Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Accubond issue if you would call it that. I went to the range yesterday to do a little shooting and at the last minute before I left the house I decided this year I would use the 25-06 for deer season. Well I get to the range and get all set, and fire the first round of Winchester Accubond at 100 yards. I looked through the scope nothing on paper??? So I fire a Federal Barnes TSX I have been using in the past. Perfect dead center shot. So I take it to the range office and have it bore sighted just in case and they say nothing seems to be wrong and everything is tight. So I go back out and fire another Accubond, nothing. So by now I am freaked out, nothing on paper and the Barnes hit perfect. So I aim at the bottom of the paper and fire an Accubond again. Finally paper but real high and left and this is holding at the bottom of the paper. So after a few 3 round adjustments the Accubonds where all hitting sub inch at 100 yards dead center. Any idea why there is such a difference in the ammo and where it is hitting? The Barnes TSX are 100 gr. And the Accubonds are 110 gr. So I expected some difference but not that much?

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The first thing that comes to mind is a tuning fork. Think of your barrel vibrating as the bullet leaves the muzzle.
Different weight bullets are going to change the frequency and intensity of the vibrations of the barrel. This will (sadly)
influence where they hit on paper. Just one reason why bullets do not all hit in the same spot.
If it makes you feel better I have a 30-06 that is famous for that. It shoots great, but you need to pick a bullet and then don't change weights unless you have time to resight it!
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't shoot factory stuff much but when I do there is normally a big difference in point of impact between handloads and the factory stuff so I can see this happening.
Dave

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 160user, 10gaugemag, 21, 72 invisible), 2,349 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,536
Posts18,491,357
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.