Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 31 of 175 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 174 175
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by logcutter
There were two cops, were they in the same car?

Seems odd with as much area as there is that they have people doubled up.

I don't know that but I do know, it is common practice for reserve officers to ride with a patrol officer.These smaller communities rely on reserve officers often.In McCall as an example,they ride with the duty officers for training and experience before going to POST if that is there goal..They also patrol on the 4th of July with the regular officers and are certified with a firearm/hand to hand etc.
A Reserve Officer in Tulsa was charged after he killed a guy by shooting him when he supposedly thought he was going for his Taser. I don't remember if it has been mentioned much on here. The Tulsa County Sheriff was forced to resign basically over that and related incidents and is under indictment for two misdemeanors. There were other incidents of misconduct besides the indictments though. Oklahoma is pro-law enforcement, so you know this isn't just bs.

I recall hearing about that one. F'k up of epic proportions.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If Jack would have shot and killed them that dash cam would have been on. I can't figure out how that always works that way.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"I can't stop speculating if I haven't speculated in the first place. I just posted some info I found. But if I decide to speculate, I will."

These are the same members who are so quick to speculate about the victims of cop shootings. These in the present conversation will be quick to point out that they, personally, didn't do the following, but the mindset is the same:

Speculated that Jose Guerno's widow wuld go to the pen for drug dealing. [She was awarded 2.4 million for the wrongful death shooting by Tucson SWAT Team of her former Marine husband.]

Speculated that the Ft Worth Homeowner was at fault when two rookie cops at the wrong address shot him dead, because,"He knew they were cops because of the flashing lights on their cruiser, so he had no business coming out of his front door with a revolver in hand". [The cops were on foot, in his backyard, and his wife saw their flashlights. He stepped into his attached garage and was raising the door when they killed him.]

One would think that Ruby Ridge and Waco would have opened people's eyes as to the propensity to "cover up" by L E when they screw up, but "sheeple" still abound.

Which members are you talking about, Gene? Don't be coy.

If there's someone who thinks the cops didn't screw the pooch and commit all manner of crimes at Waco and Ruby Ridge, they need their damned heads examined. Not sure how that relates to actually waiting for facts to come out before passing judgment, though.
I can think of a number of adjectives to describe Curdog, but "coy" is not one of them. I find it difficult to believe you don't know who he is talking about, but if you really don't and wish to, just look back at some of his posts and all the name-calling and mocking that he's endured-specifically on threads dealing with those two incidents.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mirage243
If Jack would have shot and killed them that dash cam would have been on. I can't figure out how that always works that way.
I agree wholeheartedly. It happens time and again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"I can't stop speculating if I haven't speculated in the first place. I just posted some info I found. But if I decide to speculate, I will."

These are the same members who are so quick to speculate about the victims of cop shootings. These in the present conversation will be quick to point out that they, personally, didn't do the following, but the mindset is the same:

Speculated that Jose Guerno's widow wuld go to the pen for drug dealing. [She was awarded 2.4 million for the wrongful death shooting by Tucson SWAT Team of her former Marine husband.]

Speculated that the Ft Worth Homeowner was at fault when two rookie cops at the wrong address shot him dead, because,"He knew they were cops because of the flashing lights on their cruiser, so he had no business coming out of his front door with a revolver in hand". [The cops were on foot, in his backyard, and his wife saw their flashlights. He stepped into his attached garage and was raising the door when they killed him.]

One would think that Ruby Ridge and Waco would have opened people's eyes as to the propensity to "cover up" by L E when they screw up, but "sheeple" still abound.

Which members are you talking about, Gene? Don't be coy.

If there's someone who thinks the cops didn't screw the pooch and commit all manner of crimes at Waco and Ruby Ridge, they need their damned heads examined. Not sure how that relates to actually waiting for facts to come out before passing judgment, though.
I can think of a number of adjectives to describe Curdog, but "coy" is not one of them. I find it difficult to believe you don't know who he is talking about, but if you really don't and wish to, just look back at some of his posts and all the name-calling and mocking that he's endured-specifically on threads dealing with those two incidents.

I figure Gene can, because he has before, name names.

Don't recall those two thread specifically, though I've no doubt they were rankerous and needlessly so. Might have been a better idea to have actually waited for the facts to emerge, eh?

Hell, I recall a recent thread (this year) when I was right there calling for the cop's head - before the facts came out. Learned my lesson.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mirage made a good suggestion, even if he didn't realize it.

A break from all this for a while, perhaps for a bunch of us.

Say more than a few prayers for Mrs. Yantis and the rest of that family, for the entire community up there, and for the families of the officers involved (looks like they may lose their sons, too). After that, go hunting or fishing or work outside or something else.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dash cam not on. Gee, Golly, what could that mean?

Probably out of sensitivity to the public. Wouldn't want a video of Barney Fife trying to put down an agitated bull with a 9mm?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Entirely unrelated to the thread, having met the man, Gene's got my vote, I don't really GAF if he agrees with me about stuff or not.

