Print Thread
Hop To
Page 40 of 175 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 174 175
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
The Sheriff's history was included early in this thread and has been mentioned in many reports. Without searching through this entire thread I think he has lived in the area about 12 years.

Most of the local kids either grow up to work on and continue the family ranch, in logging, or if they want to make more than 30-40 K per year, they move to populous areas.

I think one of the earlier posts did include the median income for the county.

It is not unusual around here for families to subsist on a $2000/month full time employment wage. The majority of jobs around here pay nowhere near $12/hour. But families get by working overtime or sometimes two jobs. I have known quite a few guys who worked day shift with us at the factory 40hr/week and then worked swing shift somewhere else for 40 hr/week.

Do a bit of research on the pay scale for our local deputies and rural "city" police forces.

Would you wear a badge for those wages?

Thank you for the information. No I wouldn't wear a badge for those wages, but to add, I'm not law enforcement material. I'm in health care. Your statements though, dovetailed into my implied questions. Rural communities need to review their LE payscales and qualifications for employment. It would improve the community as well as possibly recruit folks from the immediate area. Police work is dangerous demanding work. It should pay accordingly and demand high qualifications of the hires.

Another point. Its sad that a community doesn't socially accept a new resident often even after several years of residency. Implied in your statement, handful= 12 years. The lack of an emotionall connection of an officer, or anybody, does impact how he regards those in the community. LE and community could make more effort to connect on a larger scale.
This in no way excuses the horrific acts of those officers in this case. But when a community is clannish in its attitude, it does affect its future.

Last edited by Wyogal; 11/08/15.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Not all should aspire to be police officers. You might be asked to exercise some restraint. Heaven knows how well that goes nowadays!

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rural communities need to review their LE payscales and qualifications for employment.

indeed,...the item bolded in red IN PARTICULAR. I see some VERY disturbed people given WAY to much authority, based on their "prior experience."
Without getting too elaborate, let's just say that treating well grounded and patriotic AMERICANS as though they were Afghani villagers in mud huts,a populace to be DISARMED, or potential "insurgents", e.g. the enemy, is a train wreck in progress,...
seems all most of us can do is watch it unfold, in dismay and unfathomable sadness.It is undeniably the stuff from which battle lines are drawn.

Thank you all posting here, and sending candid updates on other channels regarding this matter. As I previously pointed out, it is precisely BECAUSE of the small population base, and the sort of community that this took place in that leads one to venture that sweeping this one under the rug is NOT going to be a successful effort.

Prayer and quiet invocations for a resolution founded in honor and good principles.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If anyone stated that the deputies had local or even rural origins, it was unfounded supposition.

Even the Sheriff of Adams County has only resided in the county for a handful of years.
IIRC some of those stating the deputies were "rural" were the same ones going on and on about some of us who simply posted facts, "speculating".

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Rural communities need to review their LE payscales and qualifications for employment.

Nah, what we need is an Obammi sponsored Federal Police Force. they're the only one's that can save us.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Even the Sheriff of Adams County has only resided in the county for a handful of years.

I thought he lived there since 2000?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some of the text put up in the early pages of this thread are an absolute disgrace.
Let those who put them up wear that mantle,...one thing to note about this 'Fire crew is that there are clearly defined lines that aren't crossed, should one expect any shred of respect ahead.

...still trying to figure out how this incident could be perceived an opportunity to yuk it up, and generally show one's azz.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Some of the text put up in the early pages of this thread are an absolute disgrace.

Why are you being vague about it?

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

...still trying to figure out how this incident could be perceived an opportunity to yuk it up,
GTC

Playing to the crowd.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Oh, ...look, a prosecuting attorney, ...cross examining me...

Bugger off, Mate.

GTC

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some of the text put up in the early pages of this thread are an absolute beyond disgrace.

GTC, Your being kind.

Last edited by 700LH; 11/08/15.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rob Krentz

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Travis

Oh, ...look, a prosecuting attorney, ...cross examining me...

Bugger off, Mate.

GTC

No really. Why be vague?

And aren't you the guy that couldn't hold his liquor at a Campfire get together and tried to fight somebody?

I think maybe you drink too much.

Dave the Bugger

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
A community, in the wake of this horrible incident, could begin to invest in their own youth, by having raffles etc, to send a few local kids to community college, police academy or supply partial scholarships. Attach to it, a few years commitment to be LE in the kid's own community. Rural communites have done this to supply the community with healthcare workers. Why not try it for LE? it would be investing in the future of the community.

With folks being emotionally charged, put that energy to a more positive endeavor, with a future.

Last edited by Wyogal; 11/08/15.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Wyogal
Rural communities need to review their LE payscales and qualifications for employment. It would improve the community as well as possibly recruit folks from the immediate area. Police work is dangerous demanding work. It should pay accordingly and demand high qualifications of the hires.

A county can only pay out what it brings in through its tax base. We do not operate like the feds with a deficit that could only be paid back over the course of several centuries.
Originally Posted by Wyogal

Another point. Its sad that a community doesn't socially accept a new resident often even after several years of residency. Implied in your statement, handful= 12 years. The lack of an emotionall connection of an officer, or anybody, does impact how he regards those in the community. LE and community could make more effort to connect on a larger scale.
This in no way excuses the horrific acts of those officers in this case. But when a community is clannish in its attitude, it does affect its future.

A handful = 12 yrs as apposed to those who have lived on the same property for sixty or seventy years.

I would certainly not say that Adams county is unwelcoming to outsiders.

A close friend purchased property there and only spends weekend in the county. But he has been welcomed warmly by neighbors and local residents. I go up with him on the occasional weekend. Again I am welcomed warmly.

But we are both of country origins with country values and we welcome the locals' advances.

People from the city usually bring city attitudes with them and are difficult to approach.

Country folk look each other in the eye, smile, and nod hello as they pass, even if total strangers.

City folk avert their eyes and look at the ground as they walk past. It is as if they think we are not even human, and certainly not fit to be considered as an equal.

Jack lived a few yards from the hiway six miles from the Sheriff's office. He was frequently seen about town or found working in the countryside.

Jack stopped in at my buddy's place while horse back and visited several times.

Even though the Sheriff stated he could recognize the pickup Jack drove and pick Jack's face out of a crowd, he had never spoken to the man.

I am not so sure it is the longtime local residents who are clannish.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

I thought he lived there since 2000?

Travis

I assume that is true. I stand corrected. I thought it was 2003.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some of the text put up in the early pages of this thread are an absolute disgrace...

What is a disgrace is to have certain LE/groupies immediately try to discredit the victim murdered by LE. This death by cop is a national plague not limited to small, rural communities. And it will only get worse if we allow LE to police itself, something so far out of their reach.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Takes a little more than a smile and a nod. But since focus is on the longetivity of the community's residents, and I DO understand what you are saying, why not invest in the community's youth? Yes it takes money, and may be a long time coming before the town realizes the benefits. But obviously something has to change. And looking for solutions, while the sad memory is fresh may be the best time.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Once again, review the average annual income of local residents. There is not a lot of free cash floating around.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
There has been no trial and no admission of guilt.

What has happened to the Constitutional rights of innocent until proven guilty, the right to a fair trial, due process, etc?

The justice system and process is working. Don't destroy the Constitution because you want to string up a certain segment of society.

ETA: Thoughts and prayers for the family as the loss of a loved one is always a terrible tragedy.

ETA again switched in original post guilty and innocent. My apologies.

Last edited by Jcubed; 11/08/15.
Page 40 of 175 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 62 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,460
Posts18,489,808
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.