Double Tap

Last edited by Bluedreaux; 11/10/15.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
FWIW I wasn't trying to skew the meaning of the post, just understand what that part meant without getting into the feud portion.

I understand. Unfortunately, my whole post was feud based.

I'm trying to understand the latitudes that are and aren't afforded people and under what circumstances.

I just want to know why aces feels compelled to grant an accolade to a man who's business revolves around dealing with facts, evidence, and the legal system as opposed to an anonymous person on the web, who simply advocates waiting on the facts, evidence, and allowing the legal system to function. The latter person is subsequently treated with all the charm of a pack of drunken sailors (no offense to drunken sailors)

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
De-escalate what situation? A car/cow wreck normally has nothing to "de-escalate".

Originally Posted by postoak
The Statesman also interviewed several family members, including Rowdy Paradis, a nephew of the couple’s who said he witnessed the shootings.

“Law enforcement should be trained to de-escalate situations,” said Rowdy Paradis. “In this case, I stood 10 feet away and watched two deputies escalate the situation and needlessly kill a man.”

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/article43654638.html#storylink=cpy

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by ltppowell
De-escalate what situation? A car/cow wreck normally has nothing to "de-escalate".

The Statesman also interviewed several family members, including Rowdy Paradis, a nephew of the couple’s who said he witnessed the shootings.

“Law enforcement should be trained to de-escalate situations,” said Rowdy Paradis. “In this case, I stood 10 feet away and watched two deputies escalate the situation and needlessly kill a man.”f

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/article43654638.html#storylink=cpy

Normally is not 100% of the time.

Last edited by jwp475; 11/10/15.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
from your first assertion that they aren't YOUR studies. I never said they were...

Plain English, you wrote...

You can study all you want

I'm getting a glimpse of what its like to be a Cop on these treads... crazy

What you're saying is dancing around what I'm saying, which is 100% true

Nope, just cut right to the heart of it; educated folks emphasize education in their kids, generally speaking, they also live in areas where teachers get paid more. I can tell you straight up, parents are everything.

Sorta ironic I know, me a public school teacher, arguing against the role of salaries.... grin

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jwp475

“Law enforcement should be trained to de-escalate situations,” said Rowdy Paradis. “In this case, I stood 10 feet away and watched two deputies escalate the situation and needlessly kill a man.”f

Of course. Something here was definitely different than the average cow/car wreck that these guys handle all the time. What was it? Did the deputies just get together at lunch and decide to kill the next guy they see? Did the cow farmer lose his mind over his prize bull? Was it just a tragic accident?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Of course. Something here was definitely different than the average cow/car wreck that these guys handle all the time. What was it? Did the deputies just get together at lunch and decide to kill the next guy they see? Did the cow farmer lose his mind over his prize bull? Was it just a tragic accident?

Not enough facts at this point to determine what happened and why, IMHO.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
IIRC the one Deputy was local and had 15 years on the job, I'd guess his record would be one place to start looking.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

While Paradis was getting the skid loader, the deputies started shooting at the bull. At least one of them had a semiautomatic rifle, perhaps an AR-15, an adaptation of the military M16.

“They opened up with their pistols and their M16s ... before Jack got there,” Paradis said. “That’s an inhumane deal. ... This is a 2-ton Angus bull that’s pissed off, he’s hurt and psychotic. ... It was blazing down there and it sounded like World War III on this bull, because they got him charging at everyone again.”

Paradis drove the skid loader down the driveway and parked on the highway. The bull was lying on the pavement. Donna Yantis had walked the rifle to her husband. Jack Yantis was standing about 4 feet from the bull, aiming the rifle at the back of the bull’s head. His back was to the two deputies, who were standing in the far lane facing each other as if they were having a conversation.

“I put the (skid loader’s) lights on him and the bull, and he lined up to shoot the bull in the back of head and put him out humanely,” Paradis said.

DEPUTIES SHOOT YANTIS

The rifle’s barrel was about 2 feet from the bull, and Jack Yantis’ finger was on the trigger.

“Everything was going as planned. … I did not notice any conversation at all” between Jack Yantis and the deputies, Paradis said. “Then the one cop turned around and grabbed his shoulder and jerked him backwards.”

The deputy came from behind, spun Yantis around and grabbed the rifle’s scope, Paradis said.

The deputy pushed Yantis. The rifle was still in Yantis’ hands, its barrel pointed at the ground. Yantis was trying to regain his footing.

