Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 50 of 175 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 174 175
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyp
It is going to take years to sort this one out.

Shouldn't take too long if the dash and body cams were rolling.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I've waited a while before speaking, and I'm sure that many will disagree! But, we have had far too many questionable incidents involving LEO's. I worked law enforcement for a short time many years ago, and while many officers are good,conscientious people there are also many not deserving to be in law enforcement. While,my suggestion will not eliminate all incidents such as this,I believe that it would reduce them. We should increase the salaries( by several 100%) of LEO's and have a strenuous "vetting " of prospective officers. We have many qualified people,who would make good officers, that will not put their families through the financial sacrifice to represent their community. These "qualified" people simply go into the labor force and work at a much higher wage! Yes, our taxes may go up to pay the salary increases, but I think that we'll have an improved LEO community! JMO. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by ltppowell
What went wrong?

The cops shot a guys bull a whole bunch of times. Then they shot the rancher and killed him. Then the wife had a heart attack and almost died. Other than that, I'd say it was a clean stop.

The two offending deputies, sobbing major crocodile tears in unison/stereovision/Technicolor/Kodachrome/Blu-ray:

"We just wanted to go home to our families!!!! Waaaaaa!!!!!!!"

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The two offending deputies, sobbing major crocodile tears in unison/stereovision/Technicolor/Kodachrome/Blu-ray:

"We just wanted to go home to our families!!!! Waaaaaa!!!!!!!"

That didn't go well for them..There on a kinda witness protection program eating McDonalds burgers somewhere.

The two deputies are on paid administrative leave for now and are currently outside the county, he said. They are under security being provided by the law enforcement agencies in those undisclosed areas, the sheriff said.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by memtb
...We should increase the salaries( by several 100%) of LEO's and have a strenuous "vetting " of prospective officers...

Just ridiculous.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pal
...We should increase the salaries( by several 100%) of LEO's and have a strenuous "vetting " of prospective officers...

Just ridiculous.

Right.

We should be able to have strenuous vetting and weeding of undesirables, and only employment of top notch people without any additional financial expenditures.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
There is no excuse for this on unarmed victims who just watched as they shot her husband and relative to death.

"Even as the incident was occurring you have Donna, who was thrown down on the pavement, gun to her head, she has no weapon, she had just seen her husband shot to death," Taylor said. "And that’s what gave her a heart attack."

"You have Rowdy with an AR-15 pointed at him and he believes if he would have moved he would have been shot and killed as well," Taylor added.

Inexcusable!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pal

Just ridiculous.

I don't know that "several 100%" is appropriate across the board and I'm guessing taxes would have to go up to pay the increased salaries, but I think it is a necessary first step.

I believe we would end up being better served with a lot fewer officers, but ones that were professionals in their attitude and actions.

One result might be forcing a solution to a problem Bluedreaux has mentioned: many of the small town Police Departments would cease to exist since they couldn't afford the increased wages.

Unless it has changed, a law in Texas requires that ALL County employees be on the same pay scale. The guy on the maintainer grading the road is paid on the same scale as the Deputies.

I know that my County would be much better off with fewer, but significantly better,Deputies.

We would not have to absorb ALL the increased cost of higher salaries by raising taxes.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Or, we could just expect the "good" LEO's to help the public identify the "bad" LEO's.....

Oh, never mind....... silly suggestion

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or, we could just expect the "good" LEO's to help the public identify the "bad" LEO's.....

Truer words were never spoken. From what I've seen in our county and courthouse they stick together like peanut butter and jelly.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Dutch

Makes you wonder what the good to bad ratio could be when the scene of cops beating handcuffed prisoners, followed by other cops showing up (and the prisoner presumedly thanking God that the beating will now be stopped) and the newly arrived cops (to the dismay of the victim) join in on the fun. That scene plays itself out quite a lot on video, but I don't recall seeing one where the arrival of the other cops results in the first cop being pulled off and reprimanded. You'd think that would be the usual outcome, but more typically just the reverse.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Dutch

Makes you wonder what the good to bad ratio could be when the scene of cops beating handcuffed prisoners, followed by other cops showing up (and the prisoner presumedly thanking God that the beating will now be stopped) and the newly arrived cops (to the dismay of the victim) join in on the fun. That scene plays itself out quite a lot on video, but I don't recall seeing one where the arrival of the other cops results in the first cop being pulled off and reprimanded. You'd think that would be the usual outcome, but more typically just the reverse.
Sounds akin to an inner city gang.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Cops around here make damn good money, have excellent benefits so it's not pay. At least not around here, except for WSP which is spending hundreds of thousands on a study they already know the results of.

What they need is better vetting system, one that weeds out the type of person they currently look for.

They also need to encourage the good cops to speak up. The union protection needs to go and random urinalysis should be routine. Around here the cops are so righteous and beyond reproach that they aren't subject to random UAs. Unbelievable!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Jerry Spence is going to be on the legal team for the Yantis family....Good

Jacks daughter just gave her statement from the scene,still covered in blood, emphasizing her father was never given medical treatment in any way and they would not finish the bull off which we new....

Go Jerry Spence....Get 'em laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You mean Gerry?

Have Dog

Will Travel

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
In his tailored, fringed, 18th century jacket I'm sure. That jacket sure does sway juries though.

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Logcutter.......thanks for keeping the information flowing on this deal even if it does stink to high heaven.

Are you going down there next Saturday?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
There having an in house tonight in Council for residents only with the Sheriff.He married a local, is how he ended up there.I doubt we will learn anything from that because he is bound to be tight lipped...

I'm staying away from that place..Wise people would also.I'm sure there are alot of eyes looking for out of the area people after all the threats.

Thanks for the heads up on spelling names correctly, Wajeslave.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laffin'.

Good one, Ron.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Page 50 of 175 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (160user, 1234, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,457
Posts18,489,764
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.