-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 175 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 174 175
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WELL !! Just see if I try to help YOU again!

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Council's a pretty small town (gas station, motel, bar, and a mercantile). I wonder if the cops came down from McCall....which is basically Lake Tahoe/Sun Valley lite.
Sad deal all the way around.
They were Adams County deputies. McCall is in Valley County.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Steelhead

In short, you're pissed at all the cops your wife has blown. Got it!

You have no class whatsoever.

Yes he does as a class act dickhead.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
An American should carry a rifle any place he (or she) needs to. Officers should be good with that as long as folks aren't stupid about it. American riflemen are what made this country free...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Maybe we should both concede that we are taking ourselves a bit too seriously tonight and wait for the next duel.

Good night Sir.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by cv540
[quote=curdog4570]

Thanks for the advice. Not a suck up, I've walked the walk, and went home with their blood, and mine and my clothes. Have also dealt with cheesedicks like you who think they know what they are talking about, but are in reality keyboard warriors with no real grasp of reality, and pontificate from a lofty perch.

Another pus.sy with the hero syndrome. I know you've done it all and nobody understands unless they've been there and done that. We've heard it before and I've got news for you sweetheart....some of us have been there and have the experience to know. You keep giving mustache rides and alibis for your blue brothers.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Pile into a black cow, at night, and be stuck for damages! That'd suck.

I'd be keeping my mouth shut and splitting a side of beef with the tow truck driver.

If you survived it. Did you miss the part about the car occupants being flown to a trauma center?

Nope. Pilot would have first choice of cuts.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
[quote=curdog4570]

Thanks for the advice. Not a suck up, I've walked the walk, and went home with their blood, and mine and my clothes. Have also dealt with cheesedicks like you who think they know what they are talking about, but are in reality keyboard warriors with no real grasp of reality, and pontificate from a lofty perch.

Another pus.sy with the hero syndrome. I know you've done it all and nobody understands unless they've been there and done that. We've heard it before and I've got news for you sweetheart....some of us have been there and have the experience to know. You keep giving mustache rides and alibis for your blue brothers.

No hero syndrome for me, just did my job as best as I knew how, and tried to help a few people along the way, and lockup some deserving Aholes.

Just gotta wonder what your "experience" was, Armed Robbery, dope, child molesting? Clearly YOU have a whole lot of latent anger. Hope you can conquer your demons some day, and move forward, remember, YOU made your own bed.

-George Washington
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wildbill59
Sure seems like cops are killing a lot more people than say 10-20 years ago. What up with that?

Stupid people, or ordinarily smart people acting stupid when having encounters with police have a strong likelyhood of getting killed.

Solution, dont be stupid, however, if you are, be gently stupid.

It's about stupid cops. It's about chicken sh.it cowards that have no right to a badge let alone a gun. The tide is turning and it's going to be painful for stupid, scared cops.

Trying to in some way fathom why anyone would think it is a GOOD idea to bring a rifle to a scene where the police are on the scene. If the bull needed to be put down, they were likely well equipped to do so.

If he wanted to be helpful, a "I have a rifle in my car, should I get it?" would have been infinitely more helpful (and safer for all) than the more likely "You ain't shooting my bull" while brandishing a rifle scenario which played out.

Cv540...Another coward. Hope you make it home safe

Even when it’s not hunting season, it’s not uncommon for ranchers and other residents to have guns in their trucks.

“We assume everyone has a gun in their car at all times,” Zollman said. “We deal with firearms daily. These officers are very aware of that — that (Yantis) had a gun ... (is) not uncommon. That’s just common practice.”

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article42229305.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited by AcesNeights; 11/03/15.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by wildbill59
Sure seems like cops are killing a lot more people than say 10-20 years ago. What up with that?

Stupid people, or ordinarily smart people acting stupid when having encounters with police have a strong likelyhood of getting killed.

Solution, dont be stupid, however, if you are, be gently stupid.

It's about stupid cops. It's about chicken sh.it cowards that have no right to a badge let alone a gun. The tide is turning and it's going to be painful for stupid, scared cops.

Trying to in some way fathom why anyone would think it is a GOOD idea to bring a rifle to a scene where the police are on the scene. If the bull needed to be put down, they were likely well equipped to do so.

If he wanted to be helpful, a "I have a rifle in my car, should I get it?" would have been infinitely more helpful (and safer for all) than the more likely "You ain't shooting my bull" while brandishing a rifle scenario which played out.

Cv540...Another coward. Hope you make it home safe

Even when it’s not hunting season, it’s not uncommon for ranchers and other residents to have guns in their trucks.

“We assume everyone has a gun in their car at all times,” Zollman said. “We deal with firearms daily. These officers are very aware of that — that (Yantis) had a gun ... (is) not uncommon. That’s just common practice.”

Gotta guess that the rifle wasn't in his truck, but who knows, neither of us were there.

Done with you. Good luck in reassembling your fugged up life.

-George Washington
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Get home safe sweetie!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Gotta pry, what was your experience that so jaded you? Lots and lots of anger.

-George Washington
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Probably just tired of reading about another innocent blown away by LE.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We keep constantly hearing that a lack of training is what caused the "accident" or whatever. When are we going to face the fact that in some of these cases, the training is what caused the accident?

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Should be mandatory reading for every American.

When even the EPA has assembled a SWAT TEAM it can no longer be denied that down the road Government fully intends on controlling the masses.

http://www.amazon.com/Police-State-USA-Nightmare-Becoming/dp/1936488140

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
IT'S NOT JUST EPA. We've had fda (food) inspectors with guns for a while now. Every one I've dealt with was a little Napoleon.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have also dealt with cheesedicks like you who think they know what they are talking about, but are in reality keyboard warriors with no real grasp of reality, and pontificate from a lofty perch.

It is very obvious that you know nothing about this man.

Just a thought, City people and country people have different ideas about how to handle things. For country people, calling the cops ain't one of them, in most cases. They are used to solving their own problems. The old adage is too true, "when seconds count, the cops are minutes away", but in rural cases they may be hours away. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Waiting to read what the real deal is. It's a sad case all the way around no matter where the fault lies.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Steelhead

In short, you're pissed at all the cops your wife has blown. Got it!

You have no class whatsoever.

Why the [bleep] do you always feel like butting in like an old broad?

Ace's started the wife comments on ME LONG ago. He started, I will finish it.

It's not your history but you always feel compelled to get involved.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
We keep constantly hearing that a lack of training is what caused the "accident" or whatever. When are we going to face the fact that in some of these cases, the training is what caused the accident?

Damn...... I'm glad somebody posted what a lot of us have thought.

I've always believed that the different motivations for choosing a career in L.E. set that group apart from the "general population". [I also believe the bad motivations outnumber the good ones, but hopefully, that's not reflected in the L.E. population due to a "weeding out" in the hiring process].

But even if there is no difference, the results are more dangerous when relying on common sense is replaced by "training".

Copying military training for cops is the problem, in my opinion.

In the military, the mission is paramount. Personal safety is obviously important, but it's secondary to accomplishing the mission. Casualties are expected in a large scale operation.

When Law Enforcement training adopts all the tactics of the military, but reverses the order of importance - where personal safety trumps all - a bad thing happens:

Each person encountered becomes the potential "enemy". Any action on his part other than surrender causes the "training" to kick in and "potential" becomes "actual".

And we have a divide.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 7 of 175 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 60 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,474
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.