Campfire Kahuna
haters gonna hate. laugh

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by KFWA
I'm living a nightmare with Auburn, but nobody is on suicide watch and the crowd is not gathering to get Gus. Team is very young, not many Seniors and the QB in waiting flopped. Nobody saw that coming, he looked like a star in the making. Better things to come, just not in '15.

Kentucky is waiting......

Normally, I would not be concerned unless it was basketball season. This year......could get ugly. Enjoy it while you can!!!!

It got worse for Auburn - Duke Williams was kicked off the team today.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Urban Meyer came from Utah, which ran a Big 12'esque spread offense, ala Patterson/Briles, so yeah those two coaches could win an SEC championship with Georgia players/athletic budget. I like Richt and think he is a very good thing for those kids who are fortunate enough to play under his moral character.

. . . UGA only has to look at wat UT has gone through since they fired Phil Fulmer. Life can get a lot worse for a long time.

A big difference is Richt is not a cheater.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Never knew Fulmer was forced out for any misdeed other than going 7-4.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Fans are so impatient these days. I'm not thrilled with this idea that is your team doesn't make the final 4, then the year was a failure. That is in part driven by ESPN and Sports Talk radio. They will anoint the Final Four in Sept and change their minds every week. Fans want perennial bragging rights and feel let down with one loss.

Call me a relic of a bygone era, but there was a day when their was value and pride in winning your Conference Championship. That was a goal. March Madness destroyed any value that an ACC, Big Ten, SEC , etc., basketball title had. It is a throw away honor. All the matters in where your team is seeding in the "Big Dance".

Football is now getting to be the same. Alabama and Lsu met for the BSC. LSU won the SEC West, and Alabama didn't, yet Bama got to play and win the whole thing. How can you be the best team in the country when you are not the best team in your conference?

I say first of all, only Conference champions are eligible. Don't win your Conference, then don't come around.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Winning the SEC is the grail to me. Of course the SEC Championship game IS the National Championship game.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
One usually goes with the other.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Winning the SEC is the grail to me. Of course the SEC Championship game IS the National Championship game.

Really? shocked
Remind us how the SEC did during bowl season last year...

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

Really? shocked

+1 laugh

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Really? shocked

Hell, if all Kentucky had to do was play Big 10 teams they'd be in the top 25.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Really? shocked

Sure, the #3 Big Ten team beats the 8th best team in the SEC in overtime, and the SEC somehow is a failure? Give me a break!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Alabama and Lsu met for the BSC. LSU won the SEC West, and Alabama didn't, yet Bama got to play and win the whole thing. How can you be the best team in the country when you are not the best team in your conference?

I say first of all, only Conference champions are eligible. Don't win your Conference, then don't come around.

Alabama wasn't the best team in the country when they went to the BSC that year. They were however easily the second best team, which is why they went.

I understand where you're coming from with the conference championship thing, but as it stands now the entire system is set up to NOT penalize good teams that happen to have an even better team in their conference. All conferences are not created equal.

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I want Conference Championships to once again have value and be a meaningful badge of honor. Today, ESPN et. al. make everything all about number one, which means everybody else is a failure.

Send me 8 Conference Champions. So what if the 2nd best team isn' there IF they didn't win their Conference? They didn't earn the right to play for all the marbles. They were anointed by pollsters or a committee.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If Tennessee lucks up and beats Georgia there will be hell to pay in Athens.

Mark Richt is a class act and great coach. Georgia always seems to be a bridesmaid and never a bride when playing for the SEC Championship.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Urban Meyer came from Utah, which ran a Big 12'esque spread offense, ala Patterson/Briles, so yeah those two coaches could win an SEC championship with Georgia players/athletic budget. I like Richt and think he is a very good thing for those kids who are fortunate enough to play under his moral character.

There's only one problem with this observation. Urban's a little busy winning National Championships at that crappy, hated school in Ohio. Oh yeah-did I mention they are a member of the Big 10 Conference everyone loves to hate so much?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been a die hard Georgia fan for over 50yrs..I remember watching when the Dawgs beat Joe Namath and the Tide with the Flea Flicker play back in the 60's... but I believe this game against Alabama is the worst I've ever seen a Georgia team play.

I like Richt, but this may be it for him. There's a lot of Dawg Fans that are tired of being let down. The sports media won't even half way cover Ga. anymore knowing they are going to choke on the big games.

Richt may have one last chance to redeem himself and that's the SEC Championship. I think Bamba will be there.

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That's great, but who follows Richt? UGA people think that ANY coach is DYING to come to Athens. Many believed Kirby Smart would leave Bama to be the DC at UGA. Do they smoke that much dope in Clark County?

I know some who actually say that Saban is getting sick and tired of the entitled Bama fans (maybe so) and will jump to UGA because he has a house at Lake Burton in NE Georgia. That is an absurd overinflated opinion of what they have to offer.

Gary Patterson isn't coming and neither is Art Brilles. IF they go anywhere it will be to Texas.

UGA fans - can you remember what happened to Bama after Gene Stallings was forced out??? Mike, Mike, and Mike -DuBois, Price and Shula and 10 years of mediocrity. You UGA fans want 10 years of 6-6, 4- 8, 7-5, 6-6, 3-9?

You can maybe have Derek Dooley. He's available and has a good name. Richt would probably end up back at Miami and win it all.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,149 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,031
Posts18,481,886
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.