Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by byc
threw my rugged phone in a beer trough one night just to prove a point. Nobody else would.

But when they dialed my number it sure enough rang from underwater!! grin

Free beer for me!
leighton knocked my iphn in the water, i felt around for 2 minutes before i found it. worked just fine ottercase. had a old nokia that got run over with a boat trailer, 35 ft donzi on it. ph worked but screen was broke.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by byc
threw my rugged phone in a beer trough one night just to prove a point. Nobody else would.

Free beer for me!

BIL breaks phones like no one I've ever seen (farm hand) till he got a Casio Commando. Says right in the manual if it gets dirty rinse it off in the sink. The screen is supposedly 3 times thicker than any other phone and he had it for a long time before he got a new one. Funny thing though it has a built in pedometer. He drove loader all day once and it said he walked like 38 miles that day.

Last edited by k20350; 11/07/15.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by deflave
iPhone 5.

Only way it could be better is to make it waterproof. Best fugking phone I've ever owned.

Travis

Life proof case

Works?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My biggest complaint, especially with iPhone is, they make a beautifully crafted small phone that feels great in the hand and looks sharp, but then I'm worried about scratches, dings, etc. so end up putting it in an ugly case that doubles the size and bulk of the phone... crazy

One downside to iPhones that use their lightning charger is the damn chargers are expensive and they don't last.

Other than that, I love iPhones. I had an iPhone 5s the last couple of years and had no complaints other than I wanted a bigger screen so just upgraded to a 6s Plus. It's a BIIIGGG phone, but I love it so far. I couldn't live without Facetime, Siri, and GPS/Map features now.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by k20350
Originally Posted by byc

Free beer for me!

BIL breaks phones like no one I've ever seen (farm hand) till he got a Casio Commando. Says right in the manual if it gets dirty rinse it off in the sink. The screen is supposedly 3 times thicker than any other phone and he had it for a long time before he got a new one. Funny thing though it has a built in pedometer. He drove loader all day once and it said he walked like 38 miles that day.

Don't get thrown from a four wheeler with the phone in your back pocket with the screen facing out and land on a rock.....

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Casio Commando.

That's what I have.

There may be phones with better reception, or audio, or cameras.

But I ain't found one tougher.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rattler

your only as dependent as you want to be to it....its a tool like any other....real handy to have a phone, computer connected to the internet, book, gps, camera, weather station, music player and any number of other things in my pocket.....has saved me money cause i could look up prices there and then and saved me a very uncomfortable night that would have otherwise been spent along a little used road

This ^^^^^^^^^^
And when I dont want to be bothered I can turn the damn thing off!

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The biggest problem with smart phones, they are smarter than their owners

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It seems that most can't. Got to be on it all of the time. I get tickled at folks walking around looking at their phone, not knowing what is happening around them. Also a bunch in a room, all on their phones, hell, they might be texting one another. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by RipSnort
OK, everybody is crazy for their smart phone. And everybody has their favorite. What I want to know is what is your biggest complaint with your current phone?

Thanks, RS

Ties me to work 24x7 with emails and texts. True for any freaking smartphone...

Give me back the days when they actually had to CALL me and that was reserved for emergencies.

+1 ... Back in the day , I could say Saturday was mine, no more.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't mind work being able to get in touch with me. They call me, text me, email me, they pay me. Plus I get $70.00 a month stipend for my phone.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
iPhone 5.

Only way it could be better is to make it waterproof. Best fugking phone I've ever owned.

Travis

Life proof case

Works?

Travis

Yes, it works if it works. smile You test it in the bathtub before you put your phone in it. It was a part of my expensive comment earlier.

Edited to add: If you use it with a headphone or headset, you have to use a special adapter that comes with it. It would be a pain if you need that stuff much.

Because I've posted again, I will add that the BEST thing about my iPhone is that it there is no coverage in the places I like to frequent off pavement.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 11/07/15.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I hate typing on a touch screen. I liked my old smart phone with a slide out REAL keypad. I have the galaxy 5.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by seal_billy
I hate typing on a touch screen. I liked my old smart phone with a slide out REAL keypad. I have the galaxy 5.

used to be the same. i had frostbite and dont have good feeling in my fingertips but seems like they arent as bad as they used to be or i just got used to them

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rattler
..its a tool like any other....real handy to have a phone, computer connected to the internet, book, gps, camera, weather station, music player and any number of other things in my pocket.....has saved me money cause i could look up prices there and then and saved me a very uncomfortable night that would have otherwise been spent along a little used road

^^^This^^^

And... I just upgraded from my old iPhone 5s to the IPhone 6 plus model. It literally kicks the shiitt out of the old model. Much better battery, 3 times faster on the web, better display that I can actually read with out searching for my damn reading glasses, all the time. Works great as a flashlight, when you need one, too. I'd rate it at least 3 times better than my old iPhone.
Being a Rancher, my truck is my office, and it's a invaluable tool for taking care of things on the go.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/07/15.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by milespatton

It seems that most can't. Got to be on it all of the time. I get tickled at folks walking around looking at their phone, not knowing what is happening around them. Also a bunch in a room, all on their phones, hell, they might be texting one another. miles

They're probably asking each other who the loser without a phone is.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by stxhunter
none, thank god for them.

This, with my iPhone 6. More than pleased.
+2

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by milespatton

They're probably asking each other who the loser without a phone is.

Travis

That loser would be me. grin
I've been cell phone free for 4yrs. now. I think I've kicked the addiction. whistle

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by k20350
Originally Posted by byc

Free beer for me!

About 7 years ago wife ran my Casio(Boulder?) flip phone through the washer and it is still kickin'. That phone is tougher than hell.

We were sorting cows the other day and my buddy commented that we had walked over 13 miles up and down the alley way. I said how the hell do you know that? Pedometer on his phone.

I still haven't got a smart phone for the simple reason that I have no self control and am afraid to end up like all the 'tards
who are CONSTANTLY staring at the [bleep]' things.

Weather radar would be pretty nice though.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by RipSnort
OK, everybody is crazy for their smart phone. And everybody has their favorite. What I want to know is what is your biggest complaint with your current phone?

Thanks, RS

None, mines a flip-phone, it's a collectors item, that communist made piece of trash came over on the Mayflower, and I'll keep it that way as long as the thing lives, I dont NEED or WANT that much tech geekery.

Trump Won!
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (3dtestify, 7887mm08, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 35, 12 invisible), 980 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,129
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.