[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Ritter says he feared something like this would happen.

"I guess I wasn't surprised that eventually something like that happened because there's been a fair amount of bad feelings towards law enforcement in that county for quite some time now," said Ritter.

Quadruple Guilty!

Kent

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
When they asked for two deputies to go shoot the bull, these two F'g nitwits misunderstood and so volunteered.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pal
When they asked for two deputies to go shoot the bull, these two F'g nitwits misunderstood and so volunteered.

LOL. Like that ship Captain in Alaska who ordered “Tanqueray on the rocks” and the helmsman who thought he meant “tanker on the rocks.”

Last edited by Cheyenne; 11/05/15.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I think it is interesting that we see nothing about this incident on the mainstream media outlets. I hope this isn't just because the victim wasn't (a) black, (b)a drug dealer or pimp, (c)wearing a hoody.
I'm kind of pro-wildlife and anti-cow but I can't help but side with Yantis here. In a way, this is a bit of a sign of the times.
I was involved in a situation many years ago where I was awakened in the middle of the night by my dog going crazy. I got up and went out the door carrying an old Krag rifle. For whatever reason, a deputy sheriff was in the area and rolled up and suggested I hand over the rifle. I suggested he mind his own business, everything was under control. In the end, the deputy rolled up his window and drove away. Today, under the same circumstances, I would be lucky to get away with only being tazered. That particular deputy and I had a bit of history and I think he showed restraint and a sensible attitude. He is one of those people from my past to whom I owe an apology. By the way, this was in Idaho too.
Anyway, I really hope we can get the whole story but doubt that the story which comes out will not be given a significant amount of spin; regardless of the source. GD

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm not considered a rancher, but I have raised a lot of cows and a few horses in my life, and I've been to a couple of cow/horse/car collisions. I can't imagine that a rancher, that has dealt with cattle his entire life, shows up at a scene where one of his bulls had been hit, and just gets so aggressive with law enforcement that they feel the need to shoot him. None of us know the facts yet, but I'd put money that if the truth comes out, and that's a big "if", a couple a yahoo's shot a man that didn't need to be shot.

Last edited by mirage243; 11/05/15.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by greydog
I think it is interesting that we see nothing about this incident on the mainstream media outlets. I hope this isn't just because the victim wasn't (a) black, (b)a drug dealer or pimp, (c)wearing a hoody.
I'm kind of pro-wildlife and anti-cow but I can't help but side with Yantis here. In a way, this is a bit of a sign of the times.
I was involved in a situation many years ago where I was awakened in the middle of the night by my dog going crazy. I got up and went out the door carrying an old Krag rifle. For whatever reason, a deputy sheriff was in the area and rolled up and suggested I hand over the rifle. I suggested he mind his own business, everything was under control. In the end, the deputy rolled up his window and drove away. Today, under the same circumstances, I would be lucky to get away with only being tazered. That particular deputy and I had a bit of history and I think he showed restraint and a sensible attitude. He is one of those people from my past to whom I owe an apology. By the way, this was in Idaho too.
Anyway, I really hope we can get the whole story but doubt that the story which comes out will not be given a significant amount of spin; regardless of the source. GD

"I'm kind of pro-wildlife and anti-cow"

Until....it comes to the want of a good ribeye!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Rancher made his reputation. I'd be a fool not to go by it.

Rural Deputies have made their reputation,generically speaking, with me. I'd be a fool not to go by it.

There's also this: In LEO shootings where the Officers are blameless, all the evidence supporting that conclusion is released before the blood is dried.

When L.E. releases a bare minimum of information on the event, even after several days, we almost always find that their actions are questionable at best, criminal at worst.

As far as YOU are concerned.... you ain't that important to me.

You are akin to a pesky mosquito.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570

There's also this: In LEO shootings where the Officers are blameless, all the evidence supporting that conclusion is released before the blood is dried.

B.S.

You have documented the times that this has happened?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

B.S.

You have documented the times that this has happened?

Have you documented the times where it DIDN'T work out that way?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Rancher made his reputation. I'd be a fool not to go by it.

Rural Deputies have made their reputation,generically speaking, with me. I'd be a fool not to go by it.

When L.E. releases a bare minimum of information on the event, even after several days, we almost always find that their actions are questionable at best, criminal at worst.

As far as YOU are concerned.... you ain't that important to me.

You are akin to a pesky mosquito.

You're guessing again, Gene; exactly what you admonished others for doing.

