Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 175 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 174 175
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by DINK
How does a county of 4000 hire people that aren't local? Surely they can't afford to pay good enough to have officers moved there.

Dink

I was discussing this with a friend who owns property just two miles north of where this incident occured. He does not reside on the property, but spends about half of his weekends, vacation, and holidays there. He is friends with several full time residents of the same area, and has spoken with Jack Yantis on several occasions.

The brunt of our conversation was: Where does Adams County get their deputies. He stated that most are hired right out of academy. Adams County pay scale is too low to attract any seasoned officers, and pretty much excludes the cream of the academy crop.

That said, we still do not know the names of the deputies involved or any of their particulars.

I was informed of information online from an eye witness in the next car behind the Subaru. I have not been able to find this via internet search and would surely appreciate any one who could point me to it.

But this account apparently backs up the statement by Rowdy Paradis.

A couple of facts I have been able to ascertain. The bull was struck within a few tens of yards from Jack Yantis's barn. Jack and his wife had very little distance to travel to the scene. It was practically in their front yard.

I understand there are two eyewitness accounts that Jack never pointed his weapon at the deputies. One account, I have been told, states that Jack actually shot the bull. And was killed immediately after.

A couple of other items which I find disturbing: It has been several days and we have yet to hear the nature of one deputy's "wound". Nowhere has it been stated that Jack wounded the deputy, and I think that would have been stated if true.

The second item is the nature in which the sheriff stated that Jack's wife became ill after being informed of the death. The sheriff intentionally leads us to believe she was not on the scene.

It appears the sheriff is making factual statements, but making them in such a way as to lead his audience into untruthful conclusions.

I have believed the police mindset which might have led these deputies to over react and murder this rancher only existed in Chicago, Los Angeles, and other such schitholes of humanity.

I had a difficult time believing that this played out this way in rural Idaho, with the cops in egregious error. But it certainly appears that the facts are beginning to come out and it is not looking good for the Adams County deputies.

I sincerely doubt the sheriff will be sheriff after the next election cycle. And if the Adams County Prosecutor does not hang these two deputies out to dry, his job will not survive the election cycle either.

Good God...

I truly hope that isn't the case, only because if it is true then that community is going to be further ripped apart than it already is and the families involved will suffer far more than they already have.

Idaho_Shooter, thanks for doing the very unpleasant task you're doing.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
it is not looking good for the Adams County deputies.

not looking real shiny on this "forum", either.

There's more than a few posting here that have driven between Wieser and McCall, and KNOW that area and her people.

TRUST them,...they will get through this, absent help from distant and dissonant help, or advice.

GTC

I pray you're right, GTC.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Keep going, we've almost come full circle. I will try not to rub everyone's nose in it.

BTW, 4ager, do you ever get out of the house?

Your first line says a Hell of a lot about you and what you find important in all this.

As to the second - going hunting (again) this weekend and have likely already spent more hours afield chasing game this fall than you have, since you asked but not that it matters.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
JFYI:

I'm getting a lot of calls concerning my cousin Jack's murder Sunday. Google your favorite news station and get the news story; just type in Jack Yantis, every station in the country is reporting it! The problem is, they're just reporting the Idaho State Police's version and it's very misleading. The news reports said there was an altercation between Jack and the cops before Jack was shot. It turns out that the disagreement stemmed from Jack insisting that the bull be killed in such a way that the family could use the meat. Jack's wife Donna and her nephew were with him when he was murdered and Donna was also roughed up, had a massive heart attack, and was life flighted to Boise where she remains in critical condition. I've read several first hand accounts and they are all the same. The bull was hit, the cops called Jack and asked him to come take care of things. Jack took his rifle, in case he needed to shoot the bull, and hurried to the crash area. The deputies had already shot the bull with a pistol before Jack got there but it didn't kill it. They argued and Jack was shot four times in the chest and once in the belly. The deputies are now on a paid vacation.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like to think I take a balanced, open minded view on any subject that comes up here I say that because the relatives/eye witness accounts just seem to be too "incredible" and beggars belief that LEO's could behave that way.

Had this been "just" a tragic accident, it would still be bad, but no wonder the family is in deep trauma if the events outlined are true and accurate..

