Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 175 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 174 175
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I had a call from the sheriffs office last Sunday morning about stock on a secondary road 5 miles from here. Not mine but they call everyone with cows Russ

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by JSTUART
[quote=crossfireoops]
After a period of quiet reflection, you being the deputy, how would you have resolved the situation?

At this point I'll just resort to your strategy / philosophy

I believe what I believe about this thread.

I'm not a deputy.

You're an azzwhole.

Let's just stick to the facts from here on out, and knock off alla' the speculation, you fuggin' loser.

GTC

I couldn't agree more with crossfire in this thread.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
After a period of quiet reflection, you being the deputy, how would you have resolved the situation?

I'm not a deputy.

You're an azzwhole.

Let's just stick to the facts from here on out, and knock off alla' the speculation, you fuggin' loser.

GTC

Translation:
"You're an azzwhole." = "You won the argument, I got nothing."

Translations:

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by cv540

He precipitated his own death, and won't get any tears from me.

You don't know sh.it about what happened, haven't read the articles with any meaningful comprehension, admitted you don't know and this is your response? He deserved it and the only thing better would have been if you could have killed him yourself.

You are a real sh.itbag!

Yup, and he hasn't danced around about proving that, with a whole goddam BARRAGE of stupid, unfeeling, unwarranted and ignorant commentary. I gotta say that the fascistic undertones evident leave me in doubt of he and I EVER seeing eye to eye.

Sam just mentioned the almost unbelievable SADNESS radiating outward and about from this tragic event.

Compliments to him for bringing it back up.

Some quiet and focused reflection seems timely.

GTC

Yep. I think it's doubtful that weasel and I would agree on much in fact my decision to switch careers earlier in life was because of the preponderance of that kind of callous stupidity. I seriously doubt I'd cross paths with him , unless perhaps I'm pumping out a septic tank, but I dam sure know the type of ego involved. Used to be another one here...but he's gone.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Yeah I don't get why the damn things are in the road anyway, if on open range and not just escaped from private land. Oh yeah, cattlemen association's political power.

If you're going to be stupid and let your big black sheit walk around in the highway at night, do you have any responsibility to the rest of humanity to 1) not do it 2) paint the suckers florescent yellow 3) not do it. let me think- How about not do it?

I never did get the whole public range thing. Lots of fun hunting elk where the cows run on public land. Does anybody think the use of public land to run your personal cows on isn't the direct result of Cattleman Associations political power?

It is actually a result of a policy called multiple use. There are no more bison in the country to control the growth of forage so we use cattle today.

Cattle make the range better and reduce the risk of fire.

You don't like what cattle do to the forest, you sure as hell would not like what free ranging bison used to do.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Newborn black calves born in early august in over 100 degree Temps that fall asleep in full sun will spike Temps over 106 degree f. Some die some get permanent neurological damage. Most fall calves shoot 4 mid sept start date. I doubt the bull was "working". I also doubt there are November grazing allotments. But I am ASS U MING.

I was told the accident happened six miles N of Council. I travel that road frequently. That section is fenced but is only a mile or two from a bunch of private property which is not fenced as those property owners do not own cattle.

But the private property lies in a narrow band about a mile wide between the hiway and USFS grazing alottments. Deer hunters frequently cut the fence between the private and public lands. Such has happened twice this fall in that immediate area that I know about.

When that fence is cut the cows have free access to those unfenced properties and onto the hiway. I am frequently amazed that I do not see dead cows on that stretch of hiway on every trip through.

We had an exceptionally hot October in this area. Our grazing allotments do expire in early Oct. But the heat has made it exceedingly difficult to gather this year.

By late summer the cows are grazing at 7000 to 8000 ft altitude and we usually get snows in early to mid October which naturally push the cows out of the high country. Those snows have not happened yet, and the ranchers are still finding a few stragglers.

No one has actually stated so yet, but I strongly suspect this bull jumped a fence considering the exact area where the accident occurred.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I believe what I believe, based on somewhat limited information

and THERE it is, spelled out in large blinking letters.
....like a warning sign, folks.

Thanks again cv540, we now know you that much better.

GTC

Re: cv540's drivel,.... "Won the argument"

yup, we DID have one just like him here once, didn't we.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That's why I was giving FB chit earlier.

"Let your big black scheit walk around in the highway"?

