Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
DMB Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
The current conversation on Gunwriters brings up a question. What publications do you folks write for?
I know I'll subscribe to those pubs 'cause that's your source of income. I appreciate everything you guys contribute here, and there's no way for me to say thank you with money, other than subscribing to the pubs you write for.
I do know that Bryce Towsley writes for Gun Digest, formerly Gun List, but I don't know what other pubs he writes for. Same for you other gentlemen.

Thanks,

Don

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
To date, Handguns Magazine. Hopefully a few others soon.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I write for RIFLE, HANDLOADER, and SUCCESSFUL HUNTER.

John Barsness

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We freelancers write for anybody who will produce a slip that says "Pay to the Order of..."

I've written for American Rifleman, Guns, Varmint Hunter, American Handgunner, Gun Digest, Handloaders' Digest, and a bunch more, even Bass.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

D
DMB Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Thank you guys.. This is very important to me, to support all of you.

Don

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

IC B2

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I were King, I'd have a banner page dedicated specifically to the gun magazines you gents write for - little free advertising in partial payment for the crap you have to put up with sometimes.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
D
DMB Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
If I were King, I'd have a banner page dedicated specifically to the gun magazines you gents write for - little free advertising in partial payment for the crap you have to put up with sometimes.

A BIG Plus 1...

Don

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm pretty much out of it now. "Over the hill." Never get invited on sponsored outings any more and rarely to new-product announcements.

I write occasionally for Varmint Hunter Magazine but not often enough to warrant subscriptions just to see my stuff. I've also written for Precision Shooting but not on any kind of a regular basis. Don't have anything in sight right now for that good magazine.

Mainly, I'm working on several books and a bunch of stuff for our own Campfire magazine, Smokelore.

When I can give a younger writer a boost somehow, I'm in Hawg Heaven.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

D
DMB Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
I'm pretty much out of it now. "Over the hill." Never get invited on sponsored outings any more and rarely to new-product announcements.

I write occasionally for Varmint Hunter Magazine but not often enough to warrant subscriptions just to see my stuff. I've also written for Precision Shooting but not on any kind of a regular basis. Don't have anything in sight right now for that good magazine.

Mainly, I'm working on several books and a bunch of stuff for our own Campfire magazine, Smokelore.

When I can give a younger writer a boost somehow, I'm in Hawg Heaven.

Ken,

Thank you.
I subscribe to both Varmint Hunter and Precision Shooting pubs now.

Don

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ken,

Maybe this has been hashed out in the past, but I'd sure like to see a book section in the Campfire Gear Shop. Between your works, JB's, Rocky's, and all the other writers, the Campfire could have quite a book shop.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hello,

Mainly, I write for American Handgunner and Guns Magazine. I�ve also written for a few of the Primedia publications and some one off publications from several publishers. I have a couple of magazine article assignments I�m working on right now, but for the most part, my writing time is consumed with a book I�m working on.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a cloumn in Successful Hunter and submit pieces to both Rifle and Handloader as my hunting schedule allows. I also do reviews of equipment for The Alaska Professional Hunter magazine.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Don, All:

Like Rocky, I write for most anyone that can still sign a check, and a few that can't. These days, I mostly write for Gun Digest, GUNS, RifleShooter, and Safari Magazine. At the moment, I'm working on a piece for the Dakota Magazine, two for Safari, one for GUNS, and a couple books. Speaking of which, I'd best get back to it.

Tom Turpin

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
DMB,

My stuff appears exclusively in Premedia's publications - Guns & Ammo, Handguns and occasionally Rifle Shooter. Thanks for your support.

Bart

S
SDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have columns in Shooting Sportsman (Fine Gunmaking) and, beginning in January, Sports Afield (Custom Hunting Rifles).

SDH

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Shooting Times, Petersen's Hunting, American Hunter, North American Hunter, Sports Afield, and several other gun and hunting publications.

Greg Rodriguez
Global Adventure Outfitters, Inc.
www.mbogo.net
(281) 494-4151
D
DMB Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Appreciate the input gentlemen.
I'm keping track of the pubs you write for and will subscribe to all of them.
I called in suscriptions this noon for 4 magazines based on your responses, plus three for each of my sons, for a total of 10.

Don

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Alas, I'm a wretched outcast from the magazine community. I write books. My readers are LE, forensics labs and users of military/LE rifles and ammunition like the 303 British/7.62x51/others. I am presently working under contract for the CDN government to earn pocket money.

I've only been "mentioned in dispatches" in the US - mostly trade mags- so few people know me and that's just fine with me!

I hate deadlines. I gave them up when I left the military. I'm not a fan of too many cartridges designed after 1955. I believe that magnums are talked about far too much, but that is pretty much a North American phenomenon. I also wish that the world could live in peace and harmony, but then I'd be out of a job.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don that's a good topic. Thank you.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
mec Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I beleive Towsley is a headliner with the American Rifleman. very good stuff.

Kevin Gibson is an excellent reviewer. there is no room for complaint about the objectivity of his articles or his firm grounding in handgun development

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

461 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 39 invisible), 2,313 guests, and 1,087 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,723
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.