All in all very sad, and I hope for all those involved that a clear and transparent investigation takes place which results in an appropriate outcome...

IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Keep going, we've almost come full circle. I will try not to rub everyone's nose in it.

Are you [bleep] serious?

Because if you are you are one ungodly piece of [bleep].

A man dies under these circumstances, and ultimately it comes down to whether or not you were right and whether you will rub people's noses in it? People whose only concern was to wait on the facts.

If you're not serious, then you are an ungodly piece of [bleep], just the same.

Nice that you treat it like a game.

Put your wife back on the account. At least she seemed a little more grounded in what really matters.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by iddave
Originally Posted by deflave
Dave,

Can you tell me what a "washed out big city cop" is?

Dave

Dave,

I cannot.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the response, Dave.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RWE

Put your wife back on the account. At least she seemed a little more grounded in what really matters.

Now THAT was a great thread.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE

Are you [bleep] serious?

A man dies under these circumstances, and ultimately it comes down to whether or not you were right and whether you will rub people's noses in it? People whose only concern was to wait on the facts.

Fireball can fight his own battles, but you berating somebody over essentially not taking a thread seriously is just rich as hell.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by RWE

Are you [bleep] serious?

Fireball can fight his own battles, but you berating somebody over essentially not taking a thread seriously is just rich as hell.

Right.

There's a time and a place for levity.

Harnessing a man's death on remote Idaho asphalt as a tool to private satisfaction is bullshit.

The fact that you can't see that difference speaks loads about you.

This ain't Kansas.

(levity added, just for you...)

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well, now that stuff is starting to come out, the guys that believe no cop ever did wrong will bash the guy that called bullsheit on the cops, rather than bashing the cops. Same story, different thread. If Jack was wrong and deserved to be shot, so be it, if the cops were wrong, and Jack died because of it, then those two deserve to die. We all know that will never happen, and a lot of you will still support them no matter how wrong they turn out to be.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RWE

Are you [bleep] serious?

Right.

Harnessing a man's death on remote Idaho asphalt as a tool to private satisfaction is bullshit.

This ain't Kansas.

I've seen you yuck it up on other threads that were as somber as this one and you probably did on this one too, although I usually just skip your posts. Adding that it's not Kansas alluding to your recent successful troll pretty much says how seriously you take any of this. Personally, I don't care because I know you're a dickweasling idiot anyway. I just wanted to point out for the audience how much of a hypocrite you are.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes Greg, I am one of those.

I passed by Jack's barn three hours before the accident occured.

I hate pointing fingers at the cops. They are doing a tough job for little compensation. At least that is true of small town police and deputies around here.

I almost bought a shop in Weiser once, it's hard to countenance it being almost a quarter century ago
...spent more than a fair bit of time just hanging out in that general area,...and ran the road up to McCall MANY times. Strikes me that I remarked about folks were driving TOO FAST, at that time. Can't imagine that anybody slowed down much,....

We've been told that a "never back down" attitude is (in some circles) an outmoded, and somehow FROWNED UPON attitude.

I'll only comment that I've never seen it more strongly reflected in a nicer bunch of solid folks than those I met , during that all too brief sojourn there.

Can't see Cochise County as being a whole lot different, either.

There's something VERY wrong when hard working folks start to feel "cornered"

I'd have said / posted little or nothing here,...were it not for getting a strong whiff of the sort that aspire to corner.

Best for them that they realize that their smell can't wash off, and that their time's drawing to a close.

GTC

A real good post, followed by an excellent response.

"Not backing down", and "feeling cornered" are especially apropos to a LOT of these "bad" L E encounters, I'm thinking.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Yes Greg, I am one of those.

I passed by Jack's barn three hours before the accident occured.

I hate pointing fingers at the cops. They are doing a tough job for little compensation. At least that is true of small town police and deputies around here.

I almost bought a shop in Weiser once, it's hard to countenance it being almost a quarter century ago
...spent more than a fair bit of time just hanging out in that general area,...and ran the road up to McCall MANY times. Strikes me that I remarked about folks were driving TOO FAST, at that time. Can't imagine that anybody slowed down much,....

