Hop To
Page 56 of 175 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 174 175
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by BFD
Originally Posted by logcutter
In a small town like Council,word spreads fast and mums the word.

talk about contradictions.

fascinating thread here for sure. 1000+ posts of ????

Meaning there not talking to the press,nothing else..No contradiction..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
EVERY reporter is looking for one thing...the Big Story. If they can't find it, they'll manufacture it. It is the only way to advance to a bigger market and more money.

Let's get to brass tacks, here. We have several written witness accounts, and no evidence at all that they are factually incorrect.

We have some reporters reporting trivial stuff independently.

We have a sheriff's statement after the fact that contains several (I dare say) deliberate misstatements and factual errors. The suggestion he didn't speak to the deputies is mind boggling, if true.

Everything is being investigated by the ISP, which has a history of covering up gross police misconduct and harassing anyone that doesn't join the cover up.

And you wonder why we don't wait for whatever story the Sheriff, ISP and suspected murderers are cooking up together?

And you wonder why local witnesses are reluctant to speak out in fear of retaliation?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cv540
Mr. Yantis has previous convictions for Resisting, Battery, and OWI. Older stuff, but something that may or may not provide some insight into how things went bad.

https://www.idcourts.us/repository/caseHistory.do?schema=ADAMS&county=Adams&roaDetail=yes&partySequence=4784&displayName=Yantis%2C+Jack+Fred

Why would YOU need any further "insight ?"

.....or have you gone swapped ends completely ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by ltppowell
EVERY reporter is looking for one thing...the Big Story. If they can't find it, they'll manufacture it. It is the only way to advance to a bigger market and more money.

Let's get to brass tacks, here. We have several written witness accounts, and no evidence at all that they are factually incorrect.

We have a sheriff's statement after the fact that contains several (I dare say) deliberate misstatements and factual errors. The suggestion he didn't speak to the deputies is mind boggling, if true.

Everything is being investigated by the ISP, which has a history of covering up gross police misconduct and harassing anyone that doesn't join the cover up.

And you wonder why we don't wait for whatever story the Sheriff, ISP and suspected murderers are cooking up together?

And you wonder why local witnesses are reluctant to speak out in fear of retaliation?

No. I don't wonder about any of it. I was asked about reporters, not to speculate on things that I have no knowledge of. Are you one of those scared witnesses, or are you speculating?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

WOW..Great post and 100% correct in my eyes especially about retaliation...Last night at the Sheriffs meeting they ask the Sheriff if he would resign if the deputies were convicted of wrong doing..He said...NO

So there left with the currant Sheriff and deputies to deal with and be watched by.Know wonder they ain't talk'n publicly.

I say cop in this case instead of officer..Just 1 cop on your case in a small town looking for any reason too, is not a good thing.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Also asked last night was if the dash or body cams were on.

Nine days after the fact and the local sheriff said he didn't know if they were on or not??

Yeah right!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Really..

Picture this..The accident and what followed..The sheriff was notified probably by cell phone rather than over the air by the deputy and the sheriff and under-sheriff come to the scene..Both above the deputy and in charge at that point.

But didn't talk to the deputy on scene....Really!

Come on..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Really..

Picture this..The accident and what followed..The sheriff was notified probably by cell phone rather than over the air by the deputy and the sheriff and under-sheriff come to the scene..Both above the deputy and in charge at that point.

Come on..

We're confronting the "trickle down morality" prevalent at the highest levels,...e.g. LYING is justified, by extenuating circumstances, or what one's puppet masters and lawyers dictate / advise.
That A-whole has failed in his oath, and failed his community !

Damned tragic and lamentable state of affairs.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Really..

Come on..

Yes. Really

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Really..

Come on..

Yes. Really

Whether you think so or not, every one here is not stupid.

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Sherrifs are elected, if the people aren't happy with him they can certainly unelect him.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by mirage243
Really..

Come on..

Yes. Really

Whether you think so or not, every one here is not stupid.

Maybe not. But we know you are.

If they lawyered up he CAN'T talk to them

Furthermore why would he inject himself into the middle of an investigation he is not conducting. He knows he still has an agency to run

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He knows he still has an agency to run

You mean the rest of the crime and stuff in Adam's county hasn't stopped while we're waiting for the outcome of this?

I figured all the ne'er-do-wells were busy blogging and not up to no good.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Furthermore why would he inject himself into the middle of an investigation he is not conducting

There was no investigation at that point.It was an ongoing incident where the sheriff was in charge once he arrived.

Through all that, the victim was never given medical care with EMT's on scene..The deputies do not have the authority to pronounce him dead.Only the coroner or an MD can do that here.

And the sheriff was oblivious to all this while there!

Yup,that's the way it went down and more than likely ISP will back it up with the officers fearing for there lives from a guy they called to take care of the bull....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It was an ongoing incident where the sheriff was in charge once he arrived.

One would THINK that simple fact would resonate, and provide good grounds for careful reflections .

....looks like it's just echoing around inside of some totally empty heads, instead.

GTC

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by cv540
Mr. Yantis has previous convictions for Resisting, Battery, and OWI. Older stuff, but something that may or may not provide some insight into how things went bad.

https://www.idcourts.us/repository/caseHistory.do?schema=ADAMS&county=Adams&roaDetail=yes&partySequence=4784&displayName=Yantis%2C+Jack+Fred

Why would YOU need any further "insight ?"

.....or have you gone swapped ends completely ?

GTC

Not sure what you mean by "swapped ends completely."

It is a small amount of information that MAY or MAY NOT be relevant.

MAY: He was pissed up drunk in the past, driving, fighting, and resisting. Was this his condition and demeanor a week ago? We don't know.

MAY NOT: He took the oath years ago, and was sober as a judge a week ago.

MAY: He and one of the deputies had dealings in the past when he was arrested and resisted, and there was bad blood between them.

MAY NOT: None of them had ever met before.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Really..

Come on..

He didn't say he had not talked to them, said he had turned over the cam's or footage to ISP and didn't know if they were on and recording during the incident or not.

Just seems strange that he would not know if there was video or not, nine days after the fact.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

That speaks volumes, in and of itself.

I don't really give a damn if YOU understand,...there are a LOT of other folks reading this that will understand, and copy 5x5 EXACTLY what I'm saying.

GTC

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

That speaks volumes, in and of itself.

I don't really give a damn if YOU understand,...there are a LOT of other folks reading this that will understand, and copy 5x5 EXACTLY what I'm saying.

GTC

Let me repeat a previous post: Do you ever discuss something with someone you don't agree with and NOT turn to insults or unfounded conclusions?

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Let me repeat a previous post: Do you ever discuss something with someone you don't agree with and NOT turn to insults or unfounded conclusions?

All the time,....

almost NEVER with fascistic a-wholes, though.

That work ?

GTC

Page 56 of 175 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (219 Wasp, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 60 invisible), 2,455 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,459
Posts18,489,777
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.