Page 59 of 175 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 174 175
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Equating Jack Yantis to Michael Brown has already been done on this thread... more than once.

I think you'll find that these Deputies don't measure up to Officer Wilson, either.

The comparison was merely used as an example of how people heard from "eye witnesses" and the family about an event before the investigation was completed, then they ran off the tracks and based their assumptions of guilt, and their lawless actions immediately following the incident before the facts were made public.

There are lots of similarities.

Not comparing the Yantis family to the Brown family by any means. But sometimes it pays to wait for the facts before committing one's self to one side or the other.

To make bold statements of guilt based one side of a story just shows ignorance.

But.... it equates forum members with inner-city blacks as well. I think we are a little more discerning than them.

I agree with you gene, except for acesnaids....you just know he sucks ghetto cack

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 700LH
There are lots of similarities.

In one case we have folks telling our right lies and in another several saying basically the same thing?

in one details reveled very soon, and not in the other.

Bad comparison all around, about the only similarity is LE shot some one.

Actually the early witness statements with Michael Brown were pretty consistent, hence the "hands up don't shoot" nonsense. This was almost immediate.

After the investigation played out, and all the witnesses were interviewed, the forensics and ballistics were examined, we had a pretty good picture of what the truth was.

However, some of the witnesses still maintained he had his hands up, their testimony just wasn't deemed credible by the Grand Jury, as the forensics contradicted it.

And sometimes peoples recollection of things "Changes" when they are under oath and in front of a Grand Jury.

Last edited by cv540; 11/11/15.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Don't take me wrong on this as I married an officer and have nothing but respect for most..I call them officers not cops out of respect.

The problem I see is the police family that sticks together, right or wrong.Not admitting officers are human and do make mistakes,some worse than others and any investigation,especially on other officers, is going to show the true facts only,not what really happened.We know this is not true all the time.

In this case,will the deputies report over ride what the witness's saw and experienced.Maybe the witness's are getting there statements out so they won't be thrown under the rug in the ISP investigation.

If the ISP report comes out negative to the victim, will that nullify what others saw and went through as if it didn't happen.I think it is good the other side is being heard before the official ISP report comes out.

Had none of this came out, it would be easy to just say Jack fired his weapon first and the officers took appropriate measures to protect those on scene or they feared for there lives.

We now know different.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by RWE

...You and others like you are a disgusting snapshot of police departments across this nation.

Others of us see it this way too. Disgusting and shameful. It is precisely how LE misconduct is condoned and even encouraged.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"The problem I see is the police family that sticks together, right or wrong.Not admitting officers are human and do make mistakes,some worse than others and any investigation,especially on other officers, is going to show the true facts only,not what really happened.We know this is not true all the time."

Our forum cops will readily agree with you about some cops being bad. But only in a generic way.

Once a particular incident of cops misbehaving is brought up for discussion, the usual cadre responds just like Pavlov's dogs. They are robotic like in their responses.

Apparently, they WANT to be seen as different from, and apart from, the rest of the citizenry.

THEY are the chief cause of the division and mistrust where it exists.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
This thread turned out as expected. An innocent man is killed by the cops and the usual low life scum aka campfire cops show up to put down anyone that doesn't say how awesome the cops are. After several days and countless denigrations of the victim, victims family and the victims supporters the campfire cu.nts/cops come back with what ifs and other red herrings but in a way indicating that they know they've dug themselves into a hole that their ego can't get them out of.

To be continued...

Well, luckily you're willing to lower yourself to the level of the cops and denigrate other forum members, and their wives.

What position did you hold in law enforcement?

Yep. I have no problem calling it as I see it, too bad you're too blind to see the problem but you're more than willing to protect those wearing the uniform for no reason other than they're cops. You and others like you are a disgusting snapshot of police departments across this nation.

How am I any different then the deceased's son-in-law who said that we will get the facts when thee investigation is complete, and have trust in the investigation?

I have no problem calling it as I see it.

You're a thug, no different than the ones that riot for no reason.

Your friend mirage and pal as well.

My guess is the lot of you will ultimately need due process before your lives are through.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by RWE

...You and others like you are a disgusting snapshot of police departments across this nation.

Others of us see it this way too. Disgusting and shameful. It is precisely how LE misconduct is condoned and even encouraged.

So what would you rather have?

You want Obama to form a National Police Force that answers only to his Justice Dept.? How would that work out for everyone?

One thing about local law enforcement is that if you don't like the game they are playing, you and the rest of the constituency can by law and right change the players. That's the good thing about freedom. You have legal remedies to problematic areas of government.

Hell, you don't even have to have a good reason, other than you don't like the way he looks to vote a sheriff out of office.

Get busy.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by logcutter

“All of the investigation is under one roof of government,” Brian Pearce said. “You’re looking at a crowd that does not trust government on any level.”

