Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 175 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 174 175
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Seems strange that some who are awaiting "facts" are completely ignoring at least two eyewitness accounts. You will never get the facts this side of Heaven. You will only get accounts. Then you've got guys continuing to comment after admitting to not having time to read through the thread. This is the real-world equivalent of not having time to listen, but having plenty of time to talk.

Yup, and talking about uniform standards and codes that should apply coast to coast, and injecting the fact that he's with, or has been with some unidentified and at this time indeterminate "Agency". Believes in what he believes, mind made up, case closed,....now get in the damned box car,...etc.

Remind you of someone that posted here years ago, pard ?

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 11/04/15.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Seems strange that some who are awaiting "facts" are completely ignoring at least two eyewitness accounts. You will never get the facts this side of Heaven. You will only get accounts. Then you've got guys continuing to comment after admitting to not having time to read through the thread. This is the real-world equivalent of not having time to listen, but having plenty of time to talk.

Yup, and talking about uniform standards and codes that should apply coast to coast, and injecting the fact that he's with, or has been with some unidentified and at this time indeterminate "Agency". Believes in what he believes, mind made up, case closed,....now get in the damned box car,...etc.

Remind you of someone that posted here years ago, pard ?

GTC

Thankfully, I think I've missed all that "secret squirrel" schit.

At this point, I think we've seen enough of these incidents where the lynch mob wants to go get the cop (Ferguson anyone?), but as the facts finally come out, it turns out that it was at best just a schitshow that NO ONE wanted and at worst the dead guy precipitated it. Eyewitness accounts have been... problematic as well.

All we know is very little, and it all centers around a damned small community (4,000 people) in the middle of an area most couldn't find with a map and assistance. The known facts are few, and don't really do much to help figure things out one way or the other - though we've got plenty that think the cops were either "Rambo" or saints, and the rancher either a martyr or a nutcase. In the end, the odds are that neither one will be either, but right now we just don't know.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Without proper vetting (ability to determine veracity or probative value) and/or consequences for being untruthful (perjury, obstruction of justice, 1983 action or criminal charges), “accounts” don’t really mean much.
The point you and others are ignoring is that y'all are speculating just as much as the persons condemning the cops, seemingly relying on the eyewitness accounts of the cops themselves whilst ignoring the accounts of others. I'm not saying who is at fault, if anybody.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Without proper vetting (ability to determine veracity or probative value) and/or consequences for being untruthful (perjury, obstruction of justice, 1983 action or criminal charges), “accounts” don’t really mean much.
The point you and others are ignoring is that y'all are speculating just as much as the persons condemning the cops, seemingly relying on the eyewitness accounts of the cops themselves whilst ignoring the accounts of others. I'm not saying who is at fault, if anybody.

Agreed.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Did Fireball (AKA Pale Rider AKA The Cleanser) make it to Idaho last night and exact the justice that needed exacting?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just read the latest report from the Idaho Statesman. Here's what's been released so far:

The rancher was shot dead and a deputy slightly injured.
The rancher's wife's condition from her heart attack has been upgraded from critical to serious.
No info on the car's occupants has been released other than that they were flown to a trauma center.
It's unknown who killed the bull.
It's unknown how the argument started or how it escalated.
It's unknown who brandished a weapon or shot first.
We have 12 pages of posts condemning everyone and anyone based on only the above information.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager

Agreed.

I'm aboard with this , too.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

We have 12 pages of posts condemning everyone and anyone based on only the above information.

No, we have 12 pages of the usual suspects stirring crap and everybody else allowing them to show their ass.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I didn't condemn anybody. I leave that to Christians.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave

I didn't condemn anybody. I leave that to Christians.

Dave

Is that where "go to hell" came from?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Did Fireball (AKA Pale Rider AKA The Cleanser) make it to Idaho last night and exact the justice that needed exacting?

Dave

Not sure what his name was but I saw a guy headed down hwy 12 wearing a cape and mumbling something about changing his head gaskets about 8pm.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
now get in the damned box car,...etc.

This is some quality humor. I mean whether you're from the west, midwest or like...I dunno, Mindanao or wherever, the reader has to admit this is damned funny. lolol

Shut up and get in the oven.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I have not speculated anything, notwithstanding some knowledge, training and experience pertaining to police practices in a Wyoming farming and ranching setting and in the rules of evidence and the rationale behind them. While I could offer some perspective of some factors that may be relevant to the current situation, it still would not be necessarily be relevant to the exact fact situation of this case. The details reported on this thread are so sketchy, and the probative value of the “accounts” so unknown, that it just isn’t worth it wading into it after the lynch mob has formed.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yup try rounding up 5 horses at 2 in the morning.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell

No, we have 12 pages of the usual suspects stirring crap and everybody else allowing them to show their ass.
Personally, I haven't slept well since I saw the rape scene in Pulp Fiction in 1994.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I have not speculated anything, notwithstanding some knowledge, training and experience pertaining to police practices in a Wyoming farming and ranching setting and in the rules of evidence and the rationale behind them. While I could offer some perspective of some factors that may be relevant to the current situation, it still would not be necessarily be relevant to the exact fact situation of this case. The details reported on this thread are so sketchy, and the probative value of the “accounts” so unknown, that it just isn’t worth it wading into it after the lynch mob has formed.
That's swell. Thanks for sharing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Personally, I haven't slept well since I saw the rape scene in Pulp Fiction in 1994.

Surprised it wasn't the rape scene in Deliverance circa 1972 that caused the chronic insomnia.

wink

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 4ager

Surprised it wasn't the rape scene in Deliverance circa 1972 that caused the chronic insomnia.

wink

He keeps that for jack shack material

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
here is some thing that nobody has proposed , rancher is carring his gun ,wife beside him , he is close to the bull or standing over him cops comes up behind him and either say something or put a hand on his shoulder AUTOMATICLY he swings around gun swings with him , it's now pionted at the cop who gets wounded,

so as the rifle swings around [ ] fill in the blank.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I saw the censored TV version when I was a kid and didn't know what was going on. I can see where it would disturb you though since you do favor Ned Beatty.

Page 21 of 175 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 2003and2013, 63 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,961
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.