Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 175 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 174 175
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
An opinion from a local.

Council resident here, Jack was told by dispatch to come to the accident, came with a rifle to put the animal down, all the folks here think it was an overreaction by unexperienced young police officers. It is totally likely that it was a fast escalation over him having a gun, or how the animal was being handled, but folks around here are not a threat to cops. His wife, the heart attack victim, was cuffed. This is a small town where everyone hunts and carrys rifles. Extremely low crime rate. Big budget for the police and young guys on the force. Jack was very well known and liked. Not a nutcase. The state police are not specifying how the officer sustained his ‘minor injury’.

This seems to be about the same trip that is happening nationally, overreaction by cops. No way was Jack a threat to the police. I hope this being a rural white rancher the problem of overmilitarization will be brought out of the black/ white aspect and into a clearer view.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by cv540
Originally Posted by wildbill59
Sure seems like cops are killing a lot more people than say 10-20 years ago. What up with that?

Stupid people, or ordinarily smart people acting stupid when having encounters with police have a strong likelyhood of getting killed.

Solution, dont be stupid, however, if you are, be gently stupid.

It's about stupid cops. It's about chicken sh.it cowards that have no right to a badge let alone a gun. The tide is turning and it's going to be painful for stupid, scared cops.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by logcutter
An opinion from a local.

Council resident here, Jack was told by dispatch to come to the accident, came with a rifle to put the animal down, all the folks here think it was an overreaction by unexperienced young police officers. It is totally likely that it was a fast escalation over him having a gun, or how the animal was being handled, but folks around here are not a threat to cops. His wife, the heart attack victim, was cuffed. This is a small town where everyone hunts and carrys rifles. Extremely low crime rate. Big budget for the police and young guys on the force. Jack was very well known and liked. Not a nutcase. The state police are not specifying how the officer sustained his ‘minor injury’.

This seems to be about the same trip that is happening nationally, overreaction by cops. No way was Jack a threat to the police. I hope this being a rural white rancher the problem of overmilitarization will be brought out of the black/ white aspect and into a clearer view.

Council's a pretty small town (gas station, motel, bar, and a mercantile). I wonder if the cops came down from McCall....which is basically Lake Tahoe/Sun Valley lite.
Sad deal all the way around.

Last edited by FieldGrade; 11/03/15.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
An opinion from a local.

Troublesome (if accurate) on a few levels.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Sure seems like cops are killing a lot more people than say 10-20 years ago. What up with that?

Stupid people, or ordinarily smart people acting stupid when having encounters with police have a strong likelyhood of getting killed.

It's about stupid cops. It's about chicken sh.it cowards that have no right to a badge let alone a gun. The tide is turning and it's going to be painful for stupid, scared cops.

In short, you're pissed at all the cops your wife has blown. Got it!

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Trying to in some way fathom why anyone would think it is a GOOD idea to bring a rifle to a scene where the police are on the scene. If the bull needed to be put down, they were likely well equipped to do so.

If he wanted to be helpful, a "I have a rifle in my car, should I get it?" would have been infinitely more helpful (and safer for all) than the more likely "You ain't shooting my bull" while brandishing a rifle scenario which played out.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead

In short, you're pissed at all the cops your wife has blown. Got it!

You have no class whatsoever.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
one thing i can think of is those two deputies probably had no idea of how to deal with a bull other than shooting it.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Council's a pretty small town. I wonder if the cops came down from McCall....which is a suburb of LA.

laugh

As you should know,Valley county(McCall/Cascade) and Adams county bounty on the little ski hill just out of McCall towards New Meadows.I have family still in McCall and it isn't quite as bad as you say,close compared to years ago. laugh

A McCall officer did the lettering on my logging truck and he later became a Adams county deputy.One of our local officers here was also a Adams county deputy..That's the old crew for both Adams and Valley county.Locals being officers!

