N
"Again Bullwinkle? that trick never works!"

Something clever here.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
it did sell dave and he's having an auction up there!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
does that mean someone will finally keep that ice road open and reasonably maintained?

lol.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
all of his equipment is up for auction so that didnt go with the sale of the land. maybe someone will work it out. i am sure its not arnesons either from what i have heard.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I hope somebody keeps that road open.

Be interesting to see what happens.

Ive caught a lot of eyes going thru Babler's.

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
greetings, sir ducks of none.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds like the road will be there but I haven't confirmed that yet. It's a tough one to maintain sooo....

<<<<<<<See that?

I'd just as soon have a spot to park and off-road from there. Relieve some of the fishing pressure from the area but then again I'm a selfish SOB.

I know the couple that purchased it.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Greetings ND.. White Bear you think theyll make it a resort?

I'm sure the land went for a lot of money. I would be surprise if the new owners sat on it.But who knows wild speculations from a 952er..

I do i agree it would be nice to relive the pressure there. Then i could quit going to the angle and hit my old hot spots LOL. Now the Angle is getting busier.. I'll have to start fishing in Kenora pretty soon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a boat today by accident. if I don't post again by next tuesday, then tell them to dig in the garden, thats the likely place mama would bury me.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
^^^^ That stuff just happens by accident Ryan^^^^

Just wait until you graduate into equipment that the bank thinks the same thing as you're wife!!! smile

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
She'll get I er it as soon as you buy something bigger to make her forget about that boat!

I did that with my wheeler. "Who's is that?!" It's ours hunnie! "Oh!"

I did get to keep it on the divorce tho, so I have that working for me...which is nice.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
its easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission.
and, its a good time of year to buy boats.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

forky toe fever.its here. crazy

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fluffy
its easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission.
and, its a good time of year to buy boats.

prezactly, plus the guy I bought it from did say he would vouch for me that the baby girl of the family (sylvia), did say she wanted me to buy the boat. so that makes it an obligation in my opinion, and I would be negating my parental rights. least thats what i told mama!

actually I got a 13' boat with trailer (free title to both), 4 and 9.8 hp outboards, 47 lb electric, deep cycle battery, anchor, garbage bag full of lifejackets, 2 boat seats and manual all for two fiddy. I think mama will understand. I already verified both motors are in working order and run. I think I may make out ok on this deal.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ryan,

@ two-fiddy, you didn't buy it, you stole it !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Pictures.We need pictures!

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Good morning all~

I haven't checked in for awhile but thought I'd update on my dad. Thank you all for the encouraging words, thoughts and prayers.

Although I'm not much of a writer, let me paint a small picture of the man I call my dad. He's 75 yrs old now. He has always been tall to me standing at 6 feet or a little over while I'm only 5 ft 4 inches. He was an MP in the Army with a German Shepard dog as a partner. He bought a farm when I was just a baby and has lived there my whole life. While growing up, dad worked as a heavy equipment operator digging most of the houses and businesses in the area. He also has farmed many acres. We always had many head of cattle, horses, chickens, ducks, dogs, cats, you name it. When dad wasn't working, we had chores or were out in the hay fields or fixing fences because the cattle got out. Some years back dad decided to sell the cattle because it was getting too hard.

Dad is strong, determined, hard working, kind, giving, level headed but yet hot headed at times. He will give you a swift kick in the butt when you need it, and he give you encouraging words when those need to be heard too. He's given me the blessing of growing up out in the country and the experiences of raising animals. He has taught me to deer hunt (it's slugs where we hunt and a very short season), shoot a gun, ride a horse, drive a pickup and tractor. Dad was watching from close by when I shot my 8 point buck the season of my senior year in high school, talking me through the whole thing little did I know. He was right there after I shot two shots, to help and give me that pat on the back.

Yesterday was the appointment with the oncologist. In this little room for 2 - 2 1/2 hrs were my dad, step mom, brother, myself and my half sister. We looked over test results of the PET and CT scans. The cancer is in his right lung with two spots that measure about an inch each. Along with the spots, the cancer is in the fluid outside of the lung that surrounds the lung between the lung and the chest cavity. It is also in the lymph node that is above the heart. Because of the cancer being in the fluid, there is too much area to treat with radiation. Surgery is not an option either. The oncologist explained unfortunately there is no cure but now treatment and decisions to make on quality of life for the next 12-14 months with treatment.

Dave and Miss Taylor made the drive with me and I'm so thankful for that. The boys were at home going to school, working and holding down the home front.

In the next two weeks, further tests will be run on the initial 1.6 liters of fluid that was removed from dad's lung two weeks ago. They are testing to see if dad is a candidate of 15% that can take chemo pills at home instead of the traditional chemo treatments at the cancer center once every three weeks.

Dad is optimistic about treatment and says "we gotta do it". So begins this part of life, my hopes and prayers for dad, his doctors, the right treatment path, and more time with my dad. Doctor appointments and the 370+ round trip drives I will make to be at appointments and treatment. Right now, I'm numb. I'm trying to be optimistic. I'm thinking of all the times I should've gone home to visit, thinking about the future and all the things I'd like to show dad...most importantly Camp Chickenbuck.

So that's yesterday in a nutshell. Chill is in the air now and it feels like fall is moving in on us. We all will be hunting soon. Have a good day everyone.

"I'm not crying!!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't imagine there's a single one of us who haven't been somehow affected by the scourge that is cancer. I watched my mother rot away for 3 years before she mercifully was called home. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you go through this journey. I wish there was a book on how to deal with this and what to expect, but every case is different and unique. You are blessed to have a dad who has been so loving, and such a good mentor. He set you up for success, and that's all us fathers can hope to do. Trust in God and rally around your friends and family.

Thinking of you and all those hit by this terrible disease

Jeff

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hi Pam,

Thanks for updating us all.

To expand of Jeff's great follow up post, strength, by all involved is the key. I know you've got it in spades, & from your post, I also know where you got it from.

Hold all you love dearly tight, as life is a blessing, not a right.

Prayers for you & yours, moving forward, through this tough period. Please make sure you get your Dad to ChickenBuck this fall. It will be good for him to see the legacy you, his daughter & your "man protector" have created for your family & close friends.

I completely understand where you are at. Went through it with Deb & her Dad, this year, complicated by half a world of distance. Eventually, we lost him to vascular dementia. He is now looking down on us from Heaven. Comfortable & pain free, for the first time, in as long as we can remember. Deb is heading back to Australia, 2nd trip in 3 months, for the month of October & will be back, for an "opening" afternoon sit, to "get" her Dad a nice deer !!

Wishing you & yours, all the very best.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You know we are here for you Pam. All you have to do is ask and I'm for whatever you guys need.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 1,519 of 1,842 1 2 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

427 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 1moredeer, 160user, 06hunter59, 257wthbylover, 58 invisible), 2,631 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,816
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.