Hop To
Page 9 of 175 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 174 175
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
We keep constantly hearing that a lack of training is what caused the "accident" or whatever. When are we going to face the fact that in some of these cases, the training is what caused the accident?

Damn...... I'm glad somebody posted what a lot of us have thought.

I've always believed that the different motivations for choosing a career in L.E. set that group apart from the "general population". [I also believe the bad motivations outnumber the good ones, but hopefully, that's not reflected in the L.E. population due to a "weeding out" in the hiring process].

But even if there is no difference, the results are more dangerous when relying on common sense is replaced by "training".

Copying military training for cops is the problem, in my opinion.

In the military, the mission is paramount. Personal safety is obviously important, but it's secondary to accomplishing the mission. Casualties are expected in a large scale operation.

When Law Enforcement training adopts all the tactics of the military, but reverses the order of importance - where personal safety trumps all - a bad thing happens:

Each person encountered becomes the potential "enemy". Any action on his part other than surrender causes the "training" to kick in and "potential" becomes "actual".

And we have a divide.

Two excellent posts. Spot on.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by logcutter
Witnesses that lawyer up is big flag something they are saying is a lie.

Or,maybe since the sheriff allegedly ask him to change his account of the incident,he lawyered up..Or,since he is the only witness to date to speak out and there are news crews begging for first dibs at an interview,he lawyered up..Or/or/or...

Doesn't mean he is lying..The wife whom had the heart attack is the other one on scene and I'm sure she has her account of what happened even tho biased as some would put it and another extra guilty vote. laugh

TRIPLE-guilty!

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Harry M
It's not that complicated, group mentality does indeed drive human behavior.

So, if you dress up folks like Soldiers, in military gear, they will act like military and will in fact view the general public as the enemy versus their real role as peace keepers who are entrusted with the law and the Constitutional rights of this nations citizens.

EVERY SINGLE writer of the Bill of Rights DID NOT want the Federal Government to have an "Army" nor to have such power over this nations citizens, PERIOD.
Exactly. It's a matter of semantics. The Founders would have no trouble at all identifying what we term "police forces" and armed "Federal Agencies/Bureaus" as professional, domestically deployed, standing armies, operating at the behest of various levels of government and exercising powers over the nation's populace. The only thing they feared more was a central bank issuing our nation's currency. We now have both. No wonder our steady progression towards tyranny and despotism.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm sure Adams County, Idaho, with it's population of 4,000 and an average family income of $26,000 has several SWAT teams.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I'm sure Adams County, Idaho, with it's population of 4,000 and an average family income of $26,000 has several SWAT teams.
Every backwater force seems to need at least one.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm pretty sure the rancher didn't show up on the scene to threaten the cops with a rifle. We're not talking about an inner city crackhead here.

I'm also pretty sure the cops killed him. I guess it was all just a minor misunderstanding. Nothing to see here, move along, go on home.

How about this instead? The population there marches (with guns) on the local police department and drags them all out in the street and gives them a first class ass kicking?! That's what they deserve. This BS has gone far enough.

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Federal SWAT teams.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'm pretty sure the rancher didn't show up on the scene to threaten the cops with a rifle. We're not talking about an inner city crackhead here.

I'm also pretty sure the cops killed him. I guess it was all just a minor misunderstanding. Nothing to see here, move along, go on home.

How about this instead? The population there marches (with guns) on the local police department and drags them all out in the street and gives them a first class ass kicking?! That's what they deserve. This BS has gone far enough.

Hopefully logcutter left a few trees standing so they can have a good ol' fashioned hangin'.

Dave

PS-You'd make a great lawyer. Very objective and fact based line of thinking you have here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave

Hopefully logcutter left a few trees standing so they can have a good ol' fashioned hangin'.

Dave

PS-You'd make a great lawyer. Very objective and fact based line of thinking you have here.

Enough's enough Dave. These people are salt of the earth ranchers, working people, people that raised their kids the American way. I respect the way they live their lives and contribute rather than bleed society. I've had it with city punks and SWAT mentality cops ruining the country. It's time for a cleansing to get America back where she belongs.

LOL
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by logcutter
Witnesses that lawyer up is big flag something they are saying is a lie.

Or,maybe since the sheriff allegedly ask him to change his account of the incident,he lawyered up..Or,since he is the only witness to date to speak out and there are news crews begging for first dibs at an interview,he lawyered up..Or/or/or...

Doesn't mean he is lying..The wife whom had the heart attack is the other one on scene and I'm sure she has her account of what happened even tho biased as some would put it and another extra guilty vote. laugh

Think about what you know about the witness. The only thing you know that he has been running his mouth. He wanted the attention until someone told him what could happen to him for saying things that he shouldn't be saying. A witness would not need a attorney unless he said something that was not true.

I doubt he needs a attorney for a lawsuit because he is pretty far down the list to receive a pay out.

In the few cases I have worked where victims/witnesses lawyer up right away it's because they weren't telling the truth.

Like everyone else just a guess on my part.
Dink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't believe nobody told us that the rancher 'wuz a good boy, trying to turn his life around', yet.....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Haven't spent much time around ranchers but you should change your handle to TheVirtualCleanser.

Travis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Haven't spent much time around ranchers but you should change your handle to TheVirtualCleanser.
Travis

No offense, but you really must be blind to not be able to see what's happening. Hot heads with guns and badges. Good formula for civic unrest. The more of this stuff that happens the more the American people will be sold the idea of a National, (better trained, better equipped) police force.

We'll see how that works out for us.

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

No offense, but you really must be blind to not be able to see what's happening. Hot heads with guns and badges.

I'm sorry the police in your area are hot heads and that I can't see what is happening in your area.

Dave

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Perhaps he issued the time-honored "Take it or leave it" statement and the officers chose to "leave it".

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

No offense, but you really must be blind to not be able to see what's happening. Hot heads with guns and badges.

I'm sorry the police in your area are hot heads and that I can't see what is happening in your area.
Dave

My area has zero to do with this discussion.

LOL
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Dave

My area has zero to do with this discussion.

are you part of the generalizing crowd, or do you have information specific to this case.

If the latter, spill it.

If not, then its logical to assume you were generalizing in which case, your area has everything to do with the discussion, as does mine.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I assumed that they were a problem since you are advocating civil unrest.

Are you saying the police in your area are not a problem?

Travis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good Lord.

Not many facts in yet, and still everyone has drawn their line in the sand. Without even the benefit of the crucial facts.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 9 of 175 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 61 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,678
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.