Print Thread
Hop To
Page 38 of 175 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 174 175
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Harry M
My kind of lawmen.

Those boys would be RIGHT at home at an Az. conservative get together....

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
And I'm not saying these cops went out there with the intent to kill this men, but there is certainly something wrong with the training or the mindset or both that these cops are so tightly wired, or piss their pants scared that shooting a citizen is the first thing that crosses their mind.
We have a problem in this supposedly to be "free country" when we accept the killing of our neighbors by an out of control police force that feels that their spoken words, are all of the justification they need to kill you.

We are entering a dangerous place.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jimy
And I'm not saying these cops went out there with the intent to kill this men, but there is certainly something wrong with the training or the mindset or both that these cops are so tightly wired, or piss their pants scared that shooting a citizen is the first thing that crosses their mind.
We have a problem in this supposedly to be "free country" when we accept the killing of our neighbors by an out of control police force that feels that their spoken words, are all of the justification they need to kill you.

Tic toc tic toc. Are we there yet?

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You must have a lot of schitty cops in your area. All the ones I deal with are very professional.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

To serve and Protect just doesn't seem to fit much any more.

Only time I've encountered schitty cops is when I've lived in schitty places.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And I'm not saying these cops went out there with the intent to kill this men, but there is certainly something wrong with the training or the mindset or both that these cops are so tightly wired, or piss their pants scared that shooting a citizen is the first thing that crosses their mind...

This was published about Jack Yantis "...Jack was a lumberjack for most of his life as well as a rodeo cowboy and rancher. Jack was loved by everyone that knew him. He was good hearted, down to earth and would have done anything for anybody..."

To help offset all the discrediting done to Mr Yantis by forum LE/groupies, I can imagine that his murderers had to have pissed their pants upon finding themselves in the presence of a real man.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by pal
And I'm not saying these cops went out there with the intent to kill this men, but there is certainly something wrong with the training or the mindset or both that these cops are so tightly wired, or piss their pants scared that shooting a citizen is the first thing that crosses their mind...

This was published about Jack Yantis "...Jack was a lumberjack for most of his life as well as a rodeo cowboy and rancher. Jack was loved by everyone that knew him. He was good hearted, down to earth and would have done anything for anybody..."

To help offset all the discrediting done to Mr Yantis by forum LE/groupies, I can imagine that his murderers had to have pissed their pants upon finding themselves in the presence of a real man.

Interesting. I've read the same about Safariman not but a year or two ago.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

To serve and Protect just doesn't seem to fit much any more.

Only time I've encountered schitty cops is when I've lived in schitty places.

Travis

Were the places schitty before YOU moved there? grin

[you don't often leave an opening like that]

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If you read the previous post you'd realize there was no opening.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Was alcohol involved in this incident?

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The aspect of this incident I find disturbing is the blanket thrown over the available evidence, apparently until all known witnesses can be identified and questioned.

Now, that sequence could be completely innocuous.

However, it could be done for the reason that, once the witnesses are committed to their observations, the officers involved have the opportunity to form their version of the events that exculpates them, while at the same time conforming to the witness observations as much as possible.

Compare this case with the shooting of the 6 year old in LA.

Reports came out with much more detail in a much quicker manner.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect that the reports of the officers involved would be available fairly quickly after the incident, and certainly should be written by the officers as quickly after the incident as possible, while details are fresh in memory.

Unless some coordination is necessary.

And if those reports are made, they should be available to the public through the department in a rapid manner. After all, they're the *truth*, and they ain't gonna change.

If the reports aren't for some reason made, that information should be made available also.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Was alcohol involved in this incident?

I doubt the cops were drunk, but who knows.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fubarski
The aspect of this incident I find disturbing is the blanket thrown over the available evidence, apparently until all known witnesses can be identified and questioned.

However, it could be done for the reason that, once the witnesses are committed to their observations, the officers involved have the opportunity to form their version of the events that exculpates them, while at the same time conforming to the witness observations as much as possible.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect that the reports of the officers involved would be available fairly quickly after the incident, and certainly should be written by the officers as quickly after the incident as possible, while details are fresh in memory.

And if those reports are made, they should be available to the public through the department in a rapid manner. After all, they're the *truth*, and they ain't gonna change.

If the reports aren't for some reason made, that information should be made available also.

Crazy talk I tell ya! crazy

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger

Available to investigators from ISP yes, general public not necessarily until they conclude there investigation.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Available to investigators from ISP yes, general public not necessarily until they conclude there investigation.

Mike

Those same witnesses SHOULD be free to tell their stories to a curious news reporter......... who, apparently... is missing in action.

Of course, there is the possibility that they have been warned that an internet forum exists where they will be branded as liars, or worse, if their story is unfavorable to the cops.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Mike

Possibly, we don't know.

But if they are, it appears the possibility of meddling with the physical evidence is nil, and the statements are what they are.

Why can't they be released, with redacation for personal information, to end speculation, and hopefully tension in the community, as much as possible?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Those same witnesses SHOULD be free to tell their stories to a curious news reporter......... who, apparently... is missing in action.

Of course, there is the possibility that they have been warned that an internet forum exists where they will be branded as liars, or worse, if their story is unfavorable to the cops.

Civilian witnesses are free to disclose their recollection of the event, or not, as they alone decide. As it should be.

My inquiry is directed at the government side of things, i.e., officer reports.

Why aren't they made public?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Mike

Possibly, we don't know.

But if they are, it appears the possibility of meddling with the physical evidence is nil, and the statements are what they are.

Why can't they be released, with redacation for personal information, to end speculation, and hopefully tension in the community, as much as possible?

If they are considering presenting this to a grand jury, they likely do not want to release much prior to that happening.

Jury members are supposed to assess the testimony of a witness, not the published reports ahead of time.

The smaller the population, the harder it is to get untainted grand jury members.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by cv540
If they are considering presenting this to a grand jury, they likely do not want to release much prior to that happening.

Jury members are supposed to assess the testimony of a witness, not the published reports ahead of time.

The smaller the population, the harder it is to get untainted grand jury members.

But wouldn't the grand jury get to see the police report anyway?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
There has to be some time set aside for the writer of the police report to finish his creative writing course. GD

Page 38 of 175 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,475
Posts18,489,932
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.