We've been told that a "never back down" attitude is (in some circles) an outmoded, and somehow FROWNED UPON attitude.

I'll only comment that I've never seen it more strongly reflected in a nicer bunch of solid folks than those I met , during that all too brief sojourn there.

Can't see Cochise County as being a whole lot different, either.

There's something VERY wrong when hard working folks start to feel "cornered"

I'd have said / posted little or nothing here,...were it not for getting a strong whiff of the sort that aspire to corner.

Best for them that they realize that their smell can't wash off, and that their time's drawing to a close.

GTC

A real good post, followed by an excellent response.

"Not backing down", and "feeling cornered" are especially apropos to a LOT of these "bad" L E encounters, I'm thinking.
Now Gene, take this serious and don't be speculating. You know we got to wait until all the "facts" are made up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The brunt of our conversation was: Where does Adams County get their deputies. He stated that most are hired right out of academy. Adams County pay scale is too low to attract any seasoned officers, and pretty much excludes the cream of the academy crop.

We have this same problem in rural Arkansas and get a lot of Barney Fife's along with a few good ones. Most of the Barney's don't last long, but are usually replaced with the same kind. The State Police seem to be good at weeding these out, even though their pay scale is not what it should be. The larger towns seem to have less problems with this that do the smaller ones. More available money seems to be the answer. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Exactly who asked for facts to be "made up", EE?

There were - myself included - some folks who asked to wait until the facts were known before jumping to conclusions. What, exactly, would or has that hurt? Perhaps a few feelings for not being able to say "toldja so" right off the bat (though that seems to be the case now).

As it is, one family has lost a man already, an entire community is being torn apart, if the things coming out now are true then two other families should be dealing with their sons on trial for murder, and somehow this is grounds for people to be congratulating themselves and "rubbing others noses in it" for being "right" vs people who wanted to wait for facts to come out?

Think about that for a second - wtf is wrong with us? Yes, I said "us".

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RWE

Are you [bleep] serious?

Right.

This ain't Kansas.

I've seen you yuck it up on other threads that were as somber as this one and you probably did on this one too, although I usually just skip your posts. Adding that it's not Kansas alluding to your recent successful troll pretty much says how seriously you take any of this. Personally, I don't care because I know you're a dickweasling idiot anyway. I just wanted to point out for the audience how much of a hypocrite you are.

I take it serious enough to wait for the facts. In the interim, I can't take you and the other "fist raised against tyranny" sabre rattlers seriously, mainly because of your lockstep initial condemnation of everything involving "the man"

Having a few yuks in the middle of a "somber thread" sure isn't close to making it all about who's right in the end, which ultimately, is what you, and the rest are concerned with - keeping score.

And it won't matter once its all said and done if the cops are at fault, because unlike the others who are crying for a lynching, all I ask is that they are treated in accordance with the fullest extent of the law, so I'll still be an ass.

If it turns out any different, then the facts are "made up", right? Or you've already planted the seed that Idaho State Police are fact hiding jack boots. Righteous move.

Pick another fictional movie character as a screen name and continue to fight the good fight.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My prediction is that this thread will become very quiet in the next few days, probably gonna get more and more no shows from here on out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It seems more and more likely that Mrs. Yantis WAS at the scene.

That's adding tragedy on top of tragedy.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager
Exactly who asked for facts to be "made up", EE?

There were - myself included - some folks who asked to wait until the facts were known before jumping to conclusions. What, exactly, would or has that hurt? Perhaps a few feelings for not being able to say "toldja so" right off the bat (though that seems to be the case now).

Think about that for a second - wtf is wrong with us? Yes, I said "us".
I can't stop speculating if I haven't speculated in the first place. I just posted some info I found. But if I decide to speculate, I will.

As far as what is wrong with us? There is nothing wrong with me. I can't speak for you. I would suggest that you not worry so much about what others are posting, that might help.

I didn't make any predictions about how this will all shake out and won't be saying, "I told you so," and wouldn't have if I had. It's just not how I roll.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 11/05/15.
Page 29 of 175 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 62 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,460
Posts18,489,808
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.