Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 175 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 174 175
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 4ager

Surprised it wasn't the rape scene in Deliverance circa 1972 that caused the chronic insomnia.

wink

That was my favorite comedy growing up.

Great flick.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

We have 12 pages of posts condemning everyone and anyone based on only the above information.

No, we have 12 pages of the usual suspects stirring crap and everybody else allowing them to show their ass.

If by "the usual suspects" you mean the same folks that can't wait to blame cops for all of society's problems and the "usual" past and present LEO's that rush in to defend their brothers in blue no matter what, then I agree with you 100%.

I'd just add that as with most of these pissing matches....the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's a sad situation all the way around. I can't help but 'guess' that there was a serious breakdown/lack of communication.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
You have two officers and a rancher all going to shoot the bull at the same time, and the bull moved!

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm on a roll as far as predictions.... the Royals winning the final game in extra innings and a bomb in the tail of the airliner that just crashed..... I'll offer THIS on the Rancher's death:

An Old Cowman wouldn't shoot ANYONE over a bull, or even threaten to.

If he thought a man was belittling him in front of his wife, or otherwise "pushing" him off a place he figured he had a right to be, doing something he thought he had a right to do, he ain't apt to show subservience to ANYBODY, even armed Deputies.

The "bull" is likely just a symbol.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It's a sad situation all the way around. I can't help but 'guess' that there was a serious breakdown/lack of communication.

Agreed.......I can't imagine how this thing went so wrong.......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I'm on a roll as far as predictions.... the Royals winning the final game in extra innings and a bomb in the tail of the airliner that just crashed..... I'll offer THIS on the Rancher's death:

If he thought a man was belittling him in front of his wife, or otherwise "pushing" him off a place he figured he had a right to be, doing something he thought he had a right to do, he ain't apt to show subservience to ANYBODY, even armed Deputies.

So, your guess is that boils down to dick-waving over a damned bull and an incident where emergency responders were dealing with two seriously injured people on a public road?

UFB.

How about we just wait for the actual facts to come out?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So, your guess is that boils down to dick-waving over a damned bull and an incident where emergency responders were dealing with two seriously injured people on a public road?

UFB.

How about you just let my words speak for themselves and quit playing "cross examination"?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm wondering if the rancher didn't want to shoot the Subaru driver, with the rainbow bumper sticker and all. smile

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

UFB.

How about you just let my words speak for themselves and quit playing "cross examination"?

That's exactly what I did; no cross examination necessary.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Please, let's not make this a Deliverance, Where are They now? thread.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"That's exactly what I did; no cross examination necessary."

"So, your guess is........".

Quit bothering me.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Laughing my ass off.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Gotta love Burt.

Clark

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"That's exactly what I did; no cross examination necessary."

"So, your guess is........".

Quit bothering me.

You did guess, since you don't know what happened any more than anyone else on here does.

Your words spoke for themselves.

If that bothers you, well...

Why the Hell you have your ass on your shoulders about every thread these days is beyond me. God forbid the thread involves a cop and anything at all you and a bunch of others can spin up guesses and conjecture about, or you're in there like a bunch of old women trying to "guess" and "imagine" your ways all the way to the truth in your own minds, without any facts at all.

Whatever happened is a damned tragedy for a small community of 4,000 people in a place none of us know or will ever know. Waiting for the facts won't kill any of us, though you're Hell bent on seeming that way. Heaven forbid that I actually bring that up; seems you're almost as horned up over anything I might post as anything a cop might possibly do. The reasons for that are just as vague.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by deflave

That was my favorite comedy growing up.

Great flick.

Dueling Banjos is prolly your ringtone.

Squeal Boy!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
From today's Idaho Statesman

BY KATY MOELLER
kmoelleridahostatesman.com

An officer-involved shooting that left a longtime Adams County rancher dead Sunday has shocked the community and brought a tidal wave of recriminations for the county’s small sheriff’s department.

The Adams County Sheriff’s Office has been bombarded with angry calls and hate mail from people upset by the shooting, which left 62-year-old Jack Yantis dead on U.S. 95 in front of his home north of Council.

Adams County Sheriff Ryan Zollman has lived in Council since 2000.
Adams County Sheriff Ryan Zollman said people in the office are being called “murderers” and said the calls coming in forced one emergency dispatcher to leave her post Tuesday. “She was so upset,” he said.

Yantis was one of two ranchers summoned Sunday night to a highway car crash that injured a bull; deputies were unsure whose animal it was, Zollman said. The bull was reportedly charging at first responders working to extricate two people from the Subaru station wagon that hit him.

As deputies prepared to kill the bull, Yantis showed up — with a rifle. What transpired to cause Yantis and the two deputies to all fire their weapons is under investigation by Idaho State Police. On Tuesday, ISP said that anyone who was in the area around the time of the shooting should contact them at 208-884-7110.

