Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,535 of 1,842 1 2 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1841 1842
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I recall hearing something about the Kerfoots thinking of selling the Gunflint Lodge a few years ago. I don't know any other details.

It is an awesome lodge, with gourmet cooking, and some nice fishing areas across Gunflint lake into North Lake.

I used to buy some of their used gear when we were outfitting our family of five for canoe trips into the BWCA and Quetico.

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We used their outfitter services to rent 3 souris river canoes several years back.

The impression I had then and still have now is that they are fine people. They were running a discount for war veterans, and it was a substantial discount. We did stay one night there and I did take them up on the war veteran's discount. It was and is an unbelievable gesture, I'm still grateful today and they have won me over. I hope to return soon but I don't believe I would take advantage of their patriotic generosity a second time.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I looked at Gunflint Lodge as a family vacation spot a few years ago. I got out voted but I would still like to make the trip up that way one of these days.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well as long as you are just going to use the Chevy as a plow rig and dont have to depend on it you should be good. If the old Black Truck needs driven I would be glad to bring it down here to tropical Missouri for the winter. wink I feel for you on the exhaust studs being broke. Im pretty sure my 5.4 has some broken. I just cant hear the leaks over the rattle of the cam phasers. I think it is time for me to update trucks. Have had 210,000 trouble free miles out my 07 F150 but little things are starting to pop up. Good luck with Chebby and dont forget to drive ole yella once in a while.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well as long as we're talking about plow trucks I would at least think a ford f-350 with a brand new v-plow would be the best rig.

Joey

Hi, I'm northerndave's youngest boy.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If your woundering which year it would be a 2014 ford f-350 with a brand new v-plow.

Joey

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
make it out bowhunting again,managed to get busted by an old doe.saw 6 total,not a shot to be had.
brush is just too thick.
the old girl spotted me anyway.
I didnt move,so she didnt know what I was,but she knew I was there.
shes not in this picture,but this is the brush she spotted me through.
that green bush in the center,is a buckthorn,an invasive exotic.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by fluffy; 10/22/15.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Deer season's all ready been a success here guys if I never set foot in a field. My son's buddy is home from four years in the Marines, and he's going to hunt with me this fall. This will be his second foray into the deer woods. He hunted with us a few years back and really enjoyed it-borrowed one of my rifles.

Now, I've been working on getting him set up. I found him an old Spanish Mauser for $150.00 that looked like a suitable starter gun. When the owner found out Tyler's just fresh out of the Marines, he plans to give Tyler the rifle. We meet with him Sunday to do the exchange. Tyler's a great kid, and I'm honored to help him out. As usual, our members have stepped to the plate to see what they could do to help to make this happen. Dave put this up on the 'Fire, and the next thing I knew, I had offers for a free scope and ammuntion. The scope went to another deserving young hunter, as I all ready had a scope, but special thanks to Dave and Luv2Safari, as now Tyler has three boxes of hunting ammo headed this way to get him started. We will be mounting the scope, and going through all my extra gear this Sunday to get Tyler set up. Man, it's a cool experience to be able to introduce a great kid to the out of doors.

If I even see a deer it's just a bonus at this point.

Last edited by gophergunner; 10/22/15.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Speaking of plows, I need a new f-350 with a v-plow.

My "need list" is very long.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well my season got goofy in a hurry! My BIL who usually hunts with us, backed out of hunting with us in MN. It kinda goofed up our plans a bit but we'll make the best of it. I'm not sure about camping in MN yet, but we well be bringing the tent over to WI to use for the 9-day gun season there.

I was also drawn for a special permit hunt in a park across the road from my house. I thought the meeting was last night. As I sat at the locked gate in my truck at the meeting site, I was wondering why nobody was coming to unlock the gate to the building. So, I checked my email and saw the meeting was on Tuesday, not Thursday. CRAP! So, I emailed the two directors and they quickly responded that my spot was given away since I was a "no-show." Double crap! I was counting on that as my doe for the freezer. I'm really irritated with myself for screwing that up. I'm usually pretty good about that stuff, but too much work and not enough play got the best of me on that deal I think.

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
This rains make not happy me.

Cabin road will be shloppy tonight. frown

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I've never seen it not sloppy.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well I don't think you want to see the sloppy ness! It's not good...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hey tzone! me and dad are heading out soon here! Hope to see a bunch of grouse on the way in!

Joey

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well... I'm a bit booked for this year but I know a guy that might be able to fix up that adventurous road next summer. I should have done it this year but I've been busy building a new business and trying to make ends meet.

If you want to be able to drive a chebby truck out there it will need to be good of course.....

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck to the 'Buckers, and I'm sorry you have to spend the weekend with Tom.............

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Good luck to the 'Buckers, and I'm sorry you have to spend the weekend with Tom.............
At least Jackson will be there to brighten your days........

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looking forward to hearing about the weekend invasion of Camp Chickenbuck......

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Are you kidding! Tom is awesome.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Man I hope jack or Noah got a grouse on the way back out! me and dad were putting a card in a camera and all we heard was.....BOOM!

Joey

Page 1,535 of 1,842 1 2 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 54 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,455
Posts18,489,729
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.