Paradis said he does not know whether the rifle fired, but he thinks it might have discharged accidentally when the deputy grabbed Yantis and spun him, or when one of the deputy’s bullets pierced Yantis’ hand holding the rifle, hitting the gun and damaging it.

One deputy began shooting at Yantis, then the other deputy started shooting.

HANDCUFFS AND A HEART ATTACK

Donna Yantis said she and Paradis screamed at the deputies to stop.

Shot in the chest and abdomen, Jack Yantis fell to the ground. Neither deputy went to check on him. Paradis and Donna Yantis started running toward him.

“And then they threatened me and my nephew ... threw us on the middle of Highway 95, searched us and handcuffed us, and wouldn’t let us go take care of Jack,” Donna Yantis said.

Paradis said one deputy pointed his gun at Paradis’ head.

Donna Yantis had a heart attack. Some time later, she was taken by ambulance to Midvale and then by helicopter to Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise, where she remained hospitalized Saturday.

Rumsey, the family friend at dinner, had been near the wrecked car when the shooting started and ran toward Jack. The deputies handcuffed him, too.

If this account proves to be factual then the deputies are going to be in a world of trouble IMHO

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The problem is factual by whom..ISP has a history of cover ups to protect law enforcement officers..3 ISP filed suit as whistle blowers not covering up with the rest of them(telling the truth) and given chit duty since which brought this article from the Statesman.

When the Idaho State Police are accused of bias, wrongdoing, cover-ups or favoritism, whose job is it to ferret out the truth?

ISP does not have an oversight board — for instance, the Correction Board, the Land Board or the Fish and Game Commission. The governor appoints the director and deputy director; they answer to him. The governor has the authority to call for investigations.

The Idaho Attorney General’s Office says it does not have authority to conduct an investigation, unless asked to do so by a county sheriff or prosecutor.

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...itics/article40863063.html#storylink=cpy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by logcutter
When the Idaho State Police are accused of bias, wrongdoing, cover-ups or favoritism, whose job is it to ferret out the truth?

ISP does not have an oversight board — for instance, the Correction Board, the Land Board or the Fish and Game Commission. The governor appoints the director and deputy director; they answer to him. The governor has the authority to call for investigations.

The Idaho Attorney General’s Office says it does not have authority to conduct an investigation, unless asked to do so by a county sheriff or prosecutor.

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...itics/article40863063.html#storylink=cpy[/i]

That's easy...the FBI, but I'm sure they're in on it too. wink

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Fact is everything reported by reporters is not 100% accurate. Anyone ever involved in a write up by reporters surely knows this.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by winchesterpoor
you draw a cross horn to opposite eye a cross more or less ( center X marks the spot) and put the bullet in flat

mebbe they didn't have Sharpie.....

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by winchesterpoor
you draw a cross horn to opposite eye a cross more or less ( center X marks the spot) and put the bullet in flat

mebbe they didn't have Sharpie.....

besides, you have to shoot the bull so it will be still to draw the X on...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crazy stuff can happen when a big, hurt animal decides you are to blame.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IF that account proves to NOT be in accordance with the facts in any meaningful way, the Lawyers who oversaw its preparation and release should be dis-barred.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Fact is everything reported by reporters is not 100% accurate. Anyone ever involved in a write up by reporters surely knows this.

I haven't read any reports from reporters that were there,I have read reports/statements from family members that were there though.I also saw the interview in person from his daughter and son-in-law that is factual to what they saw,not heard,saw.Unless of course they made a false statement on what they saw.

When you read a statement from a family member(More than one) that is the same from news channel to news channel,that would be more factual.None of the statements contradict the other.

ISP on the other hand is just getting to taking statements 10 days after the fact.The big concern from the meeting with the Sheriff last night was why are we paying for body cams and dash cams if there not on..Sheriffs reply..It's up to each deputy when to and when not to turn them on...

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by curdog4570
IF that account proves to NOT be in accordance with the facts in any meaningful way, the Lawyers who oversaw its preparation and release should be dis-barred.

So you are of the belief that everything a report writes is 100% spot? You are saying that reporters never miss quote or take statements out of context, right?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by logcutter
The big concern from the meeting with the Sheriff last night was why are we paying for body cams and dash cams if there not on..Sheriffs reply..It's up to each deputy when to and when not to turn them on...

Is it confirmed that neither body nor dash cam footage is available?

Page 53 of 175 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.