Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
mine is at the bottom of the Atlantic right along with my old BB's.

I am perfectly happy with my Tundra rugged flip phone. It's twice the "phone" that any smart phone ever was.

Great reception, battery, and speaker. AND I can kick the crap out of her and she keeps on ticking. What else is needed??

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My only gripe is that it costs an awful lot for something that only lasts 2-4 years under normal 24/7 use, and the cover to make it waterproof for unexpected swims also was inordinately expensive.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cv540
Battery life, of the last two smart phones.

It's a computer in your palm, what you expect.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
People are obsessed with them and spend far to much time looking at their phone than the world around them or people who are trying to talk to them. That's my only complaint.

Yep.

And the younger they are, the worse it is. Some are outright rude. Texting is addictive.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Battery life, of the last two smart phones.

It's a computer in your palm, what you expect.

pretty much, its not a phone, its a full blown computer for use on cellular networks. i dont pack my laptop around near as much as i used to

just got a Droid Turbo 2 and so far its battery life seems much better than anything i have used before....

Last edited by rattler; 11/06/15.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
People are obsessed with them and spend far to much time looking at their phone than the world around them or people who are trying to talk to them. That's my only complaint.

Yep.

And the younger they are, the worse it is. Some are outright rude. Texting is addictive.

Horsechitte. Climb out from under your rock, if you can. Ignorance can be bliss...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The more I learn about my iphone 6, the more I really enjoy it. I watch very little TV but found out that I can watch TV on it anytime I have phone service. And that's just about everywhere. I like going to pretty remote areas with my camper and have even watched some football on it. Reception is great.

Yeah, I enjoy mine!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You have no idea how liberating it is not to have a hand held device. If I get a call, it's on the good old home landline. Ive not yet had a cell phone, and Im 62, with no intent of ever doing so. I look around, and they proliferate everything, amazing when you take notice of peoples self induced dependence on an electronic device....funny culture we are that's for sure?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I just got my first smart phone, an I Phone Six, about an hour ago.

I only got it because my new Hearing Aids are designed for that model.

I have a laptop and hot spot so don't intend to use it for anything other than a phone.

If I could have used my old flip phone, I'd a stayed with it.
got damn Jean get with the times, i wouldn't be without my i ph 6

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
You have no idea how liberating it is not to have a hand held device. If I get a call, it's on the good old home landline. Ive not yet had a cell phone, and Im 62, with no intent of ever doing so. I look around, and they proliferate everything, amazing when you take notice of peoples self induced dependence on an electronic device....funny culture we are that's for sure?

your only as dependent as you want to be to it....its a tool like any other....real handy to have a phone, computer connected to the internet, book, gps, camera, weather station, music player and any number of other things in my pocket.....has saved me money cause i could look up prices there and then and saved me a very uncomfortable night that would have otherwise been spent along a little used road

Last edited by rattler; 11/06/15.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Roger, I am with Gene on this. My phone stays in my truck and I use the land line at home, by necessity. I do not text, and I have a camera if I want to take a picture. I am currently looking for a new phone that is bluetooth compatible, for my truck, but do not want all the bells and whistles. Just a phone, with big numbers and letters. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i use to think the same, till i got mine.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
iPhone 5.

Only way it could be better is to make it waterproof. Best fugking phone I've ever owned.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by milespatton

Roger, I am with Gene on this. My phone stays in my truck and I use the land line at home, by necessity. I do not text, and I have a camera if I want to take a picture. I am currently looking for a new phone that is bluetooth compatible, for my truck, but do not want all the bells and whistles. Just a phone, with big numbers and letters. miles

Just get an iPhone. You'll be glad you did.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
iPhone 5.

Only way it could be better is to make it waterproof. Best fugking phone I've ever owned.

Travis

Life proof case

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Best thing about them when hunting (if you have a cell signal) is the map and gps function. Can pinpoint where you are at and pull up the aerial pic in google maps.

Gotta think these things have really cut into the handheld gps sales, and I know it has killed camera sales.

Don't need a cell signal for the gps to work. Hunted Wyoming a month ago with iPhone 5 using onXHunt app showing all public and private grounds. No signal. It worked. You have to store the maps ahead of time, but the gps worked perfectly. Best $29 I've spent in a while.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
threw my rugged phone in a beer trough one night just to prove a point. Nobody else would.

But when they dialed my number it sure enough rang from underwater!! grin

Free beer for me!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
You do know the Govt or employer can listen in on it without you ever knowing. And they can turn it on without you knowing it. And they can pinpoint where you are with ease. I have one for work, it never comes into my house.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The biggest problem I have is that you can't see the screen when you're standing out in the sun light. It drives me crazy because I'm outside a lot while working.

The best thing is when I'm hunting and I know there's rain or a thunderstorm is on the way, I can pull up the radar and see it. That's excellent.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
You do know the Govt or employer can listen in on it without you ever knowing. And they can turn it on without you knowing it. And they can pinpoint where you are with ease. I have one for work, it never comes into my house.

You should be able to turn off the GPS.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

448 members (22kHornet, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 39 invisible), 1,603 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,099
Posts18,522,253
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.