Total troll statement.

This ain't Portland.

Tragic death and he was whining about cows messing up his elk hunting.

Weirdo.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

I'm not a deputy.

You're an azzwhole.

GTC

Translation:
"You're an azzwhole." = "You won the argument, I got nothing."

Translations:
How about resolving it with common sense. If you live in the area were raising stock is common, that kind of thing happens.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
And as for still having bulls on cows right now that is no big deal.

Our 'marked open' calving cutoff date when preg testing is June/July which is 9 months from now. And the bulls have been out since mid-June so if something was gonna get bred it's already had plenty of time.

And generally bulls are all pretty wore out this time of year and are way easier to handle compared to spring time.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

He precipitated his own death, and won't get any tears from me.

You don't know sh.it about what happened, haven't read the articles with any meaningful comprehension, admitted you don't know and this is your response? He deserved it and the only thing better would have been if you could have killed him yourself.

You are a real sh.itbag!

Yup, and he hasn't danced around about proving that, with a whole goddam BARRAGE of stupid, unfeeling, unwarranted and ignorant commentary. I gotta say that the fascistic undertones evident leave me in doubt of he and I EVER seeing eye to eye.

Sam just mentioned the almost unbelievable SADNESS radiating outward and about from this tragic event.

Compliments to him for bringing it back up.

Some quiet and focused reflection seems timely.

GTC

Yep. I think it's doubtful that weasel and I would agree on much in fact my decision to switch careers earlier in life was because of the preponderance of that kind of callous stupidity. I seriously doubt I'd cross paths with him , unless perhaps I'm pumping out a septic tank, but I dam sure know the type of ego involved. Used to be another one here...but he's gone.

Still surprised at the level of anger and personal insults, but hey, whatever gets you through the night.

Disagree with you strongly, but respect your right to state it.

You think you can categorize people based on your past dealings but that has vast possibilities of error.

One of the proudest moments of my career was when I arrested another member of my agency who desperately needed it. His last moment of freedom was looking at me pointing a rifle at him while he decided how to play it.

At that point, they make all the decisions as to whether you shoot or not.

-George Washington
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

I worked for a local PD many years back

How were you employed by the PD?

Dink

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The insults are for the callous remarks about a man you'll not shed a tear over and a situation you have no clue about.

That you don't understand....that says a lot about you.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The insults are for the callous remarks about a man you'll not shed a tear over and a situation you have no clue about.

That you don't understand....that says a lot about you.

Funny sheit right there.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
fascistic undertones

again

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Lol...all cops are bad and everybody who owns a cow is good.

You FINALLY got something right! shocked

grin

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
fascistic undertones

again

You are quoting yourself??

Guess at least you know you will agree with the quote.

-George Washington
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What I was getting at Sam is two fold. If the whole deal or disagreement was about the "value" of the bulls genetic potential or being a " prize" ( as it is merely speculation). ....you can have a lot more value stored in the semen tank than on the hoof. If it was so valuable the owner was willing to die for it,it should have been better secured. I think livestock owners are no different than the rest of the population...good,bad, and ugly. It seems investment in facilities and containment is a low priority for some producers and the animals they own suffer from the decisions and behaviors made by their owners. I am in no way saying this is the absolute case here. I am only making my posted observations from the thread and 27 years as a bovine veterinarian. I appreciate your insight on this topic and others and hope to visit with you in the future about less tragic situations. I only hope too plant the seed in my posts on this matter is this " if you own em take care of em." To have good neighbors be a good neighbor. Good fences=Good neighbors. It is sad and perhaps I better STFU.

Last edited by Angus1895; 11/04/15.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
callous remarks about a man you'll not shed a tear over and a situation you have no clue about.

Two points:

-You have a clue about the situation??
Do you have a mole in ISP? "Hey fireman Ace, let me tell you what the REAL story is."

-I'll save my tears for the deputies that have to endure the nightmares for years to come.

-George Washington
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

cv540

No problem AT ALL calling out an undertone of FASCISM in your writings and rantings today, fella.

We're not "arguing", and Robert's rules of order are not in effect either.

You are who you are, and are very happy with your condition and mindset.

Still surprised at the level of anger and personal insults,

...forget volumes, that speaks an entire BOOK.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 11/04/15.

Page 19 of 175 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,618
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.