Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Forest
Well fellas, it looks as though I'll be giving the Tikka T3 a go. Headed for Sportsman Warehouse this morning.

I'm the type that usually will buy a rifle at least once a year whether I need it or not. A few rifles have been mentioned here that I'd certainly want to give a try in the future however due to time restraint I'm opting to give the Tikka T3 a go at this time. I can pick it up today mount the scope and work up a quick load for it and I'll be set.

Should be a great package for packing into the mountains. I thank all you fellas for your input.

Great bunch of fellas here at the campfire. smile

Forest

From my understanding you can benefit from this on your purchase of the rifle.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10334334/Tikka_$150_gear_promo#Post10334334

Last edited by bcraig; 10/12/15.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

HR IC

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good timing.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Well fellas, it looks as though I'll be giving the Tikka T3 a go. Headed for Sportsman Warehouse this morning.

I'm the type that usually will buy a rifle at least once a year whether I need it or not. A few rifles have been mentioned here that I'd certainly want to give a try in the future however due to time restraint I'm opting to give the Tikka T3 a go at this time. I can pick it up today mount the scope and work up a quick load for it and I'll be set.

Should be a great package for packing into the mountains. I thank all you fellas for your input.

Forest

If it's not too late, try to find a Field and Stream locally. Mine had the standard T3 in SS for $150 off (not sure when the sale ended though), and then you get the $150 in Beretta gear on top.

chris

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
$1000 to spend for a rifle and scope. How should i spend it? THANKS

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=513851811

$500 plus 30 or so for shipping and $30 for a tranfer fee.

Leaves $460 for rings and scope. Should be doable.......

Find one pre-ejoyed here on the fire.

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Starting bid of $500.00 doesn,t mean it can be bought for $500.00

Heavier than the Tikka and probably not as accurate.

20 Inch Barrel ,firebreathing loud Monster ! LOL

Rather have the Tikka !!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by bcraig
Starting bid of $500.00 doesn,t mean it can be bought for $500.00

Heavier than the Tikka and probably not as accurate.

20 Inch Barrel ,firebreathing loud Monster ! LOL

Rather have the Tikka !!

No problem, just responding in regards to "mountain rifle" and $1,000 budget.

[Linked Image]
top to bottom,
Steyr Pro, 7 mag with 3-12 Meopta Artemis $1,010 all in.
Steyr Mountain, $565 (NIB, rifle only)
Stery Pro, 376 Steyr,(NIB, rifle only) $810 all in.

Opinions vary!

Started to buy the one listed above last go round.

However, this one in 270 Win. is sweet enough.........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The Auction previously ended with no bids so, yes it could have been bought for $500.

My 308 mountain I'm all in at $565.........

[Linked Image]

and it shoots MOH (minute of hoglet)

In fact all five of my Steyrs shoot sub-MOA with my handloads.

[Linked Image]

But what the hey, if you like Tikka's no problem here. Just leaves more Steyr's for me. LOL

JAPPFT,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 10/12/15.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Gee, as always, nice rifles and dead creatures..

Molon Labe
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Gee, as always, nice rifles and dead creatures..

10/4 on that,

and as far as it goes,

20" barrels.......

[Linked Image]

don't particularly cause much consternation,

[Linked Image]

as usually my' blood's up and I'm behind the muzzle.

Just sayin'

JAPPFT,

GWB

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I like the looks of the full length stock version.

I think The synthetic versions weigh about 7 pounds for the Mountain rifle and 7 and a half pounds for the Pro Hunter.Does that sound about right ?

Not really light weight Mountain rifle weights to me but hey to each their own !

The Tikka will do that scoped and loaded !

Cant argue with the success you have had on game and group size thats for sure !

They obviously work for you !

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Forest

So what did you end up getting ?
Lite or Super Lite ?
What caliber ?

F
Forest Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F

Forest

Lite or Super Lite ?
What caliber ?

Bcraig,

I was wanting the 7mm/08 however when I got to Sportsman Warehouse they had no 7mm/08s in stock.

After learning all T3 actions are the same length I found no reason not to go ahead and use a long action round and so purchased a 270.....Uggg! grin

I went with the lite rather than the superlite as the superlite was a fair change more and realistically I couldn't feel much difference in weight.

Fred Meyer had the Leupold VX2 3-9x40 on sale for $279 so I mounted the scope this morning. I also purchased a limb saver pad that was a direct fit.

I also apon investigating Campfire posts opted to replace the scope ring screws with new higher quality screws however used the factory rings.

All in Came to $880 and I believe it should make for a Dependable lite hunting package. I like the feel of this rifle. It shoulders nicely and I was somewhat surprised at how smooth the action is.

Next up, see how it shoots. grin

Forest

Last edited by Forest; 10/13/15.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Forest

Lite or Super Lite ?
What caliber ?

Bcraig,

I was wanting the 7mm/08 however when I got to Sportsman Warehouse they had no 7mm/08s in stock.

After learning all T3 actions are the same length I found no reason not to go ahead and use a long action round and so purchased a 270.....Uggg! grin

I went with the lite rather than the superlite as the superlite was a fair change more and realistically I couldn't feel much difference in weight.

Fred Meyer had the Leupold VX2 3-9x40 on sale for $279 so I mounted the scope this morning. I also purchased a limb saver pad that was a direct fit.

I also apon investigating Campfire posts opted to replace the scope ring screws with new higher quality screws however used the factory rings.

All in Came to $880 and I believe it should make for a Dependable lite hunting package. I like the feel of this rifle. It shoulders nicely and I was somewhat surprised at how smooth the action is.

Next up, see how it shoots. grin

Forest

Great!
Did you see my prior post about getting free items from Tikka ?
You could always get some extra Mags etc for free !!

Tried the trigger yet? Sweet huh?

Last edited by bcraig; 10/13/15.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rem 700 MR

Another Rem 700 MR

Either of these Rem 700 MR's for less than $700..........drop it in a synthetic stock when you can afford it & you'll have a very good rifle at around 7-7 1/4 lb. depending on your choice of scope & mounts.

MM

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Remington 788 - .308 - mine is old, wood looks a tad shabby - but it shoots, weighs a little more than a can-o-spam - and has never failed to put venison on the table. Best of all I bought it at a gun show for the money I had in my pocket - not much.

Terry

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any of the game shown, so far, could have been taken with a short, lightweight .30-30.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,187
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.