Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
what Carson learned is if he has any shot at president as a conservative he better not express any opinion in regards to limiting guns

and he won't make that mistake again

the question is do you trust him to stay that way once he has the power of the presidency behind him

At least as much so as Trump on the same subject.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
what Carson learned is if he has any shot at president as a conservative he better not express any opinion in regards to limiting guns

the question is do you trust him to stay that way once he has the power of the presidency behind him

no argument - I suspect both of their hardened positions on 2A are not because of their personal beliefs but because of the political leverage.

but that goes in line with the OP's original assertion

and in that regard, I don't trust Carson

Last edited by KFWA; 09/17/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You are not helping your case very much. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

no argument - I suspect both of their hardened positions on 2A are not because of their personal beliefs but because of the political leverage.

but that goes in line with the OP's original assertion

Actually, it does not. The OPs original assertion was that Carson wanted to ban semi-autos in cities or similar gun-grabbing, anti-2A stances. That was not and is not Carson's position. The statement he made, and has since clarified in every Q&A afterward, was that he would rather someone in a city not have such a weapon, but that is not a ban or a prohibition. It was a statement of preference; not an objection to a right.

I'd rather people not smoke in public restaurants, but I don't want that banned. I'd rather hate-mongers not spew their schit, but I don't want the 1A restricted. I'd rather lots of things, but don't support the infringement upon rights to do so.

That's the difference; someone having a position of "rather" is not the same as "thou shalt not". The OP equated the two equally.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton

You are not helping your case very much. miles

Considering I've yet to hear the OP call Trump out on his 2A statements, there was a reason for me stating it exactly as I did.

Carson is far stronger on the 2A than Trump in statements and positions. Of that, there is no doubt. Yet, the OP takes the words of Carson and tries to twist them into something they are not, leaving out any and all other statements by Carson on the 2A.

Disingenuous, at best.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bea175
I sure don't want him in the Oval Office. I don't trust him on gun control and illegals.

4ager, if you feel that way about Carson, then you damn sure don't want any part of Jeb Bush. Trust me on that one. We've gotten a full on look at ole Jeb and his B.S. down here for a good while now. He is simply not to be trusted on either of those initiatives.

From the looks of that breitbart article, it looks like Carson has rethought how he verbally articulates his thoughts on 2A. Who knows how he really feels. I like the guy, but don't want any part of anyone going against 2A or anyone weak on securing the border.

Jeb is double trouble there.

Last edited by local_dirt; 09/17/15.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We don't have a perfect candidate.

As it looks right now, we're going to be left with these five:

Trump
Carson
Fiorina
Bush
Rubio

Cruz isn't going to make the cut; he just doesn't connect to the electorate.

Of those five, NONE of them are dead solid on the 2A, but ALL of them are FAR AND AWAY better than Hitlery/Sanders/Biden/O'Malley.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I watched the debate some late last night.

I thought Ben spoke well.
Thought Rubio made a putz of himself with his generalizations about "America".
Carly spoke well and obviously has no love lost for Hillary. (Good girl, Carly). I thought she looked pretty hot in the blue dress, too.
Bush? Can't look at him very long without the word "liar" coming to mind.
I thought Trump did pretty well defending himself against the last attack of "Who's on first" with the Arabs and talked about a "team" of experts. I wish he'd keep his facial expressions down, though, when other people are speaking.

Cruz and Paul were insignificant. Walker was babbling. Kasich is a smart guy, but doesn't have enough clout to get elected.

Last edited by local_dirt; 09/17/15.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm getting annoyed with Trump. He needs to show me that he does understand the problems and the players on the world stage. He also needs to start articulating a plan for dealing with such, beyond "I'll have the best team you ever saw".
To keep from annoying me further, he needs to stop telling me what his polling numbers are. I don't care. I'm done with sizzle, it's time for steak.

Of course, nobody asked me what I think and how Trump could stop annoying me.

Please mister Trump. If you are listening, just trash Jeb on your way to whereever you end up!

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I sure don't want him in the Oval Office. I don't trust him on gun control and illegals.

And you trust Trump? Bush? Marko? Your choices are limited. Each of the canidates have paid lip service to the NRA but do you trust them?

IC B3

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Bush
Originally Posted by northwestalaska

And you trust Trump? Bush? Marko? Your choices are limited. Each of the canidates have paid lip service to the NRA but do you trust them?

Bush is a pretty strong gun guy
Pro-reciprocity for concealed carry
Signed a stand your ground bill

But was for background checks at gun shows

Compared to Trump he is pretty good on guns.

Rick Perry is gone. He was best on guns. I don't see anyone BETTER on guns. I see a lot WORSE on the dem sidelines

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I am absolutely certain that Ben Carson would be a great president - I would bet my life on it.

Terry

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
So just why does Trump have all the answers right now. Remember that creep Kerry saying "I have a plan, I have a plan" over and over. I am willing to bet that Trump would walk into the White House with the best talent available. The guy knows people. He knows how to get chit done.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
So just why does Trump have all the answers right now. Remember that creep Kerry saying "I have a plan, I have a plan" over and over. I am willing to bet that Trump would walk into the White House with the best talent available. The guy knows people. He knows how to get chit done.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Oops

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We don't have a perfect candidate.

As it looks right now, we're going to be left with these five:

Trump
Carson
Fiorina
Bush
Rubio

Cruz isn't going to make the cut; he just doesn't connect to the electorate.

Of those five, NONE of them are dead solid on the 2A, but ALL of them are FAR AND AWAY better than Hitlery/Sanders/Biden/O'Malley.

we could do worse than any one of those five. i also like Cruz more all the time, now i've heard of him. i would put bush and rubio at the bottom of the list. you're right on there.

but if Uncle Joe enters the race, word on the street is he's going to issue everybody a shotgun. wink

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by srwshooter
all i did was post what he said

some on here just can't understand facts.

What you posted was an old quote. Similar to Donnie Trump saying that a 72 hour waiting period for gun purchases and an assault weapon ban would be perfectly fine - which he said in 2008.

Both candidates have now changed their stance and are trying to fool people to think they never meant what they originally said.

And there's a lot of fools out there.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While I consider the 2A a very important issue, it is from the ultimate litmus test for me.

I'm afraid if we voting in the same old same old that have "a strong second amendment stance" that we will end up with a country no longer worth fighting for.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
While I consider the 2A a very important issue, it is from the ultimate litmus test for me.

I'm afraid if we voting in the same old same old that have "a strong second amendment stance" that we will end up with a country no longer worth fighting for.

so true. we are verging on that very point with the immigration mess that is surrounding us. we've got 'publicans actively soliciting voters from predominantly illegal alien neighborhoods. this can't be good for America.

frankly, i see bush and rubio as members of the status quo. the change agents are predominantly Cruz, Trump, Fiorina & Carson.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I consider the type of Supreme Court judge that a candidate would nominate to be far more important than the candidate's current or previous stances on the Second Amendment.

Another Scalia or Thomas is what we need.

Another Kennedy might do us in.

I think we'd be lucky to get a Kennedy with Trump. Heck, Trump likes the Clintons so much he might just nominate Hillary. But I think we'd get another Scalia or Thomas from Carson or Fiorina or Walker or Cruz.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,323 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,703
Posts18,494,295
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.