Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 175 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 174 175
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
It seems more and more likely that Mrs. Yantis WAS at the scene.

That's adding tragedy on top of tragedy.
The info thus far certainly seems to indicate that the cops didn't just cause the heart attack by killing her husband but actually put their hands on her.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mirage243
My prediction is that this thread will become very quiet in the next few days, probably gonna get more and more no shows from here on out.

You mean when the facts that some folks were advocating to wait for start coming out?

Do you feel "vindicated" because you were "right" and this incident is shaping up to among the worst possible scenarios, or because you jumped to that conclusion?

I'll ask the question again: wtf is wrong with us?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

The info thus far certainly seems to indicate that the cops didn't just cause the heart attack by killing her husband but actually put their hands on her.

If that's the case, and God I hope not, then try them for first degree murder and attempted murder.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

If that's the case, and God I hope not, then try them for first degree murder and attempted murder.

I seen an unconfirmed report that they had cuffed the family members that came with the deceased, but at the time, along with a lot of other research I've done, I didn't gossip it out.

Contrary to popular belief, I actually research as much as I can on this stuff, knowing that the last sheriff election was a real contest, with a spoiler 3rd candidate possibly causing the difference, and that a number of people quit when the incumbent was not re-elected, possibly causing the need for new hires.

I noticed that some reported issues with the department were actually from the previous sheriff, and not with the current one; and that for a small population, the department has a big concern with child exploitation, as far as education and other training. Odd.

But then again, I'm just a cop suck up according to Gene, and others, and not really interested in what really happened...

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
From a local resident...Well, it's already been confirmed that the dash cam that was there wasn't on.. so there's another issue to add.

Imagine that!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by logcutter
From a local resident...Well, it's already been confirmed that the dash cam that was there wasn't on.. so there's another issue to add.

Imagine that!
Yeah...imagine.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Imagine that!

There were two cops, were they in the same car?

Seems odd with as much area as there is that they have people doubled up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"I can't stop speculating if I haven't speculated in the first place. I just posted some info I found. But if I decide to speculate, I will."

These are the same members who are so quick to speculate about the victims of cop shootings. These in the present conversation will be quick to point out that they, personally, didn't do the following, but the mindset is the same:

Speculated that Jose Guerno's widow wuld go to the pen for drug dealing. [She was awarded 2.4 million for the wrongful death shooting by Tucson SWAT Team of her former Marine husband.]

Speculated that the Ft Worth Homeowner was at fault when two rookie cops at the wrong address shot him dead, because,"He knew they were cops because of the flashing lights on their cruiser, so he had no business coming out of his front door with a revolver in hand". [The cops were on foot, in his backyard, and his wife saw their flashlights. He stepped into his attached garage and was raising the door when they killed him.]

One would think that Ruby Ridge and Waco would have opened people's eyes as to the propensity to "cover up" by L E when they screw up, but "sheeple" still abound.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Might have been doubled up to help deal with livestock...just a guess.

Rough stuff all the way around. IMHO, the only situation I can imagine the officers being justified was if the rancher pointed the rifle at one of them. ...but I'm doing nothing but guessing...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"I can't stop speculating if I haven't speculated in the first place. I just posted some info I found. But if I decide to speculate, I will."

These are the same members who are so quick to speculate about the victims of cop shootings. These in the present conversation will be quick to point out that they, personally, didn't do the following, but the mindset is the same:

Speculated that Jose Guerno's widow wuld go to the pen for drug dealing. [She was awarded 2.4 million for the wrongful death shooting by Tucson SWAT Team of her former Marine husband.]

Speculated that the Ft Worth Homeowner was at fault when two rookie cops at the wrong address shot him dead, because,"He knew they were cops because of the flashing lights on their cruiser, so he had no business coming out of his front door with a revolver in hand". [The cops were on foot, in his backyard, and his wife saw their flashlights. He stepped into his attached garage and was raising the door when they killed him.]

One would think that Ruby Ridge and Waco would have opened people's eyes as to the propensity to "cover up" by L E when they screw up, but "sheeple" still abound.

Which members are you talking about, Gene? Don't be coy.

If there's someone who thinks the cops didn't screw the pooch and commit all manner of crimes at Waco and Ruby Ridge, they need their damned heads examined. Not sure how that relates to actually waiting for facts to come out before passing judgment, though.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"But then again, I'm just a cop suck up according to Gene, and others, and not really interested in what really happened..."

Actually, I had you pegged as a cop, but wasn't sure, so added the second option. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

I don't know that but I do know, it is common practice for reserve officers to ride with a patrol officer.These smaller communities rely on reserve officers often.In McCall as an example,they ride with the duty officers for training and experience before going to POST if that is there goal..They also patrol on the 4th of July with the regular officers and are certified with a firearm/hand to hand etc.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Imagine that!
Yeah...imagine.
Suspicious indeed.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"But then again, I'm just a cop suck up according to Gene, and others, and not really interested in what really happened..."

Actually, I had you pegged as a cop, but wasn't sure, so added the second option. grin

ex-public servant.

I got tired of dealing with dipshits, and not having the latitude to call them that when applicable.

Luckily, I have the internet now...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My prediction is that this thread will become very quiet in the next few days, probably gonna get more and more no shows from here on out.

You mean when the facts that some folks were advocating to wait for start coming out?

Do you feel "vindicated" because you were "right" and this incident is shaping up to among the worst possible scenarios, or because you jumped to that conclusion?

I answered that with an edit to the other post, but to summarize, there is nothing wrong with me. As to you, I wouldn't want to speculate. lol

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't know that but I do know, it is common practice for reserve officers to ride with a patrol officer.These smaller communities rely on reserve officers often.

Got it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

No sir, I don't feel vindicated at all, I feel sorry for the man and his family. I do believe there are some posters on this thread that would refuse to feel the same way as I do for him, because they believe that a "Officer of the Law" could do any wrong.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I don't know that but I do know, it is common practice for reserve officers to ride with a patrol officer.These smaller communities rely on reserve officers often.In McCall as an example,they ride with the duty officers for training and experience before going to POST if that is there goal..They also patrol on the 4th of July with the regular officers and are certified with a firearm/hand to hand etc.
A Reserve Officer in Tulsa was charged after he killed a guy by shooting him when he supposedly thought he was going for his Taser. I don't remember if it has been mentioned much on here. The Tulsa County Sheriff was forced to resign basically over that and related incidents and is under indictment for two misdemeanors. There were other incidents of misconduct besides the indictments though. Oklahoma is pro-law enforcement, so you know this isn't just bs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No sir, I don't feel vindicated at all, I feel sorry for the man and his family. I do believe there are some posters on this thread that would refuse to feel the same way as I do for him, because they believe that a "Officer of the Law" could do any wrong.

I believe everyone shares the same opinion on the former. I hope you're wrong about the latter; certainly can't understand who that might be or why they'd feel that way - or why you'd think that of them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I answered that with an edit to the other post, but to summarize, there is nothing wrong with me. As to you, I wouldn't want to speculate. lol

Yes, let's not forget your Perfection.

JFC...

Page 30 of 175 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,465
Posts18,489,854
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.