That's all changed since then,now the big city officers flock to the job openings in central Idaho..I doubt many were born or raised in Idaho these days.Coming from the big cities with the big city attitude in small logging towns doesn't go over well with the locals...

I logged and worked out of Council for years and know many of the locals there now..Just a bunch of good folk wanting to be left alone.

I lived in McCall for 40 some years and it has changed but it is far from a little LA..There are still a bunch of good folks there,alot of them are my friends and hunting buddies and ofcourse,some are family.

Although it may look like it on the 4th of July....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A lot of guessing going on when we were not there. If it were my bull and I was called I would show up prepared to put the bull down if needed. I think almost anyone who lives in open range country would do the same.

Sad state of affairs no matter who was wrong.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
one thing i can think of is those two deputies probably had no idea of how to deal with a bull other than shooting it.

I've dealt with my share of bulls. Can't say I would know how to deal with one pissed off (although they are always pissed off, this one just really pissed off) and hurt bull, while trying to balance it with injured people.

Bottom line, the HUMANS (even if they were driving a Subaru) who were hurt, have precedence over the bull.

-George Washington
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Still no need to let an animal suffer when it doesn't need to.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"If he wanted to be helpful, a "I have a rifle in my car, should I get it?" would have been infinitely more helpful (and safer for all) than the more likely "You ain't shooting my bull" while brandishing a rifle scenario which played out."

Cops and cop suck-ups are allowed this type of speculation. It would go over better if you referred to the dead Rancher as a "perp". Any family members present are also "perps".

Cop critics, OTOH, are supposed to wait until "all the facts are in". If the facts put the cops in the wrong, then the media reported it wrong.

If the cop's boss [another cop] thinks he did wrong and fires him, he "threw him under the bus" to appease us, who are still "waiting on all the facts to come in".

This is just a brief synopsis of Campfire Rules with regard to cop threads.

Since you are new, I thought you might find it helpful.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Cops and cop suck-ups are allowed this type of speculation. It would go over better if you referred to the dead Rancher as a "perp". Any family members present are also "perps".

Cop critics, OTOH, are supposed to wait until "all the facts are in". If the facts put the cops in the wrong, then the media reported it wrong.

If the cop's boss [another cop] thinks he did wrong and fires him, he "threw him under the bus" to appease us, who are still "waiting on all the facts to come in".

Nailed it my friend! grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's all changed since then,now the big city officers flock to the job openings in central Idaho..I doubt many were born or raised in Idaho these days.Coming from the big cities with the big city attitude in small logging towns doesn't go over well with the locals...

I logged and worked out of Council for years and know many of the locals there now..Just a bunch of good folk wanting to be left alone.

I know that's true.... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quick question though.....do your friends in McCall wear a tie-dyed t-shirt's? grin

ETA....I'm far from a cop hater but my gut tells me this was NOT the ranchers doing.

Last edited by FieldGrade; 11/03/15.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
All black cows should be required to wear florescent vests. Or just outlaw black cows. They smell anyhow.

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Black cow lives matter.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Trying to in some way fathom why anyone would think it is a GOOD idea to bring a rifle to a scene where the police are on the scene. If the bull needed to be put down, they were likely well equipped to do so.

Bull owner/responsible party knew this, how?

... midwesterner applying provincial thinking to western sensibilities.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
"If he wanted to be helpful, a "I have a rifle in my car, should I get it?" would have been infinitely more helpful (and safer for all) than the more likely "You ain't shooting my bull" while brandishing a rifle scenario which played out."

Thanks for the advice. Not a suck up, I've walked the walk, and went home with their blood, and mine and my clothes. Have also dealt with cheesedicks like you who think they know what they are talking about, but are in reality keyboard warriors with no real grasp of reality, and pontificate from a lofty perch.

-George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F

Nailed it my friend! grin

Unfortunately it isn't a problem limited to just the "Campfire."

Page 6 of 175 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,484 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,961
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.