Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
They decided to call themselves "Palestinian"after the six day war.Arafat was Egyptian before the six day war ect.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jdm953
They decided to call themselves "Palestinian"after the six day war.
Under the Ottoman Empire, the people of Palestine were referred to as Palestinians. That region has been referred to as Palestine (or some close variation of same) going back to ancient times, BC. You're under the influence of Zionist propaganda.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Unsupported by facts?
Yes. For example, the common language of the Ashkenazi is Yiddish, which is a cross between German and Hebrew, having no derivation from, or connection to, the languages of the region of the former Khazar nation.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Ancient times.I dont consider the Roman Empire ancient.They named it Palestine.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
They decided to call themselves "Palestinian"after the six day war.
Under the Ottoman Empire, the people of Palestine were referred to as Palestinians. That region has been referred to as Palestine (or some close variation of same) going back to ancient times, BC. You're under the influence of Zionist propaganda.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The Romans called it Palestine because that was the Latinized version of the ancient name for the region.

Aristotle wrote in 340 BC about the Dead Sea, describing it as "a lake in Palestine." In the Fifth Century BC (i.e., earlier still), Herodotus, the Greek historian, wrote of "a district of Syria called Palestine," describing it as spanning between Phoenicia and Egypt.

Ancient enough now? If not, there have been recorded references to the same region, with slightly varied forms of the name, as far back as 1100 BC.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
BS.Romans were pissed about the Jewish revolt that ended at Massada.They named it after an ancient enemy of the Jews that were defeated under David.The Philistines were long gone by the time of the Romans.
The Romans called it Palestine because that was the Latinized version of the ancient name for the region.

Aristotle wrote in 340 BC about the Dead Sea, describing it as "a lake in Palestine." In the Fifth Century BC (i.e., earlier still), Herodotus, the Greek historian, wrote of "a district of Syria called Palestine," describing it as spanning between Phoenicia and Egypt.

Ancient enough now? If not, there have been recorded references to the same region, with slightly varied forms of the name, as far back as 1100 BC.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
BS.Romans were pissed about the Jewish revolt that ended at Massada.They named it after an ancient enemy of the Jews that were defeated under David.The Philistines were long gone by the time of the Romans.

Before, you said my reference wasn't ancient enough. Are you now complaining that my references are excessively ancient? How can I win under these rules?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye #9053788 - 07/26/14 06:26 PM
I believe I've been clear on my position vis-a-vis Israel. It's a terrorist/apartheid state, an abomination to the Lord, and has been a curse to the world since its inception (which should have been no surprise to anyone who's read the New Testament). It should never have been permitted to be founded, and now that it's founded, it should disappear as a political entity, but it won't. It will continue to be a curse to the world till the Lord comes to set all things aright.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Philistines were an island people that got a foothold in what is now Gaza.Established a capitol city called Philistia.Goliath was a Philistine.They originated in Europe.Palestine is Latin for Philistine.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Philistines were an island people that got a foothold in what is now Gaza.Established a capitol city called Philistia.Goliath was a Philistine.They originated in Europe.Palestine is Latin for Philistine.
Read a serious discussion of this topic. It was called Palestine, or a variation of same, from ancient times till the present.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Check out "People of the Sea".This is what the Egyptians called them.Egypt could not defeat them either.At any rate they were long gone by the time of the Roman Empire.Changing the name of Israel to Palestine was an insult.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
a rabbi well versed in old testament history i have spoken with indicates the Philistines were at the least allied with the Greeks in southern europe. he indicated they received their weaponry from the Greeks, and it was superior to that avaailable to the Hebrews at the time. he implies but not state that the Philistines were an off-shoot of the Greek EMpire.

he used that to explain why the Hebrews had to wander through the desert for so long. the path to the Holy Land would have been much easier traveling up the coast, but the Philistines would attack them and drive them back into the desert.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
This has been an interesting discussion to follow, both sides (the Jew haters and the sycophants) have made my morning a little more thoughtful.

But the crux of the matter is that the Jews hold Israel because they can.

Ps, I was wondering why "philistine" was such a miserable thing to call someone...heck I wouldn't want to be called a foul underhanded miserable quasi sand jockey either.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The philistines disappeared from history 3300 years ago.Then Arafat claimed to be one.Insane.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The philistines disappeared from history 3300 years ago.
You're a victim of brainwashing if by that you mean to imply there are no Palestinians. It's a point of Zionist propaganda that there are no Palestinians. It's on par with the Communist Chinese claim that there is no Tibet or Tibetan people. In both cases, it's a justification for dispossession.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
He was, if Philistine means "corrupt, opportunistic ass and terrorist"

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
They live across the street from the Hittites,down the street from the Phoenicians.Those Palestinians are just more Arabs.

Last edited by jdm953; 10/18/15.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The Palestinians NEVER Owned Any Land. If we are so sure that “Palestine, the country, goes back through most of recorded history”, I expect us to be able to answer a few basic questions about that country of "Palestine":

1. When was it founded and by whom?
2. What were its borders?
3. What was its capital?
4. What were its major cities?
5. What constituted the basis of its economy?
6. What was its form of government?
7. Can you name at least one Palestinian leader before Arafat?
8. Was Palestine ever recognized by a country whose existence, at that time or now, leaves no room for interpretation?
9. What was the language of the country of Palestine?
10. What was the prevalent religion of the country of Palestine?
11. What was the name of its currency? Choose any date in history and try and find the approximate exchange rate of the Palestinian monetary unit against the US dollar, German mark, British pound, Japanese yen, or Chinese Yuan on that date.
12. Have the Palestinians left any artifacts behind?
13. Do you know of a library where one could find a work of Palestinian literature produced before 1967?
14. And, finally, since there is no such country today, what caused its demise and when did it occur?

If you are lamenting the “low sinking” of “once proud” nation, then please tell me, when exactly was that “nation” proud and what was it so proud of?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Bristoe
By Steve Weizman

Did he kill Jesus too?
Yes. We all did.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Bristoe
By Steve Weizman

Did he kill Jesus too?
Yes. We all did.

I didn't, I weren't alive at the time. Is Christian guilt like white guilt?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 160user, 46 invisible), 2,098 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,763
Posts18,495,565
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.