Hop To
Page 17 of 175 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 174 175
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I sure as hell wouldn't roll up and hop out with a gun if the cops were already there. That's just asking for trouble.

Not saying cops are trigger happy idiots but you don't always know who you're dealing with and vice versa from the cops perspective.

I'd just as soon let the cops shoot the critter anyway.

Pretty spot on Sam, but then it seems that you operate with a modicum of common sense and logic. Seems not all of the speculators do - hence some of the comments.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Linking this death to the Ft Worth homeowner killed in his garage by cops at the wrong address, and the former Marine killed by Tucson SWAT, the obvious lesson to be learned is that if you have a firearm when cops show up, and you didn't send for them...... shoot fast and straight.

Being the only survivor has obvious advantages when compared to being the victim of a wrongful death by cops.

Damn witnesses wreck everything,,,,wreck a good story as well.
Remember, 2 people can keep a secret....as long as one of them is dead.....

http://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000003615939/video-shows-fatal-police-shooting.html

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Harry M
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Linking this death to the Ft Worth homeowner killed in his garage by cops at the wrong address, and the former Marine killed by Tucson SWAT, the obvious lesson to be learned is that if you have a firearm when cops show up, and you didn't send for them...... shoot fast and straight.

Being the only survivor has obvious advantages when compared to being the victim of a wrongful death by cops.

Damn witnesses wreck everything,,,,wreck a good story as well.
Remember, 2 people can keep a secret....as long as one of them is dead.....

http://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000003615939/video-shows-fatal-police-shooting.html

The victor always gets to write the history.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Bob, it is just a very sad deal all the way around.

Difficult to even try and speculate what lead up to such a terrible outcome.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Yup, that's how we erased Roanoke in the history books and wrote in the Pilgrim story wink

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by cv540
Gotta pry, what was your experience that so jaded you? Lots and lots of anger.

I answered this last night in a fairly wordy response but it has disappeared overnight. The abridged version I'll indulge you now.

I worked for a local PD many years back and witnessed some truly disgusting and illegal behaviors by several "officers". One sgt put a ladder to the 2nd story master bedroom in his old house and raped his ex wife. Flat out undeniable RAPE! Since our department couldn't investigate one of our own the case went to another metropolis to investigate with instructions that it never happened. Well the other dept owed ours a favor because a few months earlier a couple of their detectives got in a serious accident after partying -our department never charged them and they kept their jobs. So the metropolis investigating the rape paid our department and specifically, Sgt. Rapist back. The entire thing was swept under the rug. Not another word and an unofficial memo to never talk about it again. After all this guys job and freedom could be in jeopardy because he was a good guy, one of "us".
A year later a different cop more senior was fired for a different rape. The rape of someone in his custody.

My anger stems from the daily abuse that happens by some cops but is defended by virtually all cops. If a 63 year old white, well respected cattle rancher isn't safe from being blown away in front of his wife who is. Those are just 2 cases from 1 department.

I'm not anti cop, in fact my oldest son is an MP in the USMC and may make LE a career. I raised him to be an honest, kind, moral man and I'm afraid that LE, the way it's going, will not accept those qualities. I know that good, moral men exist in LE as I worked with some. They were old school guys that were just counting their days till retirement. They thought that the new group of young cops with heads shaved and always looking for a fight made the job tough.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 5sdad
For those who haven't read the Herriot books, you really need to. His account of his first attempt at collecting semen will leave you in tears from laughter.

i lost part of my life at an elk camp in colorado one year talking about artificial insemination with a brother in law who was running about 600cows at the time. I do not want that job.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Another selling point for artificial insemmenination. Prize genetics in a straw can't stand up 2 a subaru.

I have worked on a ranch with five thousand range cows. Most would think nothing of stomping you into a muddy mush. You can AI them all, I will let the bulls do it the honest way.

that is the absolute truth.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Yeah I don't get why the damn things are in the road anyway, if on open range and not just escaped from private land. Oh yeah, cattlemen association's political power.

If you're going to be stupid and let your big black sheit walk around in the highway at night, do you have any responsibility to the rest of humanity to 1) not do it 2) paint the suckers florescent yellow 3) not do it. let me think- How about not do it?

I never did get the whole public range thing. Lots of fun hunting elk where the cows run on public land. Does anybody think the use of public land to run your personal cows on isn't the direct result of Cattleman Associations political power?

smoke a little ganja too, do you?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

I answered this last night in a fairly wordy response but it has disappeared overnight. The abridged version I'll indulge you now.

I worked for a local PD many years back and witnessed some truly disgusting and illegal behaviors by several "officers". One sgt put a ladder to the 2nd story master bedroom in his old house and raped his ex wife. Flat out undeniable RAPE! Since our department couldn't investigate one of our own the case went to another metropolis to investigate with instructions that it never happened. Well the other dept owed ours a favor because a few months earlier a couple of their detectives got in a serious accident after partying -our department never charged them and they kept their jobs. So the metropolis investigating the rape paid our department and specifically, Sgt. Rapist back. The entire thing was swept under the rug. Not another word and an unofficial memo to never talk about it again. After all this guys job and freedom could be in jeopardy because he was a good guy, one of "us".
A year later a different cop more senior was fired for a different rape. The rape of someone in his custody.

My anger stems from the daily abuse that happens by some cops but is defended by virtually all cops. If a 63 year old white, well respected cattle rancher isn't safe from being blown away in front of his wife who is. Those are just 2 cases from 1 department.