This is telling coming from a man with his reputation and shows how bad things must be down there at the present time.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"You're a thug, no different than the ones that riot for no reason.

Your friend mirage and pal as well."

'Scuse me, but your lack of discernment is showing.

THIS is the internet... see?

Rioting for no reason is something that can only be done in the REAL world.

I hope you don't confuse the two this easily on the job.

That would be a very bad thing.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...You have legal remedies to problematic areas of government...

Up yours.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pal
...You have legal remedies to problematic areas of government...

Up yours.

Very rational argument.

I'm sure you'll have lots of success with that method. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"You're a thug, no different than the ones that riot for no reason.

Your friend mirage and pal as well."

'Scuse me, but your lack of discernment is showing.

THIS is the internet... see?

Rioting for no reason is something that can only be done in the REAL world.

I hope you don't confuse the two this easily on the job.

That would be a very bad thing.

I see the difference fine.

I equate their level of dumbphuckery with that as people that riot for no or incorrect reasons. Expressing their level of outrage that coincides with undo attacks on people's wives based simply on a civil request to wait for the facts. Not to mention labeling that level of due process as shameful and disgusting in order to propagate more irrational BS.

Pretty much a thug in anyone's book.

And my job is surveying, so I place virtual maps into the real world. And vice versa. Got a pretty good handle on it, in fact.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If
"The problem I see is the police family that sticks together, right or wrong.Not admitting officers are human and do make mistakes,some worse than others and any investigation,especially on other officers, is going to show the true facts only,not what really happened.We know this is not true all the time."

Our forum cops will readily agree with you about some cops being bad. But only in a generic way.

Once a particular incident of cops misbehaving is brought up for discussion, the usual cadre responds just like Pavlov's dogs. They are robotic like in their responses.

Apparently, they WANT to be seen as different from, and apart from, the rest of the citizenry.

Gene. Can you point one post on this thread where anyone has specifically defended the cops in question?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't waste your time John.

With Gene and the "ilk" collectively and without exception identifying the forum cops as a group in totality, there is no room in the discussion for varying degrees of response, common sense approaches to the situation, due process, facts, evidence, etc.

You either agree with the "ilk" or you don't.

And he's as much to blame with his broad brush as he makes the "forum cops" out to be.

Plain and simple.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In conclusion, its hard to show any level of respect for someone that wants to break down people for being diligent and prudent in making a decision.

It's sad that people who advocate this method for making a [bleep] life and death decision are mocked.

If founding fathers are rolling over because of the alleged tyranny in the U.S., they are equally rolling over for the mob mentality exhibited by so many.

No different than low information voters responding to social media.

I'm going for a beer on Veteran's Day, so I can wonder why I even put boots to dirt to defend some of you folks right to idiocy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Idared
Originally Posted by logcutter

“All of the investigation is under one roof of government,” Brian Pearce said. “You’re looking at a crowd that does not trust government on any level.”

This is telling coming from a man with his reputation and shows how bad things must be down there at the present time.

Good to see somebody else catching that drift.
Kudos.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 11/11/15.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RWE
In conclusion, its hard to show any level of respect for someone that wants to break down people for being diligent and prudent in making a decision.

It's sad that people who advocate this method for making a [bleep] life and death decision are mocked.

If founding fathers are rolling over because of the alleged tyranny in the U.S., they are equally rolling over for the mob mentality exhibited by so many.

I'm going for a beer on Veteran's Day, so I can wonder why I even put boots to dirt to defend some of you folks right to idiocy.

Please, enjoy your beer!

Regards

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE

Excuse me ?

did you just say "alleged tyranny ?"

Phew, good to know that there's no truth to that rumor.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
If

Gene. Can you point one post on this thread where anyone has specifically defended the cops in question?

Can you point to where I claimed y'all DEFENDED them. in the post you quoted?

Please just read the BLACK portion of my posts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Don't waste your time John.

With Gene and the "ilk" collectively and without exception identifying the forum cops as a group in totality, there is no room in the discussion for varying degrees of response, common sense approaches to the situation, due process, facts, evidence, etc.

You either agree with the "ilk" or you don't.

And he's as much to blame with his broad brush as he makes the "forum cops" out to be.

Plain and simple.

Why do you care if guys on an internet forum speak their minds WHEN IT HAS NOT ONE DAMN THING TO DO WITH YOU PERSONALLY?

When I asked that earlier, you, or one of your "ilk" said if I didn't understand it already, it couldn't be explained to me.

IME, a man that can't write clearly doesn't have a writing problem, he has a THINKING problem.

And.. if a man can't come up with a written explanation for WHY he believes something, it's because he's operating on feelings...... like a female.

Page 59 of 175 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (01Foreman400, 2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 54 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,463
Posts18,489,835
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.