Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
kiwi the virtual jackboots. I'm goin in....

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Bottom line, that rancher didn't show up to shoot cops, can we all agree on that? Or is this one of the extremely bizarre cases where he cracks and says, "I'm gunna go gun down some cops"? Seems damned unlikely but I'll admit it could happen, maybe it did.

Seems a hell of a lot more likely the Rambo cops gunned this guy down because they reverted to some kind of autonomous "shoot everyone that somehow intimidates my man-child" syndrome.

The line in the sand is much bigger than any one specific case. America is going down and we're arguing about how much water it takes to drown her rather than how to get her head above water.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm pretty sure the rancher didn't show up on the scene to threaten the cops with a rifle. We're not talking about an inner city crackhead here.

I'm also pretty sure the cops killed him. I guess it was all just a minor misunderstanding. Nothing to see here, move along, go on home.

How about this instead? The population there marches (with guns) on the local police department and drags them all out in the street and gives them a first class ass kicking?! That's what they deserve. This BS has gone far enough.

Hopefully logcutter left a few trees standing so they can have a good ol' fashioned hangin'.

Dave

PS-You'd make a great lawyer. Very objective and fact based line of thinking you have here.

Enough's enough Dave. These people are salt of the earth ranchers, working people, people that raised their kids the American way. I respect the way they live their lives and contribute rather than bleed society. I've had it with city punks and SWAT mentality cops ruining the country. It's time for a cleansing to get America back where she belongs.

JFC...

You and safariman, ready to stand side-by-side in a firefight to the death, just to put America back on track.

Yeah, that's JUST what we need.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems a hell of a lot more likely the Rambo cops gunned this guy down because they reverted to some kind of autonomous "shoot everyone that somehow intimidates my man-child" syndrome.

Oh, me, me, I can play too.

Seems a hell of a lot more likely the farmer decided his bull wasn't in that bad of shape after all, and didn't need to be put down. The cops disagreed, and then the ole guy went to protecting his investment.

(no I don't believe this. I'm just waiting for the investigation to conclude, and I can only jerk one load a day, so I needed to do something while I wait.)

Last edited by RWE; 11/04/15.
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Bottom line, that rancher didn't show up to shoot cops, can we all agree on that? Or is this one of the extremely bizarre cases where he cracks and says, "I'm gunna go gun down some cops"? Seems damned unlikely but I'll admit it could happen, maybe it did.

The line in the sand is much bigger than any one specific case. America is going down and we're arguing about how much water it takes to drown her rather than how to get her head above water.

I can't answer any of your questions.

Are the police in your area a problem for you?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I don't know who was at fault and the rest of you don't either. I do know cops are like ranchers, some good, some bad. I live in open range country, the county cops are mostly natives. The state cops, and we have a lot of them, are mainly new hires sent up here for training. Some are a little over .zealous . They bring their big city ideas to the country. Cows and timber are the major resources here. Most of these people no nothing of either. Most would be happy if only they had guns. Maybe it is a fear thing. Lol I know a few ranchers and a few cops that need shootings. I am sure Idaho will get it sorted out. I am sure the sheriff will try to protect his if he can, the family will try to protect theirs, it is human nature. I am not a cop hater in general. But there are some that should not be even dog catchers.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The sheriff of Adams County was one in that state that stood up for the 2nd Amendment when the liberals tried their gun grab.

http://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/gunning-for-a-fight/Content?oid=2825631

He refused to enforce laws of gun control against the citizens in his county. Doesn't sound to me like his philosophy is that of a jackbooted thug...

Aside from that, it is impossible for you to guess what was in the mind of the rancher when he showed up with a rifle.

Did he start to shoot his bull and deputies just gunned him down?

Did deputies order him to drop the gun, and he pointed it at them instead?

These are the facts that need to be known before any guilt can be determined on either side of the question.

One fact that seems to be agreed upon is that both the rancher and the 2 deputies fired their weapons... Why and at whom/what is the relevant question.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I guess I am trying to understand all the "SWAT" team, and "paramilitary" comments, and any relevance to this event.

Two deputies trying to handle a personal injury accident is about as far from SWAT as you could get.

Kinda like discussing the inherent lack of accuracy of a Red Ryder BB gun in a Long Range Elk Cartridge thread.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm pretty sure the rancher didn't show up on the scene to threaten the cops with a rifle. We're not talking about an inner city crackhead here.

