-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 55 of 175 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 174 175
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
EVERY reporter is looking for one thing...the Big Story. If they can't find it, they'll manufacture it. It is the only way to advance to a bigger market and more money.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by ltppowell
EVERY reporter is looking for one thing...the Big Story. If they can't find it, they'll manufacture it. It is the only way to advance to a bigger market and more money.

My point exactly.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
Apparently some of the sort of folks that are part of the problem are posting right here on the fire.

You mean the folks that advocate killing folks for improperly dispatching injured animals, or lynching folks without a fair trial.

I agree.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by logcutter
You put up links that are written by reporters. Duh!

So interviews or anything written in the paper or reported by a news station is meaningless even though it is the same from reporter to reporter.

[/i]

I would guess that if multiple news outlets are all doing stories based on the same statement released by the families lawyer that they would all pretty much be the same...same source document.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by RWE
Apparently some of the sort of folks that are part of the problem are posting right here on the fire.

You mean the folks that advocate killing folks for improperly dispatching injured animals, or lynching folks without a fair trial.

I agree.

From the residents of Council to the sheriff alst night...NOT ME.. laugh

More than one person asked why the deputies are on paid leave and not sitting in jail pending the outcome of the investigation.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

More than one person asked why the deputies are on paid leave and not sitting in jail pending the outcome of the investigation.

I'm glad it wasn't you. I like to think most of our members aren't that dumb.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by ltppowell

I'm glad it wasn't you. I like to think most of our members aren't that dumb.

One would like to think so, but one never knows.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
I could give a FRA, about the nitpicking and "Angels dancing on the head of a pin" BS that JWP475 keeps throwing out here.

At this point you're "our man on the scene", and a LOT of folks are following your posts, quietly weighing what they read, and not making much noise, one way or another.

Keep em' coming, please.

GTC

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin"

Just a part of the "Circling the wagons" drill we've watched here on the 'fire so many times.

Like everytime that ANY cop, ANYWHERE, is accused of wrongdoing.

They are harmless and ineffective, but - Bless their little hearts - it makes 'em feel good about themselves.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

I agree.

Well, I know cross has said it already, and I know you have your opinion on the matter, Mr. Cutter of Log, but I'd like to thank you for the updates.

At this point, the thread is a train wreck I can't walk away from.

Like a tongue going to the hole of a tooth knocked out.

Wish the Idaho SP would just get on with it, so all those so inclined can beat their chest and claim victory, and others can claim conspiracy or public pressure or whatever, and ultimately, we can get back to business as usual.

Although, I wholly expect many of the folks here of impeccable honor and duty to move to Idaho and become deputies, as a matter of social justice on their parts.

Last edited by RWE; 11/11/15. Reason: added options
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
For those involved in this thread that question post from whatever source or the poster,may I suggest since your not locals that you tune into a live feed from a local station to see the reporting in person live and actually on scene in many cases and from the people that were there,also in some cases....

Area served City of license VC RF Callsign Network Notes
Boise Boise 2 9 KBOI-TV CBS
Boise Boise 4 21 KAID PBS
Boise Nampa 6 24 KIVI-TV ABC
Boise Boise 7 7 KTVB NBC
Boise Caldwell 9 10 KNIN-TV Fox
Boise Nampa 12 13 KTRV-TV MyNetworkTV
Boise Boise 39 39 KKJB Local/Telemundo

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE

Although, I wholly expect many of the folks here of impeccable honor and duty to move to Idaho and become deputies, as a matter of social justice on their parts.

Yeah...I've been to Idaho. My best friend married a rich rancher's daughter there. This thread pretty much confirms my experience there was not unique.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Mr. Yantis has previous convictions for Resisting, Battery, and OWI. Older stuff, but something that may or may not provide some insight into how things went bad.

https://www.idcourts.us/repository/caseHistory.do?schema=ADAMS&county=Adams&roaDetail=yes&partySequence=4784&displayName=Yantis%2C+Jack+Fred

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
What everyone seems to forget,out of those quotes by the locals or the locals attitudes..They know way more of what went on than we do....

There were EMT's on scene that have not gone public about the shooting or why they were not called over to check on Jack after he was shot to care for him..Others were in the road block at the scene and there were the curious neighbors,none of which has said anything publicly, but the locals know from the many that were there what actually happened.

In a small town like Council,word spreads fast and mums the word.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cv540
Mr. Yantis has previous convictions for Resisting, Battery, and OWI. Older stuff, but something that may or may not provide some insight into how things went bad.

https://www.idcourts.us/repository/caseHistory.do?schema=ADAMS&county=Adams&roaDetail=yes&partySequence=4784&displayName=Yantis%2C+Jack+Fred

Excuse my lack of American, but whats OWI?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pete E

Excuse my lack of American, but whats OWI?

Operating while intoxicated
(drunk driving)

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
Operating (a motor vehicle) While Intoxicated

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Logcutter, should we go ahead with the execution, now that you have assured all that the facts are in?

B
BFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
In a small town like Council,word spreads fast and mums the word.

talk about contradictions.

fascinating thread here for sure. 1000+ posts of ????

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Geez...Battery and obstructing an officer in 1997..In 2002 driving with an expired licence and a DUI and in 2005 an over weight ticket..OMG..What a rascal...

It sounds just typical for up in that area.One of my buddies got beat half to death with a night stick for not complying with an officer down there...

Nothing in 13 years on his record although it would be interesting to see if any of the arresting officers of his past was the head honcho that did the harm in this incident.

I am surprised that is up there for the public listing the officers names....

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by jwp475

Logcutter, should we go ahead with the execution, now that you have assured all that the facts are in?

No..Your not a local...Only the locals get to pull the handle at the lynching.There's a lottery going on right now for the right... laugh

BFR45-70

Page 55 of 175 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,961
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.