Print Thread
Hop To
Page 54 of 175 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 174 175
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Jerry Spence will make sure that the families side is very well represented. IMHO 30 years ago the officers would have waited for the rancher to dispatch the bull and thus this would not have escalated.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
No,just the dash cam so far..No comment on the body cams other than the sheriff said he didn't know(Ya right)..According to the Sheriff when he and the under sheriff arrived on scene they didn't talk to anyone and left everything for the ISP.

I highly doubt he did not talk to either officer on scene without ISP there and before it was all turned over to them..

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jwp475

IMHO 30 years ago the officers would have waited for the rancher to dispatch the bull and thus would not have escalated.
Bingo. It's a massive change in American police culture that's at the root of the problem. How we fix that, I don't know, because it's just a symptom of much broader problems in the culture at large.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
IF that account proves to NOT be in accordance with the facts in any meaningful way, the Lawyers who oversaw its preparation and release should be dis-barred.

So you are of the belief that everything a report writes is 100% spot? You are saying that reporters never miss quote or take statements out of context, right?

A family retains a Lawyer.

They want to release a statement to the Press, but don't want to jeopardize any future possible lawsuit.

The Lawyer helps them with the statement, knowing that they may have to give a deposition, or testify in court, UNDER OATH, about the event.

Any mis - statements that have to be explained away later are a Lawyer's nightmre.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Also in the connecting counties,Valley and Idaho,it is very very rare for dispatch to give an officer the green light on putting injured game away.Fish and Game has to do it.

A county or city officer cannot euthanize an injured animal without confirmation from the appropriate source.Seen it sadly to many times.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by logcutter

I highly doubt he did not talk to either officer on scene without ISP there and before it was all turned over to them..

Yea....that's pretty hard to swallow.....but don't worry...I'm sure someone will be along shortly to explain to you that it's quite common for a supervisor to show up at the scene of a shooting in which two of his charges are involved and not talk to either of them.....followed by the usual condescending wise crack of course.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

IMHO 30 years ago the officers would have waited for the rancher to dispatch the bull and thus would not have escalated.
Bingo. It's a massive change in American police culture that's at the root of the problem. How we fix that, I don't know, because it's just a symptom of much broader problems in the culture at large.

I actually agree with that, and I was a cop 30 years ago. I'm familiar with open range too...I lease the hunting rights on 10K acres of it. Funny how cattle on open range has an ear tag and a brand, but those in fences are unmarked and nobody owns them when they get out and wreck a car.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Yea....that's pretty hard to swallow.....but don't worry...I'm sure someone will be along shortly to explain to you that it's quite common for a supervisor to show up at the scene of a shooting in which two of his charges are involved and not talk to either of them.....followed by the usual condescending wise crack of course.

Well...I guess that would be me. We lawyer up as soon as it happens and don't speak to anybody else...BUT a report is completed immediately.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you forgot the condescending wisecrack.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE
you forgot the condescending wisecrack.

That's not Texan.

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
IF that account proves to NOT be in accordance with the facts in any meaningful way, the Lawyers who oversaw its preparation and release should be dis-barred.

So you are of the belief that everything a report writes is 100% spot? You are saying that reporters never miss quote or take statements out of context, right?

A family retains a Lawyer.

They want to release a statement to the Press, but don't want to jeopardize any future possible lawsuit.

The Lawyer helps them with the statement, knowing that they may have to give a deposition, or testify in court, UNDER OATH, about the event.

Any mis - statements that have to be explained away later are a Lawyer's nightmre.

None of your post deals with the reporters version which may or may not be 100% accurate.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
None of your post deals with the reporters version which may or may not be 100% accurate.

Which ones are you talking about?I never have saw a reporters version but I have seen witness's statements reporters reported or interviews with witness's..

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Which ones are you talking about?I never have saw a reporters version but I have seen witness's statements reporters reported or interviews with witness's..

You put up links that are written by reporters. Duh! Which is all we get to see. In cases like this there is 3 sides to the event, the families, the deputies and the truth usually somewhere in the middle.

Last edited by jwp475; 11/11/15.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You put up links that are written by reporters. Duh!

So interviews or anything written in the paper or reported by a news station is meaningless even though it is the same from reporter to reporter.

So what will be the ISP report when a link is provided?Will it be directly from the ISP headquarters or "reported" on a news station or the paper?

The 100% facts and nothing but the facts regardless of what others saw?

Let me leave you with an exert from the town meeting last night held by the Sheriff:

One man said many do not trust the police to do a truly independent investigation of Yantis’ death.

“All of the investigation is under one roof of government,” Brian Pearce said. “You’re looking at a crowd that does not trust government on any level.”

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

The same reporter to reporter only when they reprint the original article. You don't trust the government in Idaho to do a fair investigation but you trust a reporter?

What type of logic is that?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That reporter is getting the first, and probably only, attention that they'll ever get. He better make it good.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I could give a FRA, about the nitpicking and "Angels dancing on the head of a pin" BS that JWP475 keeps throwing out here.

At this point you're "our man on the scene", and a LOT of folks are following your posts, quietly weighing what they read, and not making much noise, one way or another.

Keep em' coming, please.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by ltppowell
That reporter is getting the first, and probably only, attention that they'll ever get. He better make it good.

I know you have been involved in news reports, how accurate were they normally? Not real accurate IME.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Apparently some of the sort of folks that are part of the problem are posting right here on the fire.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You don't trust the government in Idaho to do a fair investigation but you trust a reporter?

What type of logic is that?

You'll have to ask the guy from Council that said it.I didn't,but I do know them well,his wife fixed me lunch many many times.

I don't trust reporters as you imply, but I do trust what I see on live interviews as I have with most of the quotes I post,then the live interview is broken down into text to publish in a paper or on a news site by a writer or ya,that damned reporter.

Page 54 of 175 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,444
Posts18,489,584
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.