-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see there is not a lot of 110 Accubond replies. That's what I use over R-22. Will try R-25 after that runs out. Killed a lot of whitetails and 1 Black Bear with the NABs and have no reason to switch.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by rost495
have shot a lot of deer with 100 ttsx and RL22.

Have 80s here, never found the need to test yet.

Good news to hear about Etips... I bought a bunch for a 7 mag once... and they shot for crap... I figured no grooves same as old X some just would not shoot...

Maybe I can use them in the 284 now if it maybe wasn't the gun.

Or maybe they've changed a bit.

RE case capacity, don't know that, but do know that 257 brass was HARD to come by but having a bag of 7 Rem Mag brass handy just ran it into the 257 die and life has been fine...

I haven't seen anything that works better than RL22 and the 100TTSX

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
This threads timing was perfect. I got a 257 Bee coming my way next week. Can't wait. Going to be a loooong week.

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Another vote for the 110 Accubonds. Interbonds would be up there as well. I've had good luck with them in a couple of 25-06's.
The ballistic tips might be a bit too damaging for closer shots on whitetails.
I've taken two elk with 120 partitions and the 25-06, but, both were under 100 yards.

Support your local Friends of NRA - supporting Youth Shooting Sports for more than 20 years.

Neither guns nor Liberals have a brain.

Whatever you do, Pay it Forward. - Kids are the future of the hunting and shooting world.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Jeff,

I've encountered a couple of rifles that simply would not shoot E-Tips, and assumed there was some problem with bullet/bore diameters. But usually E-Tips shoot very well, and if initial accuracy is OK but not spectacular they can often be made to shoot well by seating 'em deeper.

Nosler did add a single groove at the front end of the shank a couple-three years ago. I haven't shot enough of those to come to any firm conclusions, but so far they have been accurate. But so were the non-grooved E-Tips in the vast majority of rifles I tried them in.

The E-Tips I'm loading in my .257 Weatherby are some of the originals without the groove, as I got a bunch of them early on. When they run out I'm sure the single-groove bullet will also shoot well.

I believe a lot of the problem with the early Barnes X's was caused by inconsistent copper, along with inconsistent manufacturing--which could also be affected by inconistent copper. During the last few years of the solid-shank X's I was getting good to to spectacular accuracy from 'em in my rifles.

Have also encountered the occasional rifle that would not shoot TSX's.

Had a 22-250 that would not shoot X at all..... 12 plus inches at 100... shot everything else sub moa.... I decided I needed a 308 MTU contour rifle anyway.... LOL

I will give the Etips a go in the 284 with a Rock tube, if it wont' shoot in that gun, guess I won't try em any furhter.

Gun would not shoot em had a douglas tube. Last one I'll ever own for various reasons. You could not get close to the throat engagtemnt. Next tests in that gun will be 195 bergers, then may decide it really is the barrel...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by jstevens
I haven't seen anything that works better than RL22 and the 100TTSX

+1 mine likes this combo as well

I once visited a place where BBQ was a verb, Canadian whiskey was the norm and no sweet tea on the menu. Hell on earth for a Southern boy!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have killed two bull elk with the Barnes 100 gr TSX from my 257 STW and both never moved from their tracks, just dropped. It works great at mach speed.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
W
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Thanks for all the responses. Its been a big help. Now comes the fun part! smile
I was bustin rocks at 325yds the mornin before last and just lovin how fast and flat this gun is. Cant wait to get it out there.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1minute, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 1800topsoil, 64 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,692
Posts18,494,126
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.