Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 175 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 174 175
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cv540
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
callous remarks about a man you'll not shed a tear over and a situation you have no clue about.

Two points:

-You have a clue about the situation??
Do you have a mole in ISP? "Hey fireman Ace, let me tell you what the REAL story is."

-I'll save my tears for the deputies that have to endure the nightmares for years to come.

...even if it turns out they were at fault? I have no idea who started the cluster, but to state that at this point seems to reveal your character, or your lack of character.

The only side I'm taking is the truth, however it plays out. You might consider trying that yourself.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
No problem AT ALL calling out an undertone of FASCISM in your writings and rantings today, fella.

We're not "arguing", and Robert's rules of order are not in effect either.

You are who you are, and are very happy with your condition and mindset.

Still surprised at the level of anger and personal insults,

...forget volumes, that speaks an entire BOOK.

GTC

I'll quote you so you don't have to quote yourself again, OK?

Cite my Fascist overtones please.

Your posts are long on platitudes, but short on substance.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know you're way to "Busy" to read an entire thread, prior to posting on it at great length.

I know you think that what you're posting is on the level and all squared away.

Cite my Fascist overtones please.

Why should I give a FRA about further dialogue with you on ANY level implying respect ?

At this point studying you, and your mindset like a bug on a slide in a disease control facility is more in order.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by cv540

As long as you set the precedent, let me quote myself.

-George Washington
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I only hope too plant the seed in my posts on this matter is this " if you own em take care of em." To have good neighbors be a good neighbor. Good fences=Good neighbors.

good words to carry away from this runaway, Sir.

Thanks for putting em' up !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Another thread where the bed wetters come in and pizz on each others pancakes.

Yawn.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Another thread where the bed wetters come in and pizz on each others pancakes.

Yawn.

Yeah, kinda morphed into that unfortunately.

-George Washington
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
and we wonder how the original incident could have got so wrong frown Lets conduct ourselvs in a way that genuinely shows our intent if not ability to carry out a intelegent conversation. My goodness I know we are better than what has recently been out for display for all of us popcorn and entertainment fans.

Lets worry and ask ourselves how the unfortunate incident that started this thread could have got so wrong. Now look at ourselves and ask what we could do to prevent such an unfortunate incident if it were materializing before our eyes.

Or in a worst casescenario what would one do to promote such an unfortunant set of events.

Is this the kind of thing you want to promote or prevent?

Lets see some positive action, or keep it to ourselvs please.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My condolances to each an everyone involved along with their families. Very unfortunate all around.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
My condolances to each an everyone involved along with their families. Very unfortunate all around.

Well said.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There is a good bit of open range in ID and OR. Folks who live in open range country understand they can legally be livestock on the roads. In open range country it is up to drivers to look out for livestock. You hit it, you pay for it. That is just the way it is.

I have read here where some seem to think the rancher showed up with an attitude. I do not see anything in the reports that indicate he did anything wrong. He was called to come to the scene and deal with his injured bull, he came armed to put his bull down if necessary. CV540 seems to think if anyone shows up armed he should be killed. If that is his attitude I am glad I do not live in his AO. If I was called to take care of an animal hurt in an accident I would show up armed and ready to do what needed to be done. Sounds like that would get me killed in his part of the country. I am glad he doesn't live where I do.

I have stood next to LEOs while carrying openly and I have stood next to them with a rifle. That sure as hell does not mean I am out to harm anyone. It is a sick world when it is LEO elite against just normal people.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Just to clarify, no I dont think just showing up armed is a problem. I dont think open carry is a problem. If anything in any of my previous posts could be misconstrewed that way, I should have been clearer.

At some point it went beyond that. Exactly how, or whose fault it was no one here really knows. I think it unlikely he was shot when he got the rifle out to shoot the bull, doesnt fit.

I think it likely he was shot because he either pointed the rifle at the officers to prevent them from putting the bull down, or discharged it to accomplish the same thing. To me that fits better. To others, maybe not.

Guns arent bad, acting stupidly with guns has consequences, sometimes higher than others

I think this fellows actions caused his own death. I could be wrong, but that is my read. I have sympathy for his friends and family, not for him, I think it likely he was a fool.

I wont insult you for disagreeing. Make your point, maybe back it up with your reasoning, and defend your position.

Or insult and call names if that is all you have.

-George Washington
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
In that case I misread what you posted. So far I see nothing to cause the shooting of anything but the bull. Maybe someday we will know what really happened. Maybe the truth will never come out.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
In the end, no matter what is presented as proof, some will believe only what they want to believe.

It is also hard to dispute that the end result was bad from about any viewpoint, but sometimes there is no way of changing a chain of events.

-George Washington
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep and yep. I agree with both points.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Seems strange that some who are awaiting "facts" are completely ignoring at least two eyewitness accounts. You will never get the facts this side of Heaven. You will only get accounts. Then you've got guys continuing to comment after admitting to not having time to read through the thread. This is the real-world equivalent of not having time to listen, but having plenty of time to talk.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Without proper vetting (ability to determine veracity or probative value) and/or consequences for being untruthful (perjury, obstruction of justice, 1983 action or criminal charges), “accounts” don’t really mean much.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 11/04/15. Reason: add "or criminal charges"

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by m_s_s
I have 4 good cow dogs, tough sons of bitches. A bull that is hurt and mad will stand and fight, pretty sure my dogs couldn't move him unless they ate him and went off the road to [bleep].

long time ago i was helping unload some stock for a prescott rodeo that belongd to eddie belmas, i think you know of him. The brama's were coming out of the truck down a chute with i swear six foot railroad tie beams. I was sitting on one drinking a beeer. Until one of those bulls decided he didn't want to go down the chute and jumped the wall so close to me i could have scratched his chin. I suppose it could be done but i can think of a lot of things i would use to put on down other than a ar15, might just tend to tick him off.
Many years ago I was at a rodeo in Caldwell, ID. They had an 8' gate of solid wood, it looked like a wall. After a bull ride, the hazer was trying to get the bull through a gate when it charged this high gate and went right over it - 8' high - and right into the fairgrounds midway. Several cowboys on horses headed out to herd him back as there were 1000's of people out there. A couple minutes later, here came Ferdinand, right back over the same gate into the arena.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The the sheriff's office just hired a "crisis management team"....whatever the fugg that is.

Sounds like they about to get their azz lynched.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Seems strange that some who are awaiting "facts" are completely ignoring at least two eyewitness accounts. You will never get the facts this side of Heaven. You will only get accounts. Then you've got guys continuing to comment after admitting to not having time to read through the thread. This is the real-world equivalent of not having time to listen, but having plenty of time to talk.

Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Without proper vetting (ability to determine veracity or probative value) and/or consequences for being untruthful (perjury, obstruction of justice, 1983 action or criminal charges), “accounts” don’t really mean much.

This, and of course, all we have of the "eyewitness accounts" are snippets and incomplete statements that do little more than sell news.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Page 20 of 175 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (222Sako, 1936M71, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,442
Posts18,489,508
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.