Hop To
Page 49 of 175 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 174 175
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by MadMooner
That story is fugged up. There is a few guys wives that need to be made widows.

So, you want to kill everybody that gets accused of misconduct, or just cops?
I assume he would afford them a fair trial first, but murder goes beyond mere misconduct.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What went wrong?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I assume he would afford them a fair trial first, but murder goes beyond mere misconduct.

He's not talking about the "murder" that Fireball knows all about.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What went wrong?

The cops shot a guys bull a whole bunch of times. Then they shot the rancher and killed him. Then the wife had a heart attack and almost died. Other than that, I'd say it was a clean stop.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
What went wrong?

The cops shot a guys bull a whole bunch of times. Then they shot the rancher and killed him. Then the wife had a heart attack and almost died. Other than that, I'd say it was a clean stop.

Why?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Why?

Let's ask Jack.

LOL
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Why?

Let's ask Jack.

Why, you know Jack Shiet

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Why, you know Jack Shiet

Lame response #1276. Sorry Scott, knock yourself out, I gotta work then paint the house today. Carry on.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Second half of this article is all the public has to go n so far.

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — The family of an Idaho rancher who was shot and killed by sheriff's deputies after one of his bulls was hit by a car and charged emergency crews said his death was not justified.

Jack Yantis, 62, died a week ago after an altercation with two Adams County deputies along a highway just north of the tiny town of Council, Idaho State Police said. The deputies planned to shoot the injured animal when Yantis arrived with a rifle. All of them fired their weapons, investigators said.

Deputies are to blame for Yantis' death, family members said in statements provided to the Idaho Statesman (http://bit.ly/1PwmzGK ) by attorneys hired after the Nov. 1 shooting. The newspaper also interviewed relatives who say they saw the shooting and received a video statement from Yantis' wife, who was also at the scene.

"Law enforcement should be trained to de-escalate situations," said Rowdy Paradis, a nephew of the Yantis' who says he was a witness. "In this case, I stood 10 feet away and watched two deputies escalate the situation and needlessly kill a man."

Idaho State Police declined to comment to The Associated Press. Sheriff Ryan Zollman did not return a request for comment.

"We are committed to doing a meticulous investigation and that's why we can't comment," Idaho State Police spokeswoman Teresa Baker said.

Dispatchers had called Yantis while he was at dinner, telling him to take care of his 2,500-pound Gelbvieh bull after the crash, his family said. In the state's rural areas, it is common for vehicles to strike livestock, and Yantis had put down animals before, according to relatives.

Yantis rode to the scene on an all-terrain vehicle, and his wife, Donna, picked up the family's .204-caliber rifle and met him on the highway.

Paradis said Yantis asked him to bring a small front-end loader to transport the animal once they were finished. The family says the deputies had shot the bull before Yantis arrived.

When he got there, his wife handed him the rifle and he aimed the gun at the animal lying on the pavement. The deputies stood behind him as he put the barrel a few feet from the bull's head with his finger on the trigger, his family said. Paradis said he did not see Yantis or the deputies speak.

That's when a deputy grabbed Yantis' shoulder from behind, turned him around and pushed the rancher. Relatives think the gun might have gone off accidentally and then the deputies opened fire. The family says Yantis was shot in the chest and abdomen.

"There was no shootout. It was a senseless murder," said Yantis' daughter, Sarah.

Donna Yantis said she and Paradis tried to run to the rancher but the deputies threw them to the ground.

"And then they threatened me and my nephew ... threw us on the middle of Highway 95, searched us and handcuffed us, and wouldn't let us go take care of Jack," she said in a video statement.

Donna Yantis had a heart attack at the scene and had to be flown to a local hospital, where she recorded video, the family said.

http://www.idahopress.com/ap_news/u...554ac0d-a520-5d82-8dd7-89e9d4e36233.html

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tell us exactly what happened.

You gonna go down the "DINK road" and post this behind every post he makes? grin

Nah...... you got better things to do.

If all of Y'all would leave us be, let us get on with the hangin', this thread would have died out long ago.

No matter what the ISP comes up with, a majority of the forum members will believe the shooting was not justified, and the LEO community and groupies will still think it might have been.

The cops' actions re the Widow will condemn them in OUR eyes and y'all will find them acceptable "under the circumstances" because "y'all have 'been there', and we haven't".

See how predictable both sides are?

At the wind-up, NOBODY is gonna say;"Y'all were right, I was wrong".

But..... we all 'know' each other a little better, so it's not a pointless exercise.

ETA... I'm going out fishing.

Last edited by curdog4570; 11/10/15.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So, the family is saying that Yantis shot first?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, the family is saying that Yantis shot first?

Your not that daft, stop it

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570

See how predictable both sides are?

At the wind-up, NOBODY is gonna say;"Y'all were right, I was wrong".

But..... we all 'know' each other a little better, so it's not a pointless exercise.

This is why you bumped the Louisiana thread with the 6 year old getting shot in order for people that had expressed sympathy for the shooters to retract their posts?

Not just bumped the thread with the new info, but specifically:

I didn't count how many of you "feel sorry for the officers", but your words are above mine if you want to reconsider and post accordingly.

The two cops have been charged in the death of the boy and the wounding of his father.

It appears the cops doing the investigation into this couldn't work up the same sympathy displayed by the forum cops and cop suck ups.

I think we know each other a little better now....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

No matter what the ISP comes up with, a majority of the forum members will believe the shooting was not justified, and the LEO community and groupies will still think it might have been.

Well sure, I don't believe any right thinking person believes this was a case of cop-kills-bad-guy. Unfortunately, some real idiots have opened themselves up as whining malcontents by assuming they know something they don't.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH
Relatives think the gun might have gone off accidentally and then the deputies opened fire.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It is going to take years to sort this one out.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jimmyp
It is going to take years to sort this one out.

Curdog thinks an hour should be sifficient...cause that's how they do it on TV

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well sure, I don't believe any right thinking person believes this was a case of cop-kills-bad-guy. Unfortunately, some real idiots have opened themselves up as whining malcontents by assuming they know something they don't.

Seems they more akin to Michael Brown supporters than conservative constitutionalists...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I thought that everyone learned a lesson from Ferguson.

That lesson being that the truth and the facts ring loud and clear. And that some people can be lead to even commit violence if pushed in the right direction by non-facts.

But as you said, why wait for the facts when most everyone has their minds made up anyway? It won't make any difference to them.

I'll wait for the facts and to hear from the special prosecutor assigned to the case.

I know I get flamed for comparing this scenario to Ferguson, but the truth is, a bunch of people were deceived (or not) by the supposed facts of THAT case. Then the truth came out, and it didn't matter to those already worked up into a frenzy.

As I've said, I'll lead the lynching if everything happened the way they said in the lawyer written account. I just want that statement backed up by an official investigation by the 3rd party in charge of said investigation.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If somebody rammed me with their car, yanked me out the window and started whooping me at gun point, I'd be happy to piss on their grave.

Are they guilty? Looks like it, but I don't know.

I don't really care what they do for a paycheck.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 49 of 175 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1Akshooter, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.