-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,543 of 1,842 1 2 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1841 1842
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I paused it when he was turning away, kill him fluffy and prove me right!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I know, I'm teasing ya. I did the same thing smile

Take his advise fluffy. We want to see that sucker!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Hey tzone, I was out squirrel hunt in on Sunday morning a little south and east of me on some public land and ran across a scrape line. 3 of em about 8 to 10 feet apart right off a heavily used run and about the size of a garbage can lid. Kinda surprised me.

(Micah 6:8) "Words are what men live by... words they say and mean." -John Wayne, The Comancheros "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." -Ronald Reagan
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I'm bringing my win 94 thutty-thutty and my buddies dad(one of the guys in our camp) loaned me the use one of his 06 to use since I had to sell mine to pay some bills this summer. The 30-30 for tracking/drives and and the 06 is for general use. Out of the four of use in camp, youngest (me) to oldest, it's 30-30/30-06, 30-30/30-06, 32 special/30-06/300 win mag and last a 280rem.

(Micah 6:8) "Words are what men live by... words they say and mean." -John Wayne, The Comancheros "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." -Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone

wont get to hunt there again till blackpowder season. frown
if you guys are good at that sort of thing,tell me,is that buck one of these?
I am not much of a judge.

http://vid82.photobucket.com/albums/j247/joelbrown_01/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-10/bigs.mp4

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man, you guys are really getting me pumped up here! The Exploder points north Friday morning leading out little caravan north to Outing. A quick stop at the hotel, and then one last scouting run Friday afternoon. Gonna try to quietly sneak in and maybe hang a tree stand and then back out quietly. Nothing quite like the opener, man.

Hoping to hear about a very heavy game pole up at Chickenbuck, Dave. Good luck to all the Minnesota boys. Tom and Jack-you guys have some fun and make some great memories. Fluffy-save one for me up there, will you?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hunt the property where I live and in the last few days the deer sightings are really picking up.

I stepped out the back door this morning and there were 4 does within about 50 yards of the house and 2-3 more deer about 200 or so yards out.

I'm getting a bit pumped up!

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I started washing clothes last night and hung my wool coat outside. Gear is in a bin ready to go in our packs. Headed north before light hits the ground Friday morning.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I started washing clothes last night and hung my wool coat outside. Gear is in a bin ready to go in our packs. Headed north before light hits the ground Friday morning.
washing clothes?
Pffft. You'll wash all the luck out of them.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Last year was the first since I started deer hunting that I didn't get anything. Didn't even get to look at one through the scope on my then new Savage 220f 20ga. I passed on a 6 point opening morning and it turns out that was the only buck I saw the rest of the year.

This year I may not be as picky. We'll see what the moment brings. I have some work to do in the "get gear ready" dept. I'll start that tonight. I did dial in the shotgun last Saturday though.

Good luck to all! Have fun and stay safe!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Last year was the first since I started deer hunting that I didn't get anything. Didn't even get to look at one through the scope on my then new Savage 220f 20ga. I passed on a 6 point opening morning and it turns out that was the only buck I saw the rest of the year.

This year I may not be as picky. We'll see what the moment brings. I have some work to do in the "get gear ready" dept. I'll start that tonight. I did dial in the shotgun last Saturday though.

Good luck to all! Have fun and stay safe!

This is the first year I don't have a doe tag or bonus tag in over 10 years. I've shot a buck 7 out of the last 8 years, so I am worried that this will be the year I don't see a bunch of antlers.

I don't know yet what my strategy will be, but I don't want to have a season like yours where you pass on the first one or two and then don't see any more the rest of the season.

I guess I always have the metro area muzzle-loading season to fall back on though.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I don't think I've seen any horns since 2007.

None of us have doe tags, except for young "Shorty" who is still a youth hunter. Shorty is taller than me now I believe. Future WNBA star, or maybe she will be a dentist for giraffes, or a light bulb changer and top shelf assistant for SAMS club... She not short any more.

lol

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I am not hanging out clothes this year, instead, I put them all in a bag full of leaves. I thought that might work just as good and they wont be damp.

I have a slightly different take on whether to shoot a buck right away or not. I am okay if I eat tag soup. Going hunting is enough for me and I cannot shoot a big one if I shoot a little one first. So I will wait. Probably wont shoot one, but that is okay (especially if the daughter gets one!

I will be taking Friday afternoon off and heading up to the uncles to get his shed ready for the orange invasion. it will be my 34th year there. Talk about tradition!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by fluffy
washing clothes?
Pffft. You'll wash all the luck out of them.

Der was no luck in em, eh.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I don't think I've seen any horns since 2007.

None of us have doe tags, except for young "Shorty" who is still a youth hunter. Shorty is taller than me now I believe. Future WNBA star, or maybe she will be a dentist for giraffes, or a light bulb changer and top shelf assistant for SAMS club... She not short any more.

lol

No kidding. Not sure where she is getting that height from.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Berettaman

I have a slightly different take on whether to shoot a buck right away or not. I am okay if I eat tag soup. Going hunting is enough for me and I cannot shoot a big one if I shoot a little one first. So I will wait. Probably wont shoot one, but that is okay (especially if the daughter gets one!

Bman, that is generally my take as well especially with the low deer numbers. I don't even apply for doe permits anymore and I pass does up when bowhunting. They can't birth babies when they're in the septic tank.

This year I am kind of anxious to put down a buck with the Savage but if that doesn't happen, just being in the woods is more than good enough for me. smile

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Whhooooooo looooloooloooolooooloooolooooo!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by fluffy

wont get to hunt there again till blackpowder season. frown
if you guys are good at that sort of thing,tell me,is that buck one of these?
I am not much of a judge.

http://vid82.photobucket.com/albums/j247/joelbrown_01/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-10/bigs.mp4

Joey

Hi, I'm northerndave's youngest boy.
Page 1,543 of 1,842 1 2 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.