Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 58 of 175 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 174 175
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
What you've got is apparently Jack's daughter thinks the Sheriff ain't to be trusted. Her husband trusts the ISP to investigate the matter. I don't fully understand some of what you're saying, I guess.

I'm saying that:

All the people, apparently family, aren't all "don't trust the government" sorts, if they are able to separate two different offices into categories of "trust" and "don't trust"

AND

maybe you're steaming expose on the corruption of ISP investigators isn't all it was cracked up to be?

Unless they have already intimidated the son in law into being a toady. (your easy out)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Some say their piece and move on. Others hang around, because:

I hang on because the people surrounding me don't make me feel nearly as smart as the one's on these threads do.

Sounds like you are agreeing with me.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Even the locals don't agree on the outcome of the investigation.

That's to be expected in a small town,isn't it?You have all the law enforcement families, with there aunts/cousins and close friends backing them in the time of need,then you have the others backing there friends and family.

Less than 800 folks now, I believe and yes,they don't all agree on this or politics/religion/hunting/guns or anything for that matter and they fist fight from time to time also.Just a normal backwoods community.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by logcutter
Even the locals don't agree on the outcome of the investigation.

That's to be expected in a small town,isn't it?

That's to be expected anywhere people are running on rumor and innuendo.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This thread turned out as expected. An innocent man is killed by the cops and the usual low life scum aka campfire cops show up to put down anyone that doesn't say how awesome the cops are. After several days and countless denigrations of the victim, victims family and the victims supporters the campfire cu.nts/cops come back with what ifs and other red herrings but in a way indicating that they know they've dug themselves into a hole that their ego can't get them out of.

To be continued...

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
What I don't understand is the lack of people waiting for the outcome of the investigation before deciding guilt or innocence by ANY party involved.

I'm sure the ISP and the special prosecutor feel the extreme pressure to release the details of the investigation... But, I would rather have them do it correctly and leave nothing out, or cause room for further speculation, than do a half assed job.

Not too worried about the integrity of the investigation either. (I only worry about that on the federal level, with BamBam and an agenda to grind)

With the publicity this has drawn, nobody can cover up much of anything.

I expect the investigation to be very enlightening. No matter which side of the issue someone is sitting on.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"That's to be expected anywhere people are.
running on rumor and innuendo.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
This thread turned out as expected. An innocent man is killed by the cops and the usual low life scum aka campfire cops show up to put down anyone that doesn't say how awesome the cops are. After several days and countless denigrations of the victim, victims family and the victims supporters the campfire cu.nts/cops come back with what ifs and other red herrings but in a way indicating that they know they've dug themselves into a hole that their ego can't get them out of.

To be continued...

I thought this was already settled.

Wait...this isn't about Michael Brown?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
"That's to be expected anywhere people are.
running on rumor and innuendo.

That sure seems to be the trend lately.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
What I don't understand is the lack of people waiting for the outcome of the investigation before deciding guilt or innocence by ANY party involved.

I'm sure the ISP and the special prosecutor feel the extreme pressure to release the details of the investigation... But, I would rather have them do it correctly and leave nothing out, or cause room for further speculation, than do a half assed job.

Not too worried about the integrity of the investigation either. (I only worry about that on the federal level, with BamBam and an agenda to grind)

With the publicity this has drawn, nobody can cover up much of anything.

I expect the investigation to be very enlightening. No matter which side of the issue someone is sitting on.

+1

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Equating Jack Yantis to Michael Brown has already been done on this thread... more than once.

I think you'll find that these Deputies don't measure up to Officer Wilson, either.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

To be continued...

Well, luckily you're willing to lower yourself to the level of the cops and denigrate other forum members, and their wives.

What position did you hold in law enforcement?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by cv540
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by cv540
Mr. Yantis has previous convictions for Resisting, Battery, and OWI. Older stuff, but something that may or may not provide some insight into how things went bad.

https://www.idcourts.us/repository/caseHistory.do?schema=ADAMS&county=Adams&roaDetail=yes&partySequence=4784&displayName=Yantis%2C+Jack+Fred

Why would YOU need any further "insight ?"