I'm not anti cop, in fact my oldest son is an MP in the USMC and may make LE a career. I raised him to be an honest, kind, moral man and I'm afraid that LE, the way it's going, will not accept those qualities. I know that good, moral men exist in LE as I worked with some. They were old school guys that were just counting their days till retirement. They thought that the new group of young cops with heads shaved and always looking for a fight made the job tough.

Fair enough, thanks.

Really kind of pointless to accuse or defend much more without further details as to this case.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Just found this on the "Idaho New Republic" blog, sounds very credible:

"The entire operation was an ATF sting. All parties were undercover agents; the deputies, the occupants of the Subaru, and even the Bull... (he was REAL undercover) all agents.
The entire thing was staged to draw the rancher out of his house to assassinate him. The wife set it up, and her "heart attack" is just a ruse to protect her true identity...yep, she is a long term undercover agent who married the rancher 27 years ago when the investigation started..."

Well we now have two undisputed facts in this thread.

First the police and other individual fired shots

Second: we now know TRH posts on the Idaho New Republic blog

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

He precipitated his own death, and won't get any tears from me.

You don't know sh.it about what happened, haven't read the articles with any meaningful comprehension, admitted you don't know and this is your response? He deserved it and the only thing better would have been if you could have killed him yourself.

You are a real sh.itbag!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by m_s_s
I have 4 good cow dogs, tough sons of bitches. A bull that is hurt and mad will stand and fight, pretty sure my dogs couldn't move him unless they ate him and went off the road to [bleep].

long time ago i was helping unload some stock for a prescott rodeo that belongd to eddie belmas, i think you know of him. The brama's were coming out of the truck down a chute with i swear six foot railroad tie beams. I was sitting on one drinking a beeer. Until one of those bulls decided he didn't want to go down the chute and jumped the wall so close to me i could have scratched his chin. I suppose it could be done but i can think of a lot of things i would use to put on down other than a ar15, might just tend to tick him off.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

You don't know sh.it about what happened, haven't read the articles with any meaningful comprehension, admitted you don't know and this is your response? He deserved it and the only thing better would have been if you could have killed him yourself.

You are a real sh.itbag!

Clearly you want to continue to argue. Ok, I'll bite.

I believe what I believe, based on somewhat limited information, but trying to draw logical conclusions based on what we know. I have read the articles, but it appears ISP is holding details while they investigate, which seems like a good idea.

I guess when the rancher showed up with his "never back down" attitude as quoted by those who knew him, and he deployed a rifle, the deputies should have yelled to the injured people in the Subaru "just apply direct pressure, you probably won't bleed out" and let him do the whole Bull Whisperer thing for 10 or 15 minutes.

What is your theory as to what happened?

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You are a real sh.itbag!

you're giving him crap for going off without knowing for sure what happened?

Good one...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You are a real sh.itbag!

Yup, and he hasn't danced around about proving that, with a whole goddam BARRAGE of stupid, unfeeling, unwarranted and ignorant commentary. I gotta say that the fascistic undertones evident leave me in doubt of he and I EVER seeing eye to eye.

Sam just mentioned the almost unbelievable SADNESS radiating outward and about from this tragic event.

Compliments to him for bringing it back up.

Some quiet and focused reflection seems timely.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I believe what I believe, based on somewhat limited information

and THERE it is, spelled out in large blinking letters.
....like a warning sign, folks.

Thanks again cv540, we now know you that much better.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Your story reminds me of the novel Bonfire of the Vanities. That favor system was prominent among cops, judges, prosecutors, etc... Pretty much exactly as you described it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by drover
This article won't stop the rampant speculation on here, mostly from folks who probably don't have a clue where Idaho is and surely don't know where Adams county, where the incident occurred, is located. Lighten up folks the facts will come out eventually, if there were misdeeds
the facts are a lot harder to cover up in a place like Adams county than they are in some other places.

Link to the latest update on the story.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/article42229305.html

facts are a lot harder to cover up in a place like Adams county than they are in some other places.

Amen, and good hunters know how to wait.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 11/04/15.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Scott F
I don't care that he brought a gun. I don't care if anyone carries a gun. I carry a gun.

I just don't whip it out without reason. I sure as heck don't whip it out around other armed persons who may not be sure of my intentions, whether they are cops or anyone else.

The fact that he brought a gun, if he had left it in the truck wouldn't have been a factor.

Gotta wonder why he chose to deploy it. Most likely scenario was to make his point that he thought the bull shouldn't be put down.

I am guessing here and I really don't like to guess without facts but I think the reason they called him in the first place was to come and put the bull down. I also don't see that calling him to come was in any way ignoring the folks who were hurt in the car.

Time will tell if we ever get all the facts.

I don't know about Idaho, but here that would abolsolutely be the last thing I want the landowner doing. It would put way to much liability on our agency.

Example

pd: call randy rancher " hey come take care of your wonder cow in the road"

RR shows up and says I'm gonna shoot my Cow be a use it is suffering to.much, we say ok, Randy takes out his trusty rusty 30-06 and pokes plants one between the eyes of said cow, bullet traverses through the skull of the animal and angles off something hard, travels out into the field and strikes and kills the passenger of the vehicle that hit the cow.

Now who do you think the family of that passenger is going to Sue? Dead broke and bankrupt Randy, or a municipality?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 17 of 175 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 57 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,688
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.