Hop To
Page 13 of 175 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 174 175
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by cv540
...Hmmm, kinda sounds like the "you ain't shooting my prized bull, I don't care about no Subaru driving folks bleeding" scenario fits more and more.

Originally Posted by Steelhead
Question: who is liable in this type of accident in Idaho?

The rancher who owned the bull for failure to have it fenced in, or the driver of the auto for failure to avoid it?

That was covered earlier, driver.

ok, thanks. Couldn't really bring myself to go through all 3 pages of this.

Really thought someone would have found a way to blame the initial accident on the cops.

Typical LE groupie. smile Can't even read the whole thing but that doesn't stop you from spreading misinformation.

What misinformation did I spread?

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pal
...Hmmm, kinda sounds like the "you ain't shooting my prized bull, I don't care about no Subaru driving folks bleeding" scenario fits more and more.

The rancher who owned the bull for failure to have it fenced in, or the driver of the auto for failure to avoid it?

Really thought someone would have found a way to blame the initial accident on the cops.

Typical LE groupie. smile Can't even read the whole thing but that doesn't stop you from spreading misinformation.

You mean like the people talking about "Rambo-cops" and "SWAT", and all that misinformation as well?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager

Only on the Campfire can you find idiots that will "stand with safariman in a firefight to the death", who readily give out their personal information willy-nilly to unknown people for the most ridiculous of reasons, and yet who believe that facts aren't needed to determine what happened in an incident like this situation.

Waiting for the facts seems far beyond the pale and perhaps beyond comprehension around here.

You literally bore me with your predictability. Like some retard bangin on a drum.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by 4ager

Only on the Campfire can you find idiots that will "stand with safariman in a firefight to the death", who readily give out their personal information willy-nilly to unknown people for the most ridiculous of reasons, and yet who believe that facts aren't needed to determine what happened in an incident like this situation.

Waiting for the facts seems far beyond the pale and perhaps beyond comprehension around here.

You literally bore me with your predictability. Like some retard bangin on a drum.

More like banging on someone being a retard and beating them like a drum.

Wait on the facts; this schit is only as hard as you make it, but by God you're trying to make it a Herculean endeavor.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2

The same predictability of citing the increasing number of rambo cop killings becoming epidemic, before we know what happened AND despite the fact that the number of officer involved homicides haven't really increased in over 30+ years?

Retarded drummer.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Tarkio
How did the rancher find out his bull was hit?

A couple articles mentioned that a dispatcher calledYantis to inform him he had a bull out in the road that was hit. At least one article stated the dispatcher requested he come and help take care of the situation.

One might have even intimated that the dispatcher asked him to help put the bull down.

Obviously 20/20 here, but I have to question the decision to call the rancher. If people were hurt, cows going crazy etc etc, I'm not sure how adding more people, and armed people, to the equation would make things better.

Generally, when it happens around here, the sheriff tries to find the owner to have them help resolve the situation. So I don't find it unusual that the dispatcher asked the owner to come out. I have seen cops try to move, capture, roundup loose cattle before. Doesn't go well usually. Even at an accident scene, I'd rather have a couple people who know how to deal with pissed of cattle work to get a bull etc. out of the way rather than asking deputies and first responders to do it.

Now, asking the guy to bring a rifle? If that truly happened. Hindsight definitely shows that wasn't the smartest thing to do.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If that bull was working...the calves would be born Aug 15. Wonder if he had a fall calving herd. What I said is if you are willing to die 4 it corral it. GFY.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Now, asking the guy to bring a rifle? If that truly happened. Hindsight definitely shows that wasn't the smartest thing to do.

That is an asinine statement. A rifle is a tool. This is IDAHO. The only thing wrong with asking a cattleman to bring a rifle (during hunting season), is that it is redundant.

If having a rifle with you in rural Idaho is an inherent problem, the world has truly gone to hell.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

laugh

Yet you could bring yourself to post repeatedly in the thread?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah I don't get why the damn things are in the road anyway, if on open range and not just escaped from private land. Oh yeah, cattlemen association's political power.

If you're going to be stupid and let your big black sheit walk around in the highway at night, do you have any responsibility to the rest of humanity to 1) not do it 2) paint the suckers florescent yellow 3) not do it. let me think- How about not do it?

I never did get the whole public range thing. Lots of fun hunting elk where the cows run on public land. Does anybody think the use of public land to run your personal cows on isn't the direct result of Cattleman Associations political power?

LOL
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Don't think having the rifle is the problem, if he had left it in the truck.

Seeing as one of the limited facts out via the Fox story is that the rancher fired the rifle, that is probably where it started to go to schit.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most herds I work 4 gotta have the cows off the allotments in Aug/ Sept/Oct.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Partagas

This somehow reminds me of the ending of Burn After Reading...

Good flick; offbeat and well-written as usual for the Coens.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by add

laugh

Yet you could bring yourself to post repeatedly in the thread?

Yeah, I posted my opinions about a different subject.

Was kind of a simple question. Sorry if it bothered you to read the answer to it again. I'll reimburse you for your lost time, just give me your hourly rate and PM me your info.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Dutch

That is an asinine statement. A rifle is a tool. This is IDAHO. The only thing wrong with asking a cattleman to bring a rifle (during hunting season), is that it is redundant.

If having a rifle with you in rural Idaho is an inherent problem, the world has truly gone to hell.

Here you go Dutch, you seem to need a refresher with some regularity:

www.rif.org

Montana MOFO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is the West, not like east of the Rockies.

BINGO

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If I had a prize bull, and such bull was really a "prize", I would have had him confined.

If I were a deputy at the scene of an accident that involved a wounded bull charging first responders, I would have promptly shot the bull between the eyes, then instructed the dispatcher to notify the owner that his dead bull could be retrieved after the scene of the accident was cleared.

But, as SH said... hindsight is 20/20. wink

But as long as we are Monday morning quarterbacking... laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As far as the open range laws, it ONLY applies in areas without fences. Like on OPEN RANGE If there is a fence, it's not open range, and the cattle owner is responsible for any damage caused by their property.

I've been around a couple of events of horses getting out of fenced areas in designated "open range", and the horse owners got to call their insurance agents to cover the damage to the cars.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was curious what really happened here, but with people lawyering up the truth probably won't get out for a while. It sounds like a tragic mistake, but the rancher could have done something foolish to trigger the shooting. If two different officers fired, it suggests that something was going on, that gave them concern - not just one cop deciding to shoot.

Or maybe international corporate mason Jews wanted his ranch, and staged an elaborate death so they could buy it cheap. smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Couldn't really bring myself to go through all 3 pages of this."

Just all some sorta' big JOKE ?

Having a high old time, spitting coffee through your nose, crackin' jokes, ....what a great party.....

Somewhere along the line I missed being issued the capacity to JOKE about this sorta' thing.

Whoever commented about your superimposing midwestern mindset on a WESTERN issue was bang on, mister (small m)

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 13 of 175 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 61 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,678
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.