.....because he is the only one even coming close to expressing the sentiments of a helluva lotta folks!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jdm953
So 71% of the people in this country have no balls.
...along with 99% of the politicians...

Originally Posted by vapodog
Originally Posted by watch4bear
n a poll taken by YouGov, 29% of Americans would support a military style coup to remove Obama from office. 41% say they could never support such a move.
http://www.thepcgraveyard.com/2015/...ilitary-coup-to-oust-obama-and-congress/

Read this very carefully.....and I mean the latter part.....41% say they would never support such a move.....this means 59% would support it!!!!!(possibly) to some degree!!!!!

Roughly translated we have serious discontent with the entire establishment of Washington D C.....and it took Obummer to point this out to us in clear transparency.

This poll comes as no surprise to many Americans who are fed up with complete fiscal mismanagement and continuous attacks on our way of life.....

It's why Trump is leading the polls lately.....because he is the only one even coming close to expressing the sentiments of a helluva lotta folks!
That...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
16 months and he's gone as it is.

But the people who elected him, TWICE, are still with us.

That's not he sort of thing a GREAT PEOPLE - to use another poster's phrase - would do even ONCE.

And... BTW..... in a true military coup, the citizenry sits it out.

The GREAT PEOPLE (yes, I was the "poster" who said it) of this Nation "bought-into" a man's promises... and they must be the judge of whether or not those glorious promises were kept. After all, those "promises" sounded really good in the beginning.

But you should get "out" in the countryside and meet those folks. You'd see, first hand, the strength & character which the vast majority of Americans never "lost" and still have! And don't make the mistake of thinking that REAL Americans would tolerate a "coup"... because I seriously doubt that they would.

One of my 9 Grandsons is in the National Guard and just got back from being deployed in the Middle East. I have NO DOUBT that he would absolutely refuse to be involved in or even tolerate a "military coup" and he'd doubly refuse to fire on American civilians even if ordered to do so... because he knows it would be DEAD wrong as do his fellow Guardsmen!

Americans are not as "easily lead" as you seem to believe... which is why I suggested you get out in the countryside and meet some REAL Americans... not just some city street punks who aren't even loyal to their predator-like "buddies".

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A military coup over a majority elected president?

if you think Obama is bad for this country, that would crash the world's economy in about 4 days.

I'd say those that said they'd do it said so in more of a "wouldn't it be great if we could get rid of him" kind of way than actually thinking thru the fallout of doing it.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/14/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by KFWA
A military coup over a majority elected president?

if you think Obama is bad for this country, that would crash the world's economy in about 4 days.

I'd say those that said they'd do it said so in more of a "wouldn't it be great if we could get rid of him" kind of way than actually thinking thru the fallout of doing it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (12344mag, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 44mc, 375TN, 19 invisible), 1,634 guests, and 1,040 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,963
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.