.....or have you gone swapped ends completely ?

GTC

Not sure what you mean by "swapped ends completely."

It is a small amount of information that MAY or MAY NOT be relevant.

MAY: He was pissed up drunk in the past, driving, fighting, and resisting. Was this his condition and demeanor a week ago? We don't know.

MAY NOT: He took the oath years ago, and was sober as a judge a week ago.

MAY: He and one of the deputies had dealings in the past when he was arrested and resisted, and there was bad blood between them.

MAY NOT: None of them had ever met before.

Shrub Jr. was a drunk and look how he cleaned up.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
What you've got is apparently Jack's daughter thinks the Sheriff ain't to be trusted. Her husband trusts the ISP to investigate the matter. I don't fully understand some of what you're saying, I guess.

I'm saying that:

All the people, apparently family, aren't all "don't trust the government" sorts, if they are able to separate two different offices into categories of "trust" and "don't trust"

AND

maybe you're steaming expose on the corruption of ISP investigators isn't all it was cracked up to be?

Unless they have already intimidated the son in law into being a toady. (your easy out)
I'm just some dude a thousand or so miles south and have little invested in the whole situation other than wanting to see people treated fairly. I felt like the thing I posted, that Logcutter (IIRC) also posted later, was significant. I am not close enough to Idaho's state politics and situation to know if the ISP can be trusted. I don't trust them, but it doesn't matter one way or the other because I'm just commenting on an internet forum. I don't have any thoughts on them intimidating the son-it never entered my mind until you said it. I don't know if the daughter and her husband differ-I was just pointing out that their two statements don't necessarily indicate that they do.

I think you've read a whole lot of speculation into my posts on this and the other related thread, that was never there. I've never given my thoughts on what happened and I'll be the first to say, I wasn't there, so my opinion on things that aren't strictly facts doesn't matter much.

As I said much earlier in the thread when told to quit speculating...you can't quit what you haven't started. Since then I've said some speculative stuff...but not much.

The run-ins with the law years back muddy the waters some. I do have opinions on modern policing, which I already related. Hope this clarifies things while figuring it won't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Some say their piece and move on. Others hang around, because:

I hang on because the people surrounding me don't make me feel nearly as smart as the one's on these threads do.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To be continued...

I thought this was already settled.

Wait...this isn't about Michael Brown?

laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Equating Jack Yantis to Michael Brown has already been done on this thread... more than once.

I think you'll find that these Deputies don't measure up to Officer Wilson, either.

The comparison was merely used as an example of how people heard from "eye witnesses" and the family about an event before the investigation was completed, then they ran off the tracks and based their assumptions of guilt, and their lawless actions immediately following the incident before the facts were made public.

There are lots of similarities.

Not comparing the Yantis family to the Brown family by any means. But sometimes it pays to wait for the facts before committing one's self to one side or the other.

To make bold statements of guilt based one side of a story just shows ignorance.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RWE

To be continued...

Well, luckily you're willing to lower yourself to the level of the cops and denigrate other forum members, and their wives.

What position did you hold in law enforcement?

Yep. I have no problem calling it as I see it, too bad you're too blind to see the problem but you're more than willing to protect those wearing the uniform for no reason other than they're cops. You and others like you are a disgusting snapshot of police departments across this nation.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

In one case we have folks telling our right lies and in another several saying basically the same thing?

in one details reveled very soon, and not in the other.

Bad comparison all around, about the only similarity is LE shot some one.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Yep.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The comparison was merely used as an example of how people heard from "eye witnesses" and the family about an event before the investigation was completed, then they ran off the tracks and based their assumptions of guilt, and their lawless actions immediately following the incident before the facts were made public.

Not comparing the Yantis family to the Brown family by any means. But sometimes it pays to wait for the facts before committing one's self to one side or the other.

To make bold statements of guilt based one side of a story just shows ignorance.

But.... it equates forum members with inner-city blacks as well. I think we are a little more discerning than them.

Page 58 of 175 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,489
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.