The community is roiling with speculation, with many using social media sites to swap theories about what happened.

“Some of the comments on there are pretty negative towards what we try to do,” Zollman said. “They say time heals all wounds. This wound will be a festering wound for not weeks, or months, but years or decades.”

The department’s head dispatcher has arranged for a crisis management team to provide support to the Sheriff’s Office.

“We’re all going to get through this,” Zollman said.

UPDATE ON VICTIMS

Yantis’ wife, Donna, who reportedly suffered a heart attack after hearing about the shooting, was listed in serious condition Wednesday morning at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise. She had previously been listed in critical condition. A hospital spokesman said Wednesday that the family has asked that no more status updates be released to the media.

The names of the Subaru driver and passenger, a man and woman who were transported by air ambulance from Council to Boise, have not been released by police, and their medical condition has not been disclosed.

One of the two deputies involved in the shooting suffered minor injuries, according to Idaho State Police. The names of the deputies and how long they have worked for the department have not been released.

Zollman said the Yantis family and the deputies are grieving.

“They are pretty upset and distraught,” the sheriff said.

Adams County Coroner Susan Warner could not be reached Wednesday. An autopsy on Yantis was conducted by a pathologist in Boise, Ada County Coroner Dotti Owens said. The results will be sent to the Adams County coroner in four to six weeks, she said.

The bull eventually was shot but it’s unclear who put the animal down, Zollman said.

“When I arrived on scene, it was dead by the side of the road,” he said.

‘PEOPLE BEING PEOPLE’

The dark storm clouds that hung over Council this week were almost a reflection of the human drama unfolding below.

“It’s a supreme tragedy,” Council Schools Superintendent Murray Dalgleish said. “It’s a tragedy for the town. It’s a tragedy for the families. It’s inexplicable, and you’re trying to find some rationality. This is difficult, very difficult.

“There are so many unresolved questions.”

Grief counselors were made available to students on Monday, he said.

One of Yantis’ friends said in a television interview that the community has had longstanding issues with the Sheriff’s Office. Zollman was elected in 2012.

“Zollman is new to the job. People being people, they already blame him for being one thing or another,” said Dale Fisk, a Council native and editor of the Adams County Record newspaper. “I don’t think there’s any movement or people having a hard-core vendetta ... It’s a small town, a sheriff is always a target of anybody’s gripes.

“I don’t think there’s been any longstanding animosity.”

Fisk is very familiar with Yantis. Just a year apart in age, the men both grew up near Fruitvale, north of Council.

“We grew up on cattle ranches a mile apart,” said Fisk, 63.

Fisk, who said he had not seen Yantis much in the past few years, called him a progressive rancher who was using state-of-the-art technologies to maximize herd genetics.

Yantis was also an expert logger, according to friend Buck Rekow.

“Jack was probably about the best faller in this part of the country. The Forest Service still came to him to deal with problem trees,” said Rekow, a 36-year-old Emmett man who got to know Yantis while working for his son-in-law about a decade ago.

Rekow said he admired the way Yantis lived.

“He made his living from the ground and the woods,” Rekow said. “What he didn’t raise, he shot. He was an avid outdoorsman. He had a great deal of skill and knowledge about life on the farm and in the woods. That is truly an example of what an Idahoan should be.”

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/article43045458.html#storylink=cpy

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Maybe the bull charged and in the ensuing chaos everyone tried to shoot the bull, and more than the bull was shot?

hmmm hadn't seen this theory floated yet. More fun to spin it into typical campfire ridiculousness

MAGA
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by cv540
Just to clarify, no I dont think just showing up armed is a problem. I dont think open carry is a problem. If anything in any of my previous posts could be misconstrewed that way, I should have been clearer.

At some point it went beyond that. Exactly how, or whose fault it was no one here really knows. I think it unlikely he was shot when he got the rifle out to shoot the bull, doesnt fit.

I think it likely he was shot because he either pointed the rifle at the officers to prevent them from putting the bull down, or discharged it to accomplish the same thing. To me that fits better. To others, maybe not.

Guns arent bad, acting stupidly with guns has consequences, sometimes higher than others

I think this fellows actions caused his own death. I could be wrong, but that is my read. I have sympathy for his friends and family, not for him, I think it likely he was a fool.

I wont insult you for disagreeing. Make your point, maybe back it up with your reasoning, and defend your position.

Or insult and call names if that is all you have.

Are you a FIB by chance?

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Maybe the bull charged and in the ensuing chaos everyone tried to shoot the bull, and more than the bull was shot?

hmmm hadn't seen this theory floated yet. More fun to spin it into typical campfire ridiculousness

As likely as any theory at this stage...

Page 22 of 175 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (01Foreman400, 2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,465
Posts18,489,854
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.