Print Thread
Hop To
Page 57 of 175 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 174 175
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
700LH

He said once they realized the situation that he and the under sheriff stepped out of the scene.So he new....

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...shooting-death-council-rancher/75556400/

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And just by way of turnaround being fair play, let ME repeat part of one of your other , earlier posts:

He precipitated his own death, and won't get any tears from me.

Merely ask why you'd bother seeking any further "insight", after beaking off that loudly

Capiche ?

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
from the article

Yantis' son-in-law, Mike Armistead, said he still had unanswered questions, but expressed conviction the truth would emerge eventually.

"I think when it's all settled and everything comes out, we'll get answers," he said. "I have confidence in the investigation".

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Let me repeat a previous post: Do you ever discuss something with someone you don't agree with and NOT turn to insults or unfounded conclusions?

All the time,....

almost NEVER with fascistic a-wholes, though.

That work ?

GTC

Your posts are long on pointless platitudes and short on substance. Leave my posts be and I'll do the same with yours.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Picture a cop, or cops, accused of grievous misconduct.

Picture a circle of forum members sympathetic to them forming a wall around them.

Picture other forum members outraged by the event as reported, and posting comments to that effect.Some say their piece and move on. Others hang around, because:

Those forming the wall around the cops respond to EVERY post made which is critical of the cops. So... the thread goes on and on.

You had the option of saying your piece and moving on, not identifying with either group.

Instead, you chose to hang around and participate, identifying with those OUTSIDE the wall.

Now, it appears you have joined the wall. Nothing wrong with changing sides, but nothing wrong with someone calling attention to it, either.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Out of all the speculation, one thing is certain, and that is Turdcutter is living proof that cousins shouldn't breed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Leave my posts be

....now THAT is funny.

albeit a bit WHINY.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by RWE
from the article

Yantis' son-in-law, Mike Armistead, said he still had unanswered questions, but expressed conviction the truth would emerge eventually.

"I think when it's all settled and everything comes out, we'll get answers," he said. "I have confidence in the investigation".

Originally Posted by logcutter
You put up links that are written by reporters. Duh!

So interviews or anything written in the paper or reported by a news station is meaningless even though it is the same from reporter to reporter.

So what will be the ISP report when a link is provided?Will it be directly from the ISP headquarters or "reported" on a news station or the paper?

The 100% facts and nothing but the facts regardless of what others saw?

Let me leave you with an exert from the town meeting last night held by the Sheriff:

One man said many do not trust the police to do a truly independent investigation of Yantis’ death.

“All of the investigation is under one roof of government,” Brian Pearce said. “You’re looking at a crowd that does not trust government on any level.”

Even the locals don't agree on the outcome of the investigation.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
this kind of caught my eye out of that meeting:
"Sarah Yantis, Jack's daughter, was emotional after the nearly one-hour meeting. She told KTVB the sheriff didn't answer any questions.

"I found him to be evasive [and] contradictory, and in the end I just asked him to look me in the eye when he lied to us," she said."

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Picture a cop, or cops, accused of grievous misconduct.

Picture a circle of forum members sympathetic to them forming a wall around them.

Picture other forum members outraged by the event as reported, and posting comments to that effect.Some say their piece and move on. Others hang around, because:

Those forming the wall around the cops respond to EVERY post made which is critical of the cops. So... the thread goes on and on.

You had the option of saying your piece and moving on, not identifying with either group.

Instead, you chose to hang around and participate, identifying with those OUTSIDE the wall.

Now, it appears you have joined the wall. Nothing wrong with changing sides, but nothing wrong with someone calling attention to it, either.

I don't think I ever identified with those "outside the wall" if anything I was sympathetic with the police until the full story comes out. The only version we have is the sanitized family version put out through the mouthpiece lawyer who has dollars in his eyes.

-George Washington
IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
"Sarah Yantis, Jack's daughter, was emotional after the nearly one-hour meeting. She told KTVB the sheriff didn't answer any questions.

"I found him to be evasive [and] contradictory, and in the end I just asked him to look me in the eye when he lied to us," she said."

what caught my eye is that she is saying the sheriff is lying, and her husband is the one saying he has confidence in the investigation.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE

what caught my eye is that she is saying the sheriff is lying, and her husband is the one saying he has confidence in the investigation.
The Sheriff ain't the one doing the investigating. The Idaho State Police are. So it's not contradictory.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Leave my posts be

....now THAT is funny.

albeit a bit WHINY.

GTC

You think I'm a fascist, I know you are incapable of articulate discussion...any chance either of us will change each other's minds.......

Hell for Campfire members is being locked in a room with Crossfireoops for eternity talking in circles

-George Washington
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by RWE

The Sheriff ain't the one doing the investigating. The Idaho State Police are. So it's not contradictory.

If she believes the sherrif is lying, then the deputies will probably lie as well, thus effecting the investigation, don't you think?

Last edited by jwp475; 11/11/15.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

I wasn't pointing out that it is contradictory. Just that the situation isn't black and white - as in, the SIL doesn't roll with the whole "investigation under one roof" theory of corruption.

Also pointing out, contrary to what was also thrown out here as "facts in existence" that apparently one of the family is OK with the impending investigation process so far.

Hmm.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I keep thinking that Jack Yantis was called by the sheriff's dispatcher and that everybody on the scene KNEW he was coming and KNEW that he was going to put down that bull with a firearm, just as he had done on previous occasions. The sheriff's deputies had obviously FAILED by just gut-shooting that bull for fun. The sheriff should have arrested both deputies within one hour of his arrival at that scene.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by GreatWapus.sy
Out of all the speculation, one thing is certain, and that is Turdcutter is living proof that cousins shouldn't breed.

One of the biggest piece of sh.it mall cops speaks up to condemn logcutter for keeping us updated. It would be unbelievable but I've come to expect anything by the "cops do no wrong" crowd. Great Wapus.sy keeps delivering with stupid comments and boring insults.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Whether the deputies knew he was coming out or not, him arriving at the scene with a gun, especially given the other movement-the skid steer, etc., shouldn't have been cause for alarm. Thus, I think the "reasonable man" defense goes out the window-at least it would for a "civilian".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Some say their piece and move on. Others hang around, because:

I hang on because the people surrounding me don't make me feel nearly as smart as the one's on these threads do.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RWE

I wasn't pointing out that it is contradictory. Just that the situation isn't black and white - as in, the SIL doesn't roll with the whole "investigation under one roof" theory of corruption.

Also pointing out, contrary to what was also thrown out here as "facts in existence" that apparently one of the family is OK with the impending investigation process so far.

Hmm.
What you've got is apparently Jack's daughter thinks the Sheriff ain't to be trusted. Her husband trusts the ISP to investigate the matter. I don't fully understand some of what you're saying, I guess.

Page 57 of 175 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 53 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,455
Posts18,489,729
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.