I'm also pretty sure the cops killed him. I guess it was all just a minor misunderstanding. Nothing to see here, move along, go on home.

How about this instead? The population there marches (with guns) on the local police department and drags them all out in the street and gives them a first class ass kicking?! That's what they deserve. This BS has gone far enough.

I'm pretty sure that no one has a damned clue what happened yet. All we know at this point are the following facts:

1) bull hit by car;
2) deputies called to scene;
3) deputies call rancher to tell him bull hit by car;
4) rancher shows up with rifle;
5) deputies readying to put bull down because of injuries/being aggressive;
6) BOTH rancher and deputies fire weapons (per news clip that logcutter put up);
7) rancher killed;
8) investigation ongoing.

That's it; that's all we know.

There was no "SWAT team" involved. There was no Federal agency involved. There were two county deputies and a rancher.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by cv540
I guess I am trying to understand all the "SWAT" team, and "paramilitary" comments, and any relevance to this event.

Two deputies trying to handle a personal injury accident is about as far from SWAT as you could get.

Kinda like discussing the inherent lack of accuracy of a Red Ryder BB gun in a Long Range Elk Cartridge thread.

There is no need for federal SWAT teams on the moon this Thursday.

Campfire Debater

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The cops in my area are no problem at all and when this country burns itself to the ground you're gonna see why.

Logic in Oregon

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You can think whatever you want but I've been arrested a bunch of times and I can tell you right now that every time I was arrested, it was by a cop.

Mean Gene

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Why do they need witnesses? They have 2 sworn to protect the blue line gubbermint minions to portray what happened. Move along, nuttin to see here.

Last edited by wildbill59; 11/04/15.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
OK, I had a shower I'm all better now. 4ager has arrived to save the day. No cops were injured during the exchanges on this thread. Carry on.

Either way this plays out, cops go home, American citizen rancher does not.

I'll let the campfire, the sheriffs dept that did the shooting, and the media tell me what to conclude.

LOL
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 4ager

I'm pretty sure that no one has a damned clue what happened yet. All we know at this point are the following facts:

1) bull hit by car;
2) deputies called to scene;
3) deputies call rancher to tell him bull hit by car;
4) rancher shows up with rifle;
5) deputies readying to put bull down because of injuries/being aggressive;
6) BOTH rancher and deputies fire weapons (per news clip that logcutter put up);
7) rancher killed;
8) investigation ongoing.

That's it; that's all we know.

There was no "SWAT team" involved. There was no Federal agency involved. There were two county deputies and a rancher.

The rancher looked white...but the photo's need to be verified.
Were either of the deputies black?
What about the bull?

Once colors are confirmed we can throw everything else out and conjuncture correctly. Color pending this could turn into a federal investigation.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RWE

Seems a hell of a lot more likely the farmer decided his bull wasn't in that bad of shape after all, and didn't need to be put down. The cops disagreed, and then the ole guy went to protecting his investment.

(no I don't believe this. I'm just waiting for the investigation to conclude,

Actually, I think this is a pretty likely scenario.

Add in the fact that there were people critically injured in the car, and it's kind of hard to extricate people from a car when a pissed off bull is running around, and you could see how things could escalate quickly.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
How did the rancher find out his bull was hit?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
OK, I had a shower I'm all better now. 4ager has arrived to save the day. No cops were injured during the exchanges on this thread. Carry on.

I'll let the campfire, the sheriffs dept that did the shooting, and the media tell me what to conclude.

Are the police in your area a problem for you?

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Some of us are actually waiting for silly little things called:

FACTS.

We're talking about a Sheriff's Office with a total salary budget of $600k for the year. Counting support/admin staff, that leaves about $400k in salaries, at most, for the Sheriff and all the deputies; maybe 10 total. Want to place any bets as to how many of them were born and raised there, and have family in that tiny little county, or right next door? Odds are you're talking about people who knew one another, and families know one another - it ain't some nameless and faceless "perp/cop" interaction in some city with SWAT involved. Then again, that'd require you actually THINK about the situation at hand.

How about waiting until the FACTS come in from the ISP investigation before blathering on about "Rambo-cops" or some other bullschit? Just a thought.

Glad you had a shower and feel better; that will help when you decide to start Armageddon along side safariman so you can put the nation back on track - all without any pesky facts to get in the way.

Page 10 of 175 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.