Print Thread
Hop To
A
Axtell Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Any one using H4895 with 250gr bullets? What were the results?

HR IC

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
After several powders with 250, 270 and 285's my rifle (CZ 550) liked Re 15 the best - not the fastest, but consistently the most accurate. Terry

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
[Linked Image]

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
The 9.3x62 is amazing, no doubt.

Mine, an AHR CZ, shoots most everything pretty well and a few select loads, superb.

JB's loads posted above are a good place to start (or end)... smile

Hard not to like that round.

DF

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ramshot Big Game has been the most accurate powder for 286 grain Nosler Partitions. Mine is a CZ 550 American Kevlar. Although my accuracy is not quite as good as Steve4102 results as shown above. In my case it is the person pulling the trigger.

Last edited by Biggs300; 09/25/15.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Biggs300
Ramshot Big Game has been the most accurate powder for 286 grain Nosler Partitions. Mine is a CZ 550 American Kevlar. Although my accuracy is not quite as good as Steve4102 results as shown above. In my case it is the person pulling the trigger.

That and how it's glass bedded has a lot to do with it too. The one I recently sold to Valsdad is more accurate than steves rifle...3 shot groups were a total waste of time...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

That and how it's glass bedded has a lot to do with it too. The one I recently sold to Valsdad is more accurate than steves rifle...3 shot groups were a total waste of time...

How bout 10, with a 4.5 power scope.

[Linked Image]

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Why you being a grumpy guss?? I shoot 3 shot groups most of the time if I'm chucking lead after 5 shots at an animal then I probably need to hang up hunting and take up something else.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by steve4102

How bout 10, with a 4.5 power scope.

[Linked Image]

That's what I love about the 9.3x62mm. Excellent 10 shot group. What does it measure out C to C? Typical 1" grid there? Nice way to center punch the target too. Guys need to take note of that kind of shooting.. I have ran a few different weights of bullets, generally from 270 to 286gr. in the 9.3x62mm and decided to settle on the 286gr. partition. It just made the most sense at the time. Looks like your rifle loves them too....My powder of choice is RL 15.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

Why you being a grumpy guss?? I shoot 3 shot groups most of the time if I'm chucking lead after 5 shots at an animal then I probably need to hang up hunting and take up something else.

We're not talking shooting animals. Groups are for paper targets. When I'm shooting centerfire matches, we shoot 10 shot groups. Like I said earlier, it was a total waste of time shooting 3 shots on paper with my CZ 550 American. It was just 1 hole. If we are talking targets of opportunity, 1 shot is all that's needed to make a kill... wink Paper and flesh are 2 different things my friend... When you get back to the states, you'll find out what a good shooting 06 is too... wink

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

We're not talking shooting animals. Groups are for paper targets. When I'm shooting centerfire matches, we shoot 10 shot groups. Like I said earlier, it was a total waste of time shooting 3 shots on paper with my CZ 550 American. It was just 1 hole. If we are talking targets of opportunity, 1 shot is all that's needed to make a kill... wink Paper and flesh are 2 different things my friend... When you get back to the states, you'll find out what a good shooting 06 is too... wink

I look forward to getting that 06 as well.. And stop being grumpy guss... Like I said very rarely will I shoot 5 shot groups

Last edited by 79S; 09/26/15.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (219 Wasp, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 21, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,634 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,384
Posts18,527,611
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.