As to the tragic incident, seems like all we can infer at this point is that it happened after dark, there was some sort of disagreement between Mr Yantis and the deputies regarding the issue of dispatching the bull, and that Mr Yantis did shoot the bull.

At least two witnesses have spoken up stating the actions of the deputies were egregious, OTOH, I seriously doubt the deputies originally arrived at the crash scene that evening intending to employ deadly force.

Hope we get full disclosure.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Which members are you talking about, Gene? Don't be coy."

Since you asked a civil question, I'll respond:

I was speaking to a general mindset that usually divides the forum membership on this topic.

But... Our friend Bob [isaac] was the one leading the charge against Jose Guerno and his wife. To his credit, months later, he was the one who,privately, told me of the financial settlement.[To MY credit, I didn't open an "I told you so" thread about it grin]

I'm not going to research either of the two threads to assemble the list of "team members".

The length of the threads tells the story. Most members posted one time, allowing that that the cops' actions were questionable, or abhorrent,even.

Those members supporting the cops, or,"wait on the facts" types, are few in number, but because each of them respond to each contrary post, it gives the appearance of a forum equally divided on the question.

It's not.

When something smells, most members know there is something rotten causing it, but they are content to only post one time.

I said, many years ago, that I post on all contentious threads as a student of human nature. That hasn't changed, whether the topic is religion, or whatever.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by logcutter
From a local resident...Well, it's already been confirmed that the dash cam that was there wasn't on.. so there's another issue to add.

Imagine that!
Yeah...imagine.
Suspicious indeed.

No it isnt.

Our dash as didn't record 24/7

There was three ways ours were turned on

A. Manually by pressing the green button on the housing

B by Turing the pursuit switch on to position 3 or 4 which activated the overhead lights, and lights and siren respectively

C it was automatically triggered by a critical AL event (crash)
In this mode it recalled 8 seconds prior and after the trigger time

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did you typically not activate it when responding to calls?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I imaagine the cars lights were going.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It is amazing how the cameras never seem to be working when these things happen, the delay in releasing any of the facts is not helping the police or the community at all.
A bad wreck with entrapment and angry bull chasing people around, why record any of that?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jimy
It is amazing how the cameras never seem to be working when these things happen, the delay in releasing any of the facts is not helping the police or the community at all.
A bad wreck with entrapment and angry bull chasing people around, why record any of that?
My assumption is that it was all recorded. The story they made up to explain not having the video was that they forgot to turn the camera on. Covering error is pretty standard practice, and the brotherhood is almost always cooperative on such things.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
dark night light had to be on ,WHY not the dash cam????????????????

and for the other idoit a 9mm will kill a bull SHOT PLACEMENT we regularly do cows and steers with a 22 cal,to the brain , body shots do not work.
norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MadMooner

No, not every call.
Policy stated it had to be on for vehicle stops, streets idea field interviews and DUI arrests

Personally I activated it every time I transported someone

As far as the camera being on at an accident, it would depend.
.I would suspect that their Emergency lights were on, but I have no idea how there cameras were set up to acticlvate, and I have no idea of knowing whether the vehicles were positioned to see anything even if they were on.

As far as me, lots of times at accident I didn't turn my overheads on, usually just my rear flashers, and usually if I did turn them on it wasn't by the pursuit switch which would also activate wig wags and every other flasher on the vehicle...that simply wasn't needed for most accident scenes in which the lights were more of a visual alcautionary aid than anything.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It was mentioned the bull was agitated. Depending on how "agitated" it was that shot placement to the brain might not be so easy, especially at night and if it was a dark bull. A 9mm to the face/nose/jaw/neck is going to make for an unhappy bull.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by MadMooner

No, not every call.
Policy stated it had to be on for vehicle stops, streets idea field interviews and DUI arrests

Personally I activated it every time I transported someone

As far as the camera being on at an accident, it would depend.
.I would suspect that their Emergency lights were on, but I have no idea how there cameras were set up to acticlvate, and I have no idea of knowing whether the vehicles were positioned to see anything even if they were on.

As far as me, lots of times at accident I didn't turn my overheads on, usually just my rear flashers, and usually if I did turn them on it wasn't by the pursuit switch which would also activate wig wags and every other flasher on the vehicle...that simply wasn't needed for most accident scenes in which the lights were more of a visual alcautionary aid than anything.

Your rational and detailed explanations are not helpful.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
It was mentioned the bull was agitated. Depending on how "agitated" it was that shot placement to the brain might not be so easy, especially at night and if it was a dark bull. A 9mm to the face/nose/jaw/neck is going to make for an unhappy bull.

I had a untorunate opportunity to put down a handful of both cows and horses, if the situation allowed I opted for a shotgun and slug for the reason you outlined...that sometimes the handgun was the best choice for the situation

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jimy
My assumption is that it was all recorded. The story they made up to explain not having the video was that they forgot to turn the camera on. Covering error is pretty standard practice, and the brotherhood is almost always cooperative on such things.

Well you know what they say about assuming

Page 31 of 175 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 2,431 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,444
Posts18,489,584
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.