You don't "know" that ranchers reputation any more than you "know" the deputies involved, or anything else about that area. You sure as Hell don't know any more facts than anyone else here.

Your history with cops is what it is, but you conveniently leave out every bit of it that you might have done or any parts about why exactly your were stopped and arrested multiple times over. That schit gets old, and it's no mystery either.

You make every thread on cops all about you and how you were "done wrong", and always you were a "dindonuffin" (which is false). God forbid I comment, as you immediately make it about me instead of anything else. Why? I haven't a clue.

But, at least you're consistent and never need any facts, right?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Matter of fact, I can think of TWO high profile cases where L.E. released BOGUS info immediately after the shootings. Info that they later had to correct.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Matter of fact, I can think of TWO high profile cases where L.E. released BOGUS info immediately after the shootings. Info that they later had to correct.

Betcha that can be matched by at least as many where "eyewitnesses" released BS that was against both law enforcement and facts as well.

Thus the reason to WAIT until the facts are in; as in, after the investigation. Works better than guessing.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"You make every thread on cops all about you and how you were "done wrong", and always you were a "dindonuffin" (which is false). God forbid I comment, as you immediately make it about me instead of anything else. Why? I haven't a clue."

You are a damned Liar and the proof is in this thread.

And I'm done with you.......... again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"You make every thread on cops all about you and how you were "done wrong", and always you were a "dindonuffin" (which is false). God forbid I comment, as you immediately make it about me instead of anything else. Why? I haven't a clue."

You are a damned Liar and the proof is in this thread.

And I'm done with you.......... again.

You're right; the proof is in the thread. Be careful about wanting the same to paint someone as a liar, though. That picture might not turn out how you think it will.

I'm not calling you a liar, and in fact I can't recall ever calling you an insult, but I will let your own words and posts thanks for themselves, just like you wanted them to do in an earlier comment.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That was the Ferguson shooting, right?

Oops, wait a minute...

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
...In LEO shootings where the Officers are blameless, all the evidence supporting that conclusion is released before the blood is dried.

When L.E. releases a bare minimum of information on the event, even after several days, we almost always find that their actions are questionable at best...

In this case LE have gone so far as to publicly ask for any witnesses when they know good and well the names and addresses of every single individual present. Like they are so confused as to what happened that they're really hoping someone they couldn't see had observed the incident, so they could get at the real truth. crazy And no dash cam footage. Come on.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pal
...In LEO shootings where the Officers are blameless, all the evidence supporting that conclusion is released before the blood is dried.

When L.E. releases a bare minimum of information on the event, even after several days, we almost always find that their actions are questionable at best...

In this case LE have gone so far as to publicly ask for any witnesses when they know good and well the names and addresses of every single individual present. Like they are so confused as to what happened that they're really hoping someone they couldn't see had observed the incident, so they could get at the real truth. crazy And no dash cam footage. Come on.

You know that SO of 10 officers has dash cams? You know there were no other cars in the area or turning around at any roadblock?

Or, is that just more guessing?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

That was the Ferguson shooting, right?

Oops, wait a minute...

Jose Guerno in Tucson. Swat claimed he fired at them. Next day they admitted his rifle was still on "Safe".

The 72 YO Homeowner in Ft Worth the two rookie cops shot when THEY were at the wrong address. Initial claim was that he was killed in his DETACHED garage after they saw lights in it. It took a week before they admitted that he was only a couple steps outside his backdoor, which opened into his ATTACHED garage........ basically an extension of his home.

FYI.... I supported the cop in the Ferguson shooting since it was IMMEDIATELY reported that the guy's blood was found INSIDE the cruiser.

You need to quit believing everything 4ager says about other members.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't jump into the cop bashing threads mainly because I'm a Kentuckian and the police here generally behave in a manner that I deem appropriate. In many ways Kentucky is a closed society and the police in Kentucky are a part of it.

But this one sounds like a stinker.

I'd say that small rural communities need to make a special effort to comprise their police force from members of the community.

Doing so would go a long way towards eliminating situations like this.

In the big cities, you've got big city stuff and the police are necessarily going to have to be hard asses to do what they're called upon to do. Occasionally, bad things are going to happen as a result of that.

But these little rural communities need to work hard and pay what it costs to have police who understand the society,..who know that society that they're working in, and to react in an appropriate manner.

Page 23 of 175 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (2500HD, 1936M71, 219 Wasp, 257 roberts, 219DW, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,413 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,489
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.