Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,537 of 1,842 1 2 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by cabindweller
Nice set up at your camp for cooking outdoors on a perfect N. Minnesota fall day, complete with fresh grouse, and visit from a camp robber bird….Can't get much better than that!

You're right. It was a perfect fall day! The boys had a blast. All 5 of us I think! It's fun to watch them get so excited chasing the grouse around the woods.

There's not many grouse safe with Joey around. And the boys all made us a great soup! Top that off with Dave's famous breakfasts and you don't go hungry at chickenbuck.

Originally Posted by cabindweller

Was there much for scrapes showing up yet?

There wasn't much for actual sign that was wide open. Noah and I walked a heavy deer trail for about 150-200 yards and saw a rub on a small maple. We did see bucks with does on the ride into camp, and on the way home last night we saw a few actually chasing does around a hay field. So there are small signs popping up. This week and next, things are going to pop!

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Looks like a great weekend was had. That grousle noodle soup looked like a tasty treat!

We have been so busy. The fall is flying by me. I still can't believe its almost deer season. I really need to get into hunt mode here.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
wheres the pic of the car?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Looks like you boys had a great weekend. was a beautiful weekend for it. I wish i could have made it out. been running for B-Ball already every weekend to sauk rapids so i dont get much weekend. Car looks great Dave.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That car is a lot better in person! Even for a chebby.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wow Dave, another awesome job !

Bet the customer was thrilled.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by Chickenbuck_Joe
Are you kidding! Tom is awesome.
Joe, you keep that up and his head's gonna get so big it won't fit in the woods!

No, Joey is right. Tom IS awesome.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Been asking the kids if they want to go look for deer all fall and nobody seemed too excited for it. Well, Saturday I made the executive decision to go. We piled in and around our "block" we saw a lot of deer. The excitement level rose dramatically. Now they all want to go every night.
They even saw a big buck that I didnt get to see as I was fiddling with my binoculars! I am still getting teased about that.

Got my 11 year old girl out pheasant hunting for the first time Saturday too. Dogs got birdy, I told her to get ready.....rooster got up right by me and I let it go straight to her yelling "ROOSTER!". She got the gun up.....and nothing. Seems she forgot to take the safety off! Good times and she is learning.

Joey, you seem to be having a very good fall hunting season! Good thing you are keeping the family in meat! Keep it going and be safe!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Been asking the kids if they want to go look for deer all fall and nobody seemed too excited for it. Well, Saturday I made the executive decision to go. We piled in and around our "block" we saw a lot of deer. The excitement level rose dramatically. Now they all want to go every night.
They even saw a big buck that I didnt get to see as I was fiddling with my binoculars! I am still getting teased about that.

Got my 11 year old girl out pheasant hunting for the first time Saturday too. Dogs got birdy, I told her to get ready.....rooster got up right by me and I let it go straight to her yelling "ROOSTER!". She got the gun up.....and nothing. Seems she forgot to take the safety off! Good times and she is learning.

Joey, you seem to be having a very good fall hunting season! Good thing you are keeping the family in meat! Keep it going and be safe!

well them grouse don't stop coming!(even though im the only one shooting them mom will be shortly)every day we see them grouse on the road around hunting deer time you send me down the road with the 20 gauge you will hear.....BOOM!reload...BOOM!...BOOM! ill come back!i say i got a grouse!...........you tell her i said when your ready to shoot take off the safety always got to think about that safety!lol if had that spot before i could not get the safety off when my first deer came is was ready but could not get that safety off! but mom took the safety off them....BOOM!

joey

Hi, I'm northerndave's youngest boy.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I kinda froze at first when i saw the deer then...........tick BOOM!

Joey

Hi, I'm northerndave's youngest boy.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Chickenbuck_Joe
Originally Posted by Berettaman

well them grouse don't stop coming!(even though im the only one shooting them mom will be shortly)every day we see them grouse on the road around hunting deer time you send me down the road with the 20 gauge you will hear.....BOOM!reload...BOOM!...BOOM! ill come back!i say i got a grouse!...........you tell her i said when your ready to shoot take off the safety always got to think about that safety!lol if had that spot before i could not get the safety off when my first deer came is was ready but could not get that safety off! but mom took the safety off them....BOOM!

joey

Lol Jojo your hillarous!

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So, with the thought of rifle season opening this coming Saturday & me going nuts, I awoke to a crisp, light dusting of snow last Saturday. Started salivating & by the time the coffee was ready, I decided a bow sit was in order.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Bumped one at the feeder, on the way in, in the dark !

Tracks indicated a doe, or small buck.

No deer were farmed in the making of this post !

Paul.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Some beautiful looking country there Paul!

Our season opens in 2 weekends. We are getting pretty excited here. They boys are antsy with anticipation...all 3 of us! grin

The bucks are sniffing a little bit. I saw one chasing last night and this morning on my way to work.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tom, it was a magical morning to be doing what I love !!

Paul.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Looks like a lot of fun was had at camp Chickenbuck.

Joe looks like guiding was successful good job.

I got one of those 3d deer targets in my backyard. Last two nights a deer has been kicking some arse on it. Hoof marks all over it.. I put a trial camera out hoping the bugger comes back would be cool to get some pics...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My son's buddy just got home from his stint in the Marines. A generous donor gave him a Spanish Mauser, and we head to the range tomorrow for a sight in session. I came up with a scope and rings, Luv2Safari was nice enough to send him 3 boxes of hunting loads, so off to the range tomorrow. Man, am I getting ramped up about hunting. This time of year sure gets the blood going. I've been waking up at 4:30 every morning for a week now, wandering out to the picture window in the living room and expecting to see deer in the front yard under the lights. Good luck to all the 'Buckers, and the honorary 'Buckers too!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gophergunner
My son's buddy just got home from his stint in the Marines. A generous donor gave him a Spanish Mauser, and we head to the range tomorrow for a sight in session. I came up with a scope and rings, Luv2Safari was nice enough to send him 3 boxes of hunting loads, so off to the range tomorrow. Man, am I getting ramped up about hunting. This time of year sure gets the blood going. I've been waking up at 4:30 every morning for a week now, wandering out to the picture window in the living room and expecting to see deer in the front yard under the lights. Good luck to all the 'Buckers, and the honorary 'Buckers too!

Have fun. Hopefully the rain stops while you are shooting.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Snowing here, "up nort".

Ground is too warm for it to turn anything white though.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Uuuurrrrrrp! Urrrrrpp! Blahhhhha!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I have been getting the itch real bad. Sold my bow in 2007 because 1) I didn't have time with my daughter on the way and 2) I didn't trust my fellow Americans to make a good voting decision and bought an AR.

Wish I had a bow now as my daughter is 7 and my spot is rimmed with corn. May take an old crossbow I have from a storage unit default. Get some kid time in the woods while mom is gone. Very fortunate my daughter likes to hunt with dad.

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

Page 1,537 of 1,842 1 2 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (007FJ, 2500HD, 1